The Financial Situation (50 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Anyone worried about our financial situation?

is this gonna catch up to us paying for players we don’t even intend having here yet? Our wages being third in the world and all, are we making enough at stadium etc?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
Anyone worried about our financial situation?

is this gonna catch up to us paying for players we don’t even intend having here yet? Our wages being third in the world and all, are we making enough at stadium etc?
I was thinking the same, i think our wage bills are increasing in a careless way , as if we are in a hangover being rich and spending money unwisely....to name few:

Extending contracts of Rugani, Khadera and even Mario.

Ramsey and Rabiot on 7m and both are contributing zero to this team

Allegri wages are still on

and easily we are going for increasing salaries like Cuadrado , i think he could be injured like last season and this will be a waste if it happens

Possibility of extending Matuidi and Higgy ( he is not young and enough this season)

All the signs are scary in the long run but still have hopes we will fix this ...

Apr 19, 2007
I was thinking the same, i think our wage bills are increasing in a careless way , as if we are in a hangover being rich and spending money unwisely....to name few:

Extending contracts of Rugani, Khadera and even Mario.

Ramsey and Rabiot on 7m and both are contributing zero to this team

Allegri wages are still on

and easily we are going for increasing salaries like Cuadrado , i think he could be injured like last season and this will be a waste if it happens

Possibility of extending Matuidi and Higgy ( he is not young and enough this season)

All the signs are scary in the long run but still have hopes we will fix this ...
Im not saying it couldnt go south but wages are only one part of the finances.
Are we overpaying for many players? YES
But paying Rabiot and ramsey 2 million more than market value costs us 4 million a year between the two of them. Would we be equally worried if Rabiot was bought for his market value of 30 mil and ramsey for say 25 but pay them 4 mil a season which is fair? The transfer fees would cost 10 mil a season for the club so we actually got good deals.

Now the issue is are they contributing? Right now they are not which is a problem. Also we are about to unload Can who we got basically for free who will go in the books as a big gain both from transfer fee and also the salary off the books. Also remember we get that new tax break from foreign players starting January so the club isnt paying them as much as you think.

I wouldnt be to worried about the salary issue as most of it is Ronaldo right now and its part of the marketing campaign as well. But we need to produce results immediately and also long term on the field and fan base. If we do that we are on the way to be a top dog thats feared

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Im not saying it couldnt go south but wages are only one part of the finances.
Are we overpaying for many players? YES
But paying Rabiot and ramsey 2 million more than market value costs us 4 million a year between the two of them. Would we be equally worried if Rabiot was bought for his market value of 30 mil and ramsey for say 25 but pay them 4 mil a season which is fair? The transfer fees would cost 10 mil a season for the club so we actually got good deals.

Now the issue is are they contributing? Right now they are not which is a problem. Also we are about to unload Can who we got basically for free who will go in the books as a big gain both from transfer fee and also the salary off the books. Also remember we get that new tax break from foreign players starting January so the club isnt paying them as much as you think.

I wouldnt be to worried about the salary issue as most of it is Ronaldo right now and its part of the marketing campaign as well. But we need to produce results immediately and also long term on the field and fan base. If we do that we are on the way to be a top dog thats feared
I think the issue is that when we do buy, it feels like we over pay (taking Bernie & Kulu as current example/comparison). Essentially we overspent on a 19 year old with one half year under his belt. I'm all for spending on youth, I'd have rather shelled out for Joao Felix, for example. We spent 94m on Higuain. Has that been justified? We are amazing at Bosmans but in return for penny pinching there, we spend high on other players. For me, Dybala came at 40m and that was a steal. For Bernie/Kulu to come at the same price or higher is crazy to me.

Salaries is another can of worms.

