The Financial Situation (28 Viewers)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011

half-yearly financial data show that we're lacking a lot of tv and commercial revenue compared to last year, and due to the overly large squad and some new contracts, the operational costs have risen. we paid 30m more to players compared to last season, and an other 10m more to agents. 8m less in revenue, 34m more in operational costs, and you have a half-yearly loss of 50m instead of the 7m profit from last year.

:panic:
Revenues will prolly remain around the same level as last year, unless we make deeper CL run. Wage bill is worrying though and this has been pointed out countless of times, compared to other top clubs Juve has the highest salary vs revenue ratio. Almost as we lost any kind of control over expenses. I wonder how Juve's monthly internal reports look like, because they contain more useful information than what they present to public.

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018
How much money have we saved in salaries with the sales of Can, Perin, manbro, etc

- - - Updated - - -

How much do we have to pay to long term injury cases- doesn’t disability insurance pick up the tab to some extent after a certain period of time?

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
We kept a bunch of players in our payroll and they went out just now. I have to admit I was expecting a little growth in certain marketing and commercial incomes

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009

half-yearly financial data show that we're lacking a lot of tv and commercial revenue compared to last year, and due to the overly large squad and some new contracts, the operational costs have risen. we paid 30m more to players compared to last season, and an other 10m more to agents. 8m less in revenue, 34m more in operational costs, and you have a half-yearly loss of 50m instead of the 7m profit from last year.

:panic:
Let's get this straight:
- The club keeps on increasing ticket prices, up to insane levels, to get more money. Result: 4% decrease in ticket income.
- The club puts lot of focus on "building the brand" & even decides to get rid of the striped shirts in order to sell more merchandise. Result: 24% decrease in merchandise income.

I'm gonna have to quote myself.

This club just loves shooting itself in the foot :wallbang:

Mar 3, 2014
Let's get this straight:
- The club keeps on increasing ticket prices, up to insane levels, to get more money. Result: 4% decrease in ticket income.
- The club puts lot of focus on "building the brand" & even decides to get rid of the striped shirts in order to sell more merchandise. Result: 24% decrease in merchandise income.

I'm gonna have to quote myself.
A bunch of people bought Ronaldo jerseys. Not surprising the second year, there is a drop. On tickets, I’d need to read the report’s explanation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I'm sure Tootsie's counterpart in the finance department has a handle on affairs, or does he? :boh:

Let's hope we don't have to sell any impactful players (I'm sure we can survive if we sacrifice the likes of Kebab Sr. Costa, Blaised and Confused, Rugani, and even one of Rabiot/Ramsey).

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
that 50m half-yearly loss wasn't expected by the investors:

the stock crashed this morning and it got suspended.

- - - Updated - - -

this is one long thread about city's ffp issues, with some added info about other clubs, juve included:

twitter is probably the worst format for long content, but it's worth reading. just two highlights, one about serie a's shirt sponsorship, the other about the debt of some clubs.

Last edited:

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
that 50m half-yearly loss wasn't expected by the investors
I would think a loss was to be expected, just not such a big one.
The situation is pretty serious, obviously, but not impossible to solve.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: As far as the stock is concerned: The Milan Exchange took a big hit in general this morning (because of the Corona virus).

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I would think a loss was to be expected, just not such a big one.
The situation is pretty serious, obviously, but not impossible to solve.
i'm not too worried about debt. there's a tweet in that thread about the interests some clubs pay, and juve's immense debt is not that expensive to finance. it's certainly sustainable. the loss itself, well, that's an other thing. we'll see the whole picture at the end of the year, but i find alarming that both emre can and mandzukic were to be sold even during the summer, yet paratici failed to offload them, damaging the budget with ~20m. i get that pjaca and perin were injured back then, but being unable to sell two healthy, marketable, experienced players and/or failing to convince the players to leave during the mercato the club wants them to leave is simply unacceptable. while i'm fine with debt, doubling szczesny's salary, paying 6m to khedira, keeping an unnecessary huge squad and in general, inflated wages is not a sustainable policy.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
i'm not too worried about debt. there's a tweet in that thread about the interests some clubs pay, and juve's immense debt is not that expensive to finance. it's certainly sustainable. the loss itself, well, that's an other thing. we'll see the whole picture at the end of the year, but i find alarming that both emre can and mandzukic were to be sold even during the summer, yet paratici failed to offload them, damaging the budget with ~20m. i get that pjaca and perin were injured back then, but being unable to sell two healthy, marketable, experienced players and/or failing to convince the players to leave during the mercato the club wants them to leave is simply unacceptable. while i'm fine with debt, doubling szczesny's salary, paying 6m to khedira, keeping an unnecessary huge squad and in general, inflated wages is not a sustainable policy.
That is obviously true. Our current wage structure is far from sustainable (I'd say it's close to a disaster even), but at the same time your wage structure isn't that difficult to "fix" when/if necessary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)