The Financial Situation (34 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Yes, the author makes a lot of good points. But he fails to address that some of the money we already spent has not been invested wisely. Moreover, we have some players who we can't sell for one reason or another, part of which has to do with the wages we already agreed upon. People can't stand Quag but we offerred him those wages, so it's our fault. He should have never been bought in the first place.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
This is a fantastic thread.
I have a question from financial gurus. How much do we get from winning Serie A? I think it's around 13-14m? Is there even a big incentive, financially, to win rather than just finish on top 3?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Yes, the author makes a lot of good points. But he fails to address that some of the money we already spent has not been invested wisely. Moreover, we have some players who we can't sell for one reason or another, part of which has to do with the wages we already agreed upon. People can't stand Quag but we offerred him those wages, so it's our fault. He should have never been bought in the first place.
That's basically the entire issue yet the author talks about every other point except this.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
That's basically the entire issue yet the author talks about every other point except this.
I would like to think otherwise.... but the amount of Islas, Pelusos, Padoins, Martínez, Ogbobbans, Borrielos keep just pilling up year after year

Lets cross fingers that this time something will change and we bought the correct unknowns

May 22, 2013
Another thing that is influenced by results are the value of our brand, how much mechandise we sell etc. etc.
It's hard to measure and even harder to guess for us, and it's hard to split it up between each year, but no doubt about the last three seasons have given us more in these parameters because we won than if we finished 3rd for three consecutive years. The price money themselves aren't massive, getting another round of CL action means a lot more in comparison, but there are so many other great benefits of winning titles ;-)

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Another thing that is influenced by results are the value of our brand, how much mechandise we sell etc. etc.
It's hard to measure and even harder to guess for us, and it's hard to split it up between each year, but no doubt about the last three seasons have given us more in these parameters because we won than if we finished 3rd for three consecutive years. The price money themselves aren't massive, getting another round of CL action means a lot more in comparison, but there are so many other great benefits of winning titles ;-)
Agreed. Though a great showing in CL will boost our brand outside of Italy a long way. Not many people around the world sit and watch Serie A games every week, but they sure follow CL games more.

Mar 3, 2014
in case anyone is interested, here is a side-by-side between Roma and Juve. Juve doesn't have LTM CF number because its latest quarter didn't include a cash flow statement. I'll do a more thorough one when both teams release full year results.

I agree with most of the post above, however, I don't agree with the notion that Roma is much leaner from an expense standpoint. If you look at the last few years, Juve injected equity once in 2012, and hasn't since. Roma has consistently diluted equity holders in order to fund their operating losses. Also, Juventus is breakeven on an cash operating basis, Roma is only breakeven if it sells players. The fact that Juve spends ~60% of revenues on wages, while Roma ~77% really highlights that Juve is a much healthier club financially.

That being said, Roma's owners are engaging in an aggressive growth strategy, and are more than willing to take modest losses to grow the club going forward. This isn't limited to:
-A stadium
-Champions League Income
-Growing the Brand
-More sponsorship agreements

Pallotta calls Roma the most undervalued asset in sports and I tend to agree. We're talking about a city which has double the population of Milan and a metro area of ~4.2 million people. It's also a top tourist city. Sure GDP in Milan is a bit higher but ultimately, if these owners play their cards right, they should be able to grow revenues nicely.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
This may be a stupid question, but are we paying 60%*283m=169.8m in salaries every year? this is a huge number. Am I missing something in here?

Mar 3, 2014
This may be a stupid question, but are we paying 60%*283m=169.8m in salaries every year? this is a huge number. Am I missing something in here?
The line item is wages and technical staff, so this would include players and management, as would the same number for Roma. But yeah, in the last 12 months, that figure is ~166 million.

For example, for the 2013 FY when the wage cost was ~20 million lower, this was the breakdown.

And given that the Italian press expresses salaries on a 'net' basis, that would mean that in our books, you'd have to gross them up because we're paying that full amount.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Sorry but that article hardly said much !

It's clear that the guy is pro-Marotta, why didn't he even mention all the shiit players on high wages that Marotta got and he himself had a very tough time to sell, to say the least.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
The line item is wages and technical staff, so this would include players and management, as would the same number for Roma. But yeah, in the last 12 months, that figure is ~166 million.

For example, for the 2013 FY when the wage cost was ~20 million lower, this was the breakdown.

And given that the Italian press expresses salaries on a 'net' basis, that would mean that in our books, you'd have to gross them up because we're paying that full amount.
Thanks mate.

Jan 5, 2007
Sorry but that article hardly said much !

It's clear that the guy is pro-Marotta, why didn't he even mention all the shiit players on high wages that Marotta got and he himself had a very tough time to sell, to say the least.
i cant deny that marotta doing some crapy deals, but some deals must be made with some clubs to keep the relation alive,such as udinese we are some time helping them financially by buying some of there player ( i guess ).

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
i cant deny that marotta doing some crapy deals, but some deals must be made with some clubs to keep the relation alive,such as udinese we are some time helping them financially by buying some of there player ( i guess ).
lol, sorry but this is so wrong. We are not a charity organization. Business are businesses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)