The Financial Situation (38 Viewers)

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
In a normal situation (competing for the Scudetto and playing CL) those numbers are probably fine. With some players leaving (Sandro and Tek) and some realistic substitutes were probably okay starting from next season
The crazy thing when you see this in comparison to other Serie A clubs is that we are so high and yet a large portion of it is "Wasted." By wasted, I mean invested in players sitting on the bench or not every-day starters for the squad.

Sandro, Pogba, Rugani. Those three alone are probably more salary than half the Serie A clubs and they SIT ON OUR BENCH.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
a pretty good summary of the available info on jj's finances. it lacks "fuck fagiot" and similar level of tuz insights so might not fit anyone's taste

In short: this club has been terribly mismanaged for the past few years & now has to suffer the consequences.
Nothing new, but I guess it can't hurt being repeated every once in a while.

As for the current management already being underway to "cure" the club, that remains to be seen imo.
Spending the little money you do have on a player like Weah doesn't exactly inspire confidence, for example.

Jul 2, 2006
a pretty good summary of the available info on jj's finances. it lacks "fuck fagiot" and similar level of tuz insights so might not fit anyone's taste

''A sale of Vlahovic for €80m, however, will only bother €45m, as the club still has €35m left on the books. So it needs to be more than one sale, just to close the gap from the missing income.''

giphy.gif

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I don't know how we going to improve our financial health but I just hope that regardless of whatever happens, Mister's wages are taken care of.

His pay should be treated as an exception in the balance sheet. We can discount the fact he's the highest paid coach in the league.

We've got bigger problems to solve like selling a 23 year old Vlahovic and 25 year old Chiesa.

During these difficult times, Mister has managed to build something special. It could take a couple of years but I hope we can eventually achieve that dream of participating in the Champions league again!

We all stand with Mister as far as expectations is concerned. Him being paid €10M net at JJ is far more important!

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Sounds like a miserable few seasons ahead. I don't see how the club will avoid selling Vlahovic and Chiesa. But if we are looking at the financial result over 3 seasons, it makes sense to sell in the final season to maximise their gain. Maybe Bremer too. But then you could argue thst CL qualification is the biggest boost to our result and we wouldn't get there without them.

We lack other sellable assets. Selling Tek, Rugani and McKennie would be good given their relatively low book value. But nobody seems to want them. Maybe if McKennie keeps up his form he is an option.

Selling Soule or Miretti on a sale/buyback might not be a bad deal. Although hard to see who will pay enough for them for it to be worthwhile and instead having players on low wages might be preferred.

Saving on Pogba's wages would also help.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I don't know how we going to improve our financial health but I just hope that regardless of whatever happens, Mister's wages are taken care of.

His pay should be treated as an exception in the balance sheet. We can discount the fact he's the highest paid coach in the league.

We've got bigger problems to solve like selling a 23 year old Vlahovic and 25 year old Chiesa.

During these difficult times, Mister has managed to build something special. It could take a couple of years but I hope we can eventually achieve that dream of participating in the Champions league again!

We all stand with Mister as far as expectations is concerned. Him being paid €10M net at JJ is far more important!
:sergio:

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Sounds like a miserable few seasons ahead. I don't see how the club will avoid selling Vlahovic and Chiesa. But if we are looking at the financial result over 3 seasons, it makes sense to sell in the final season to maximise their gain. Maybe Bremer too. But then you could argue thst CL qualification is the biggest boost to our result and we wouldn't get there without them.

We lack other sellable assets. Selling Tek, Rugani and McKennie would be good given their relatively low book value. But nobody seems to want them. Maybe if McKennie keeps up his form he is an option.

Selling Soule or Miretti on a sale/buyback might not be a bad deal. Although hard to see who will pay enough for them for it to be worthwhile and instead having players on low wages might be preferred.

Saving on Pogba's wages would also help.
Agree. No one is safe. Everyone except Mister should be on the chopping block.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
...I don't see how the club will avoid selling Vlahovic and Chiesa...
we'll sell soulé and tuz will go mental

we can also sell bremer or locatelli, they'll have international buyers

i think that chiesa will stay and vlahovic will be sacrificed. and we can also pay a fine to uefa if the ffp agreement isn't respected

btw the tweet i posted sums up pretty well why giuntoli is in an impossible situation. the good old "there is no easy way to improve this squad" couldn't be more actual, but it has a very different meaning: current players are overpaid and they stick with their contracts for a reason, but you can't spend because even if you had cash, ffp restrictions are binding. this is an extremely thin ice to walk on

Jun 16, 2020
He’s not totally wrong. We’re CL participation and Allegri’s contract away from breaking even. The 18m gross he receives is way too much.

The numbers are scary but we shouldn’t forget that we miss out on any European football plus this is the year that we paid for Locatelli and Kean if I remember correctly.

Difficult times ahead though. Hopefully we’ll get a financial injection and some new shareholder will arrive

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)