The Financial Situation (37 Viewers)

Bianco2nero

IL NUOVO BOMBER
May 13, 2012
Attendance is not directly proportional with income.

Arsenal, for instance, makes more than double that of Dortmund in match day income (around £100 million versus £40 million) despite Dortmund having a third more seats.

And about a third of Arsenal’s income comes from just 9000 premium seats so they make almost as much from those 9000 people as Dortmund does from the full 80,000 stadium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
True nd i Agree with the first sentence.
But the price for tickets at Arsenal are very high. You can't do that in Italy. The average Italian doesn't earn that much money as the average Englishman.
They were already complaining about the price, and they are right. It's high for Italian terms. They should have more seats. Also because a lot of people in Italy were complaining because there weren't much tickets available for a matchday. They sold 30k seasoncards in no time. So basically there are only 8k available for the people. Not enough though.

Buy on AliExpress.com

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
You dunno man :D
Stadium capacity is 41.000
2099 sits for guests which is rarely sold out.
Now do your math and take a guess how we don't fill the whole stadium.
Sometimes Juventus knowing that guest fans can't fill both sector sell some tickets to juventus fans for the upper sector
Even the front sector which can be seen on TV has almost every game a lot of empty seats.

I am sure those are all either seasonal tickets or bought from the likes of listicket, but people still don't bother showing up.

Imagine how empty it would look if it was 60k.

TueF

Jun 4, 2003
True nd i Agree with the first sentence.
But the price for tickets at Arsenal are very high. You can't do that in Italy. The average Italian doesn't earn that much money as the average Englishman.
They were already complaining about the price, and they are right. It's high for Italian terms. They should have more seats. Also because a lot of people in Italy were complaining because there weren't much tickets available for a matchday. They sold 30k seasoncards in no time. So basically there are only 8k available for the people. Not enough though.
That’s a fair point. To increase capacity and make a larger amount of cheaper tickets available for fans is certainly commendable and I’d support that. People should just stop saying that a 55,000 or 60,000 seat stadium would be a better business case than a smaller, more expensive one since that simply isn’t the case.

Jul 13, 2010
That’s a fair point. To increase capacity and make a larger amount of cheaper tickets available for fans is certainly commendable and I’d support that. People should just stop saying that a 55,000 or 60,000 seat stadium would be a better business case than a smaller, more expensive one since that simply isn’t the case.

What :D 55-60k is what we need, because there are much more people who would be willing to fill those seats for less, than expensive ones. And bigger, full stadium is better than small full stadium, atmosphere, spectacle. Players would be more willing to play in a big stadium, neutral fans would chose to watch games at a bigger stadium. Big stadiums are better known to random fans, or even non fans, who actually generate income.

Tl;dr a world class club with 39k stadium is nothing to be proud of and one of the factors that holds us down.

TueF

Jun 4, 2003
What :D 55-60k is what we need, because there are much more people who would be willing to fill those seats for less, than expensive ones. And bigger, full stadium is better than small full stadium, atmosphere, spectacle. Players would be more willing to play in a big stadium, neutral fans would chose to watch games at a bigger stadium. Big stadiums are better known to random fans, or even non fans, who actually generate income.

Tl;dr a world class club with 39k stadium is nothing to be proud of and one of the factors that holds us down.
A bigger, full stadium is better than a small, full stadium, certainly but only if you can get enough income from the people in the seats. Making a 60k stadium only to fill the last 20k seats by selling cheap tickets will certainly help the atmosphere but not the bottom line enough to make it worthwhile.

We just got Ronaldo, so players being more willing to play in a big stadium than a smaller one is ludicrous, as is the size of the stadium being any sort of indicator of global appeal.

Match day income makes up 13% (or £45 million) of our revenue according to the latest Money League. That's a less than the biggest clubs but even Real Madrid, Barcelona and Manchester United only make around 20% of their income from the stadium.

The biggest problem is commercial income where the frontrunners all make around half their money while we only make about 35%. It's also the main difference between a £500 million turnover and a £300 million turnover. In that respect stadium size is a drop in the bucket.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Juventus’ BoD issued a bond

APPROVAL OF THE ISSUANCE OF A NON-CONVERTIBLE BOND

Turin, 12 February 2019
– Juventus Football Club S.p.A. informs that the board of directors approved the possibility of issuing a non-convertible bond in a single or several tranche, by 30 June 2019, for a total nominal amount ranging from € 100 million to € 200 million, through placement reserved to qualified investors. The resolution aims at providing the Company with financial resources for its general corporate purposes, streamlining the structure and the maturity of the debt.
Amount, maturity date and features of the bond will be specifically determined based on the opportunities offered by the market. The notes will be listed on a regulated market or a multilateral trading facility of the European Union.
The minutes of the resolution approved by the Board of Directors regarding the issuance of the bond will be made available to the public at the Company’s registered office, on the authorized storage system www.1info.it and will be accessible on the website www.juventus.com in compliance with the applicable law.

anyone into these stuff can explain what it means?

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
anyone into these stuff can explain what it means?
in a nutshell: we need $$$, and instead of getting a loan from a bank, or raising the capital to issue additional stocks, the board decided to issue this bond. it doesn't mean that the club has financial difficulties. it probably means that getting some cash from the owners (mainly exor) would be more expensive than issuing a bond.

what do the club need the money for? it's unclear. the statement mentions "general corporate purposes", so basically nothing concrete. i wouldn't be surprised if we bought an expensive player (mbappe?), but that might be some wishful thinking.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
in a nutshell: we need $$$, and instead of getting a loan from a bank, or raising the capital to issue additional stocks, the board decided to issue this bond. it doesn't mean that the club has financial difficulties. it probably means that getting some cash from the owners (mainly exor) would be more expensive than issuing a bond.

what do the club need the money for? it's unclear. the statement mentions "general corporate purposes", so basically nothing concrete. i wouldn't be surprised if we bought an expensive player (mbappe?), but that might be some wishful thinking.
Well maybe they're planning to restructure our debt lowering the interests we have to pay.
I doubt , very much, that these money are going to be spent on new players!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)