The Financial Situation (80 Viewers)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Picture shows how much Juve and Roma have spent so far, this summer.

Acquisti - buys
Cessioni - sales

Btw sales are incorrect, as like very news outlet GdS cannot tell the difference between selling price and net carrying value, which in the end reduces the earnings from sales.

Rough calculations:
Zaza -------- 5m
Immobile ---- 6.6m
Peluso ------ (1m)
Quag -------- 1m
Vuci --------- 2.7m
Total --------14-15m

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Why do you assume we have a budget of 35 million?

And as DelPiero84 mentioned, our gain form the sales isn't as big as it seems due to the way transfers and player rights are accounted in the books.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Why do you assume we have a budget of 35 million?

And as DelPiero84 mentioned, our gain form the sales isn't as big as it seems due to the way transfers and player rights are accounted in the books.
Id assume that since it's pretty standard for a club of our stature. And that's roughly what we've spend each season over the past 4 years.

Those numbers could includes wages? How would a newspaper be that wrong?

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Id assume that since it's pretty standard for a club of our stature. And that's roughly what we've spend each season over the past 4 years.

Those numbers could includes wages? How would a newspaper be that wrong?
As far as I have understood it, there are installments and previous book values of the sold players to worry about as well.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Great!! That's sweet music to my ears..

Page 11,
We spend €84,5m in the 11/12 season and €45,6m in the 12/13 season on transfers?
http://www.transfermarkt.com/juventus-fc/transfers/verein/506?saison_id=2013&pos=&detailpos=

2012-2013 window we had a +12,28 if we don't consider Tevez and Llorente wages (4,5+3,5 and bonus) so earnt cash but our wage rate got a + 16-18m€
So while 2013 revenue had a -15m €
Our 2014 revenue due to failing from reaching the quarter finals we had a loss compared to 2013 equal to 13m (2013 63m - 2014 50m).
So -15 + 12 - 18 - 13 = roughly our loss this year -34

Mar 3, 2014
Too difficult to determine. I'd need to have little more than Juve's yearly report, account book more likely to track all the accruals and their nature, but that is impossible, for me at least. Maybe someone else can give you better answer. :)
They have a line item for item on the balance sheet. This is from the most recent management report (March 2014).

Transfer Campaign Receivables from Other Squads

Note 3 on Transfer Campaign Receivables from Other Squads

Transfer Campaign Payables from Other Squads

Note 10 on Transfer Campaign Payables from Other Squads

Overall then, there are ~70 million due in the next year (from March), and 30 million due beyond that period. We're also due ~52 million from other clubs, and ~28 million beyond that period.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
They have a line item for item on the balance sheet. This is from the most recent management report (March 2014).

Transfer Campaign Receivables from Other Squads

Note 3 on Transfer Campaign Receivables from Other Squads

Transfer Campaign Payables from Other Squads

Note 10 on Transfer Campaign Payables from Other Squads

Overall then, there are ~70 million due in the next year (from March), and 30 million due beyond that period. We're also due ~52 million from other clubs, and ~28 million beyond that period.
SO to sum it up for the next year we'll have a -18 and year after we start with a -2?

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
:tup: @italiacalcio10

I posted that link on previous page as Mark was interested to see how much we tend to invest in mercato. What would be hard to determine here are receivables and payables specifically for the year after, solely based on Juve's report, as to calculate how much room we would have, if we assume that our limit is around 60-70m per year (they do settle current ones within a year, right?). Non current p/r are spread over 5 years, but how much of these would became current in 2015/16 seems difficult without more documents. Or maybe I'm just lazy and search in the wrong places. :p

