The Financial Situation (91 Viewers)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Well. I have the board have the vision and ambition to support the club, and not sell our best assets. Losing guys like Vidal and Pogba would set us back a couple of years, and would definitely not be a good sign for players who might potentially be interested in joining this club.

If I am a player, and I see Juventus selling their prized assets, why the fuck would I wanna join? To win Serie A every year, get humiliated in the CL, and play Mickey Mouse football in the EL?! I think not.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I said, price money. I did not talk about television money. Learn to read

All in all, we lose about 20 mil in CL money, and 2 sold out stadiums

IF we win the final, we get some of that 20 mil back, but i have no idea how much, and we'd get 4 sold out stadiums + half of the final
Plus prize money for hosting

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Guys, Klin is right. its time to stop beeing optimistical and supportfull to juve.

Lets just stop beeing fans and do something else with out time, and read the book of Cronios. Because in the end, that is allways right
You're not optimistic. You're delusional. That's different.

You could make a case for us winning the league without another loss this season. Saying we're winning silverware in Europe this season is absolute horseshit though, and you make it sound so easy too. :lol:

Tevez10

Aug 29, 2013
Complaining about our finances is hypocrisy after earning over 60m from last years CHL, and we spent 9m on Tevez and 0 on Llorente, and we didn't spend another 20m on a winger, or at least a WB to replace Asamoah, instead we spent 15 on CB back up for Bonucci who shouldn't be starting at all. Had we spent some money on LB during mercato we would be singing different song now! We have 5 CBs, and 0 LB, I won't count PDC though!

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
By now I thought that everyone understood simple things like budgeting, costs, income, capital, but I was wrong. Someone should write couple of pointers and repost these on each page.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Money from EL by winning it by taking everything into account will still be significantly less than the money from the CL.So saying prize money in winning EL is the same as reaching quarter finals is pretty a much a moot point and doesnt strengthen one's argument.

- - - Updated - - -

All in all, we lose about 20 mil in CL money, and 2 sold out stadiums

IF we win the final, we get some of that 20 mil back, but i have no idea how much, and we'd get 4 sold out stadiums + half of the final
And you're forgetting the fact that the ticket pricing will be much lesser since we are not involved in CL.

Yeah right,people are going to pour money to watch Juventus play Sheriff FC ! So your estimation is actually nowhere near accurate.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
Well. I have the board have the vision and ambition to support the club, and not sell our best assets. Losing guys like Vidal and Pogba would set us back a couple of years, and would definitely not be a good sign for players who might potentially be interested in joining this club.

If I am a player, and I see Juventus selling their prized assets, why the $#@! would I wanna join? To win Serie A every year, get humiliated in the CL, and play Mickey Mouse football in the EL?! I think not.
hypothetically, do you think losing one of vidal or pogba but gaining someone like suarez is a set back or not?

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
hypothetically, do you think losing one of vidal or pogba but gaining someone like suarez is a set back or not?
Suarez at this point is worth more than Pogba.He'd definitely cost a lot more than Pogba right now.

Also would he really be interested in joining us ? After a really bad showing in CL ? Thats some points you have to consider before talking about this big WC players.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Complaining about our finances is hypocrisy after earning over 60m from last years CHL, and we spent 9m on Tevez and 0 on Llorente, and we didn't spend another 20m on a winger, or at least a WB to replace Asamoah, instead we spent 15 on CB back up for Bonucci who shouldn't be starting at all. Had we spent some money on LB during mercato we would be singing different song now! We have 5 CBs, and 0 LB, I won't count PDC though!
So what you're saying is we don't have much money to spend and we don't use left backs?

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
Suarez at this point is worth more than Pogba.He'd definitely cost a lot more than Pogba right now.

Also would he really be interested in joining us ? After a really bad showing in CL ? Thats some points you have to consider before talking about this big WC players.
1. *cough* falcao *cough*
2. suarez has been at mediocre liverpool like 4 years now?
3. his wage still 4.5m or something?

if we can over hype pogba/vidal enough, maybe we can get at least 50m for one of them, offload vucinic and quaq can gain us further 10+ m with what total combined wages freed around 6-8m/season? at least hypothetically we can get fund around or more than 60m with near 10m/season wage allocation for such a WC striker we desperately need.

crazy and bordering over dreaming, but right now that is the kind of revolution this team need to compete in europe, that and mental/tactical change/buff.

as I have said it several times, unless we can increase our revenue close or at least 100m without depending on CL money we have no choice but to sell our most valued assets or risk hitting the wall with more freebies and cheapskate deals.

sad truth, some people always talking that we can do that slowly, step by step and eventually become bayern like, but other teams are not stuck waiting us to catch up you know, EPL teams supposed to have additional mega billion TV deals that can maybe make club like fulham rival napoli financially (no I'm just throwing name there but you get the point), that's just EPL, what about other leagues? bundesliga gaining momentum? psg, monaco type clubs? even russian ones, also real barca.... and people expect us can slowly but surely getting up there? that is quite delusional sadly IMHO; unless serie a magically suddenly became much more marketable and gain 300% financial benefits or something like that, doubtful.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
1.*cough* 12m net wages *cough*
2.So whats your point ? He'd rather prefer a move to Madrid or Barca over Juventus.
3.No he's on 6m net a year.He'd be too expensive for us.

Offloading Pogba for a big sum is fine and all in this theory but think about the costs in terms of both wages and transfer fee to buy Suarez.It'd be something like 100m investment on one single player.That is just nowhere near our capacity right now.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
and what exactly the alternative there? finding our own messi? when exactly the last time we ever done that? even our biggest legends never came from our academy, platini, baggio, del piero, zidane, nedved, all bought from other clubs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 84)