Apr 19, 2007
I think the issue is that when we do buy, it feels like we over pay (taking Bernie & Kulu as current example/comparison). Essentially we overspent on a 19 year old with one half year under his belt. I'm all for spending on youth, I'd have rather shelled out for Joao Felix, for example. We spent 94m on Higuain. Has that been justified? We are amazing at Bosmans but in return for penny pinching there, we spend high on other players. For me, Dybala came at 40m and that was a steal. For Bernie/Kulu to come at the same price or higher is crazy to me.

Salaries is another can of worms.
You cant look at a good deal like vidal or Dybala and say we shouldnt pay more because they are out there. They can be found but its very hard to do it and its usually with something else helping like being in Serie a or not wanting their player to go to Bayern. Higuain was overpriced but he did help get us to the CL final and we had Pogba money. He also played for our top rival so their is some value in that. Long story short I think our transfer policy isnt going to sink us. Every team takes risks and some win and some lose. The top teams that we want to be like are no different so when you want to be the best more risks come with it. When you get everything right you win a bunch. Hopefully our next few purchases turn out to be good ones and dont bankrupt us.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
You cant look at a good deal like vidal or Dybala and say we shouldnt pay more because they are out there. They can be found but its very hard to do it and its usually with something else helping like being in Serie a or not wanting their player to go to Bayern. Higuain was overpriced but he did help get us to the CL final and we had Pogba money. He also played for our top rival so their is some value in that. Long story short I think our transfer policy isnt going to sink us. Every team takes risks and some win and some lose. The top teams that we want to be like are no different so when you want to be the best more risks come with it. When you get everything right you win a bunch. Hopefully our next few purchases turn out to be good ones and dont bankrupt us.
I think shopping in Italy also has its challenges. When you know your main rival(s) Inter/Napoli are also interested in the same players you almost have to overpay and do it quickly before they come in (hence Kulu's transfer).

Its a double edged sword for us shopping in Italy. We have greater exposure to those players at home than we do in other countries but there are other big fish looking to buy as well. So you take your risks and hope they pay off. Dybala paid off. Bernie did not. Easiest comparison as both came from mid/low clubs and for the same fee. Can't help but wonder what exactly they saw in Bernie.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2007
I think shopping in Italy also has its challenges. When you know your main rival(s) Inter/Napoli are also interested in the same players you almost have to overpay and do it quickly before they come in (hence Kulu's transfer).

Its a double edged sword for us shopping in Italy. We have greater exposure to those players at home than we do in other countries but there are other big fish looking to buy as well. So you take your risks and hope they pay off. Dybala paid off. Bernie did not. Easiest comparison as both came from mid/low clubs and for the same fee. Can't help but wonder what exactly they saw in Bernie.
Yeah its easy to say now who turned out good and who bad. Our board has done an amazing job the last 10 years of growing us into a world power again. Hard to claim we have hurt ourselves with bad transfer policies

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Yeah its easy to say now who turned out good and who bad. Our board has done an amazing job the last 10 years of growing us into a world power again. Hard to claim we have hurt ourselves with bad transfer policies
Well, you can say weakening our midfield hurt us. Did we have to sell Pogba? Did we have to buy Higuain with that money? Overall we are outstanding with shrewd bowman deals. I guess my biggest concern is our salaries getting out of hand and people refusing to leave, etc.

Apr 19, 2007
Well, you can say weakening our midfield hurt us. Did we have to sell Pogba? Did we have to buy Higuain with that money? Overall we are outstanding with shrewd bowman deals. I guess my biggest concern is our salaries getting out of hand and people refusing to leave, etc.
Yes you can look at individual transfers and say they were good or bad if if you cant say our team is progressively getting worse you need to trust the board.
Salaries could get out of hand I just dont see it.Khedira,Can,Mandzukic will all be off the books in the next 1-2 years max. Ronaldo will be off the books which is huge. The tax break will help us a ton as well. Maybe im being overly optimistic but I dont think our board will put us in a bind long term.

Where I could see it going badly is having to cut back and not being able to replace Ronaldo on the field after he leaves and we drop off for a few years. We have prepared pretty well with a good base of youth for the next 6-7 years though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 47)