Mar 3, 2014
:tup: @italiacalcio10

I posted that link on previous page as Mark was interested to see how much we tend to invest in mercato. What would be hard to determine here are receivables and payables specifically for the the year after, solely based on Juve's report, as to calculate how much room we would have, if we assume that our limit is around 60-70m per year (they do settle current ones within a year, right?). Non current p/r are spread over 5 years, but how much of these would became current in 2015/16 seems difficult without more documents. Or maybe I'm just lazy and search in the wrong places. :p
I scanned that report, there isn't more granularity because its just a quarterly and in Europe quarterlies usually stink from a disclosure standpoint. I checked the half year report which are usually pretty robust. While Juve don't disclose WHEN they are due, it gives a breakdown of payments by team. So if you go through how much is owed to each team, you could take all the "major" sums and cross reference with major deals to get an idea, since a lot of the terms are broken out in their press releases... It's not perfect, but as you said, without the company books it's impossible to really know.

That being said many companies do give that disclosure. Juve have decided not to for whatever reason. Some financial reports have a table of "commitments" by time period band. Usually <1 Yr, 1-3 Yr, 3-5 Yr, 5-10 Yr, etc.

Note following table is as of Dec/13 rather than March/14 like the other one I posted.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Too difficult to determine. I'd need to have little more than Juve's yearly report, account book more likely to track all the accruals and their nature, but that is impossible, for me at least. Maybe someone else can give you better answer. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Now this just occurred to me.

We overpay some players because Marotta priorizes spreading the payment. So the price we pay for having better payment conditions is a higher overall value.

For example, Pereyra. We all know Marotta has agreed to buy him regardless. It's not a buying option, but a deal.

So the payment will be done in basically 4 years: 1.5M + 4.8M + 4.8M + 4.9M (+ 1.5M bonus spread through 2020). The overall cost is 17M, but really spread throughout the years.

If we were to pay in 3 installments, the overall cost would probably smaller, something like 14M spread through 3 years, starting now, plus bonus. So basically we pay like 2M more (my assumption) in order to spread the payment in one year more, what makes a difference in the budget. Plus if Sorensen was included, thinks would look much better, with 11M spread through 3 years.

With Morata is the same. Madrid is probably not used to dealing with payment spread for more than 2 years. They have cash and when they sell relevant players, probably they ask for money upfront or mostly spread in 2 years.

We overpayed a bit so it can be spread in 3 years. If we were to pay in 2 years, possibly his cost would have been of 18M. In 1 year, possibly 15/16M.

So I guess the overpayment is kind of justified due to better payment conditions. It's how Marotta works. He probably never spends more than 6/7M annualy with an annual installment for one single player.

In the 2014-15 season, the impact on the budget will be extremely positive. In the other hand, we made a lot of commitments to next years.

2014-15

Money in:
- Immobile 8M (we got the payment upfront);
- Vucinic 6.5M (payment upfront by the arabs)
- Zaza 2.5M (7.5M x 3 installments)
- Peluso 1.6M (5M x 3)
- Quagliarella 1.2M (3.5M x 3)
- Isla 4M (8M x 2 ) - Isla is my assumption, given the interest from EPL teams who can pay more cash upfront

Total money in 2014-15: roughly 24M.

Spent:
- Morata 6.6M (20x3)
- Pereyra 1.5M (+ 4.8x3 + 1.5M bonus till 2020)
- Marrone 1.5M (4.5M x 3)
- Isla 2.2M (4.5M x 2)
- Pasquato 0.75M (1.5M x 2)
- Sturaro 1.8M (5.5M x 3 + future bonus)
- Sorensen 0.75M (1.5M x 2) - my assumption
- Coman 0
- Evra 0.75M (1.5M x 2)
- Romulo 1M (+ 7M in installments)

Total money to be spent in 2014-15: roughly 17M.

So this specific season, so far, considering only cash movement, there's a profit of 7M.

It shows how this club is tight with money.

Let's see next year how it will be done. But we already have like 50M compromised in the future for new signings of this season and the next, to be spread in annual installments.

Obs: salaries kind of compensate themselves, considering Evra replaces Vucinic, Morata Quag's, and actually we will raise Pogba's salary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 78)