The Financial Situation (54 Viewers)

Mar 3, 2014
I'd very rarely buy the shares of a non-salary capped sports team.

Unfortunately, for Juve, wages are rising at the pace of the growth of the others leagues (7-10%) and Juve is growing at ~3%. That screams secular pressure.

I'd all for a stock like MSG (of course, assuming the valuation is right), given that the NBA and the NHL keep salaries in check. The only team in world football I'd think of owning the shares of is Real Madrid because of its superior wage structure. Other than that: No Juve, No United, etc.

Most teams just funnel all revenue growth directly to the players. s**tty business...

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Next summer.

If not, read this again in August.
Dude maybe you dunno about it but the project has not started yet primarly because there is so much shit (cit.) to cover the whole Eiffel Tower.
So they're still there cleaning everything.

Basically gipsy spent last 20-30years using that place as a dumpster

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
-106m and they're still spending. I don't think Thoir will stay much long at Inter.
Basically they spend a bit less than us but with a revenue much lower and they still have a shitty team which won't qualify for CL unless they win EL this season. Lol.
Even Milan if they fail to qualify for champions or EL their revenue gonna drop like crazy imo

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
-106m and they're still spending. I don't think Thoir will stay much long at Inter.
Basically they spend a bit less than us but with a revenue much lower and they still have a $#@!ty team which won't qualify for CL unless they win EL this season. Lol.
Even Milan if they fail to qualify for champions or EL their revenue gonna drop like crazy imo
dont you see the conspiracy? Thohirs son is a Juve fan, he takes over Inter > increases debt to -300M > Inter relegated to serie c

its all part of a plan :beppe:

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
I think the only model we can follow is the Bayern model. The Bundesliga has a small TV deal (even compared to Serie A) and they don't overcharge for tickets. I've heard it be said that they make most of their money through merchandising. We have 14 million Italian fans, I believe we are in a very unique situation regarding local fans. Is there any other club in Europe that is this popular in its own country? Having local fans is important because the local club is usually the club fans follow most closely. Italian fans in general are more likely to buy jerseys (and all the other crap Juve store sells) than international fans. International fans are more likely in many cases to buy their local teams' jerseys or perhaps another foreign club (EPL og Spanish) that they follow more closely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 46)