The Financial Situation (24 Viewers)

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
We need to mount serious assaults on the CL every year, That in itself wins over many fans worldwide getting far in the CL. We missed out on CL football at a really good period for it's rise in Viewers that has sky rocketed over the last 5-6 years. Clubs like Chelsea and Arsenal are probably ahead of us worldwide in Asia and the USA because we have been televised so little in the CL while they were doing well.
I don't think even that will work for juve, sadly, for various reasons

1. epl teams benefited from CL that is correct but they are much much more benefited from the epl marketing machine than cl alone, consider arsenal who never won cl and haven't won anything in nearly a decade yet have massive fanbase worldwide, same with liverpool, soon tottenham will likely to be more recognized as an elite team compared to the likes of napoli or fiorentina eventhough the latter two have equal teams on paper

epl marketing machine is too damn big and powerful, only spanish duo and bayern can compete indirectly with epl marketing hype, even new oil powered clubs like psg and monaco are unlikely to gain worldwide fanbase anytime soon due to their 2nd class league

2. even with highest cl revenue last season, we were struggling in transfer season compared to other teams that is frankly worrying, our inability to generate revenue is something that agnelli need to prioritize.

3. again, it is worrying that we are struggling with the prospect of not being able to keep our best players that likely generate massive offerings abroad, even cl money is not going to help us.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Are people still bitching about our finances?

I wish I owned a company that was running as well as Juventus is.

Forza Agnelli. The guy is a genius of a business man. Elkaans as well. Fuck tha hatas

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Once our contracts with Nike and Jeep expire I expect at least 25mln more per season from our new deals.
Thats a good start.

Blitzing the marketing issue is not easy because we are alone in Serie A when talking about doing things right. Everyione else is still in the stone age,.. but we have set the bar so hight that other teams are just recently starting to realize how important is too have full control of your own stadium at the very least. Little by little i think things will change from now on. But in the mean time we need to see what we can do for ourselves while the other catch up in raising the image of the league. Napoli is on the right path, and his crazy owner seems to be getting things right lately.

On the other hand..... our sponsorship deals are in our own hands to handle, so we need to capitalize on this and once our current deals with nike and jeep finishes...we need to negotiate massive improvements on this department. And im pretty sure we will get them done.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
I can't imagine every respecting someone like Ronaldo enough to consider him a 'leader' of the team I'm in.

Then again I would rather play for Genoa than Real Madrid.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
I don't think even that will work for juve, sadly, for various reasons

1. epl teams benefited from CL that is correct but they are much much more benefited from the epl marketing machine than cl alone, consider arsenal who never won cl and haven't won anything in nearly a decade yet have massive fanbase worldwide, same with liverpool, soon tottenham will likely to be more recognized as an elite team compared to the likes of napoli or fiorentina eventhough the latter two have equal teams on paper

epl marketing machine is too damn big and powerful, only spanish duo and bayern can compete indirectly with epl marketing hype, even new oil powered clubs like psg and monaco are unlikely to gain worldwide fanbase anytime soon due to their 2nd class league

2. even with highest cl revenue last season, we were struggling in transfer season compared to other teams that is frankly worrying, our inability to generate revenue is something that agnelli need to prioritize.

3. again, it is worrying that we are struggling with the prospect of not being able to keep our best players that likely generate massive offerings abroad, even cl money is not going to help us.
Just check the EPL teams performances between 2006 and 2009. Atleast 3 teams have played CL quarterfinals or higher. The EPL marketing machines peaked during and after that. All that hype needed confirmation by results and the clubs delivered. We have the hype with Vidal-Pirlo-Tevez-Pogba, now we need the results and then we can be back as competitive as any other top club. Check how much stronger Juve and Serie A in general was in the 90s, because every year an Italian team played the CL final. With good CL performances (QF or above) I think it's possible that Juve will be back being a financial heavyweight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)