The Financial Situation (19 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I think Mapei is a private company meaning no external shareholders to worry about so can do what the want.

Fiat has external owners and can't just through money away for the sake of it.
Is sponsorship throwing away money for no reason? We're one of the biggest teams in football and have pretty much a joke of a shirt sponsorship. We're being undervalued by our own controlling company imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Because Elkann is a greedy tennis teacher who only cares about his basketball team. I wish he focused more on Juventus than on his bicycle races, not that I dislike golf, but we are certainly bigger than his volleyball team investment he cherishes so much.

:lol:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Is sponsorship throwing away money for no reason? We're one of the biggest teams in football and have pretty much a joke of a shirt sponsorship. We're being undervalued by our own controlling company imo.

- - - Updated - - -

:lol:
Of course not, but paying way over the odds is e.g. the Sassuolo deal. There is no way they should be by far the most expensive team to sponsor in the league, especially by such a margin.

I remember seeing a table of the sponsorship deals in Serie A and were we not in the top 2 or 3 only behind Sassuolo? If so, we probably have a decent deal.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Of course not, but paying way over the odds is e.g. the Sassuolo deal. There is no way they should be by far the most expensive team to sponsor in the league, especially by such a margin.

I remember seeing a table of the sponsorship deals in Serie A and were we not in the top 2 or 3 only behind Sassuolo? If so, we probably have a decent deal.
Seeing as we're 4 consecutive scudetto holders, and a CL contender... I'd say we should have a significantly higher shirt sponsorship than any team in Serie A. I just don't see 17 mil as a very good deal, especially considering it's coming from our parent company. 20mil or higher should be where we're at by now.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I don't like the fact that there's huge disparity between our deal and the deals other major European clubs have. But don't you think if there was much better offer in place we'd accept it instead? Exor can't offer us better deal than what was market value at that time, they need to protect interest of their shareholders first and foremost.

- - - Updated - - -

Seeing as we're 4 consecutive scudetto holders, and a CL contender... I'd say we should have a significantly higher shirt sponsorship than any team in Serie A. I just don't see 17 mil as a very good deal, especially considering it's coming from our parent company. 20mil or higher should be where we're at by now.
We werent CL finalist when the deal was made, but disgracefully exited tournament by failing to qualify from relatively easy group.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
How many more seasons on this current deal? It's way too low IMO. Hopefully we find something a little bit more lucrative. Sassuolo earning more than us is an absolute disgrace.
It runs to 2020. Absolute joke that were locked into such a pathetic shirt sponsorship deal for so long. Exor fucked us.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't like the fact that there's huge disparity between our deal and the deals other major European clubs have. But don't you think if there was much better offer in place we'd accept it instead? Exor can't offer us better deal than what was market value at that time, they need to protect interest of their shareholders first and foremost.
Obviously we probably weren't out looking for outside offers. Of course we were going to sign with an Exor Group company. And yes, Exor could have offered us more, looking at what other European teams get. They don't have to match the top EPL, La Liga, And PSG deals, but market value could clearly be seen as higher for a team, with at the time 3 straight scudetti and European aspirations, regardless of what we did the previous year.

They undervalued us, it's pretty obvious. And even worse, is they locked us into an undervalued deal for 6 fucking years. Disgusting really.

JuveOP

Aug 26, 2015
:lol: Juve's owner is Johnny it's no surprise. it's him who deliberately didnt defend his property in 2006 to kick Moggi and Giraudo out for the sake of showing it's new Juve under him. :lol: if there were no Juve fans protesting to make him appoint AA as a president in 2010, this team was supposed to go into ashes. how can people still trust the owner who were not defending the fake scandal in 2006? :rofl: he will keep underpaying us to use us as a advertising tool for his companies. that was New holland and now it is Jeep. it's too obvious, no? :rofl:

- - - Updated - - -

oh and if u guys still cant believe it, go to VS forum. they regard Johnny boy as a 'internal enemy' :D

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
It runs to 2020. Absolute joke that were locked into such a pathetic shirt sponsorship deal for so long. Exor fucked us.

- - - Updated - - -

Obviously we probably weren't out looking for outside offers. Of course we were going to sign with an Exor Group company. And yes, Exor could have offered us more, looking at what other European teams get. They don't have to match the top EPL, La Liga, And PSG deals, but market value could clearly be seen as higher for a team, with at the time 3 straight scudetti and European aspirations, regardless of what we did the previous year.

They undervalued us, it's pretty obvious. And even worse, is they locked us into an undervalued deal for 6 fucking years. Disgusting really.
First of all let me say that I'd love us to have 30m sponsorhip deal per year, at least. Ffs 10 years ago we had more lucrative deal, Tamoil paying us 25m per season. But also let's not pretend there were 30m offers that we refused and conceded into accepting vastly inferior one. Not impossible, but we'd have to be run by morons to conduct business that way. One of Exor's affiliates would always going to get preferred to external company, but I doubt we'd be neglecting much higher offer if there was one in place. Our previous deal was set at 11m per season, now it's 17m, which makes more than 50% of an increase.

Further more if you look at share that shirt sponsorship agreements have in overall commercial income of various clubs (obviously disregarding PSG or City) you won't find much of a difference between Juventus and United for instance. Our revenues from sponsorship and advertising for last season were 53m, Jeep contributed 30% to that amount, whereas United's main sponsor Chevrolet is contributing around 25% to theirs, 60/250m...

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Juve biggest Euro earners
By Football Italia staff

UEFA reveal Juventus earned €89.1m from the 2014-15 Champions League campaign, more than any other club.

The Bianconeri were beaten in the Final by Barcelona in May.

However, they picked up almost €30m more than the Blaugrana, who only got €61.27m.

This is due to the market pool, as there were only two Italian clubs in the competition and Roma went out in the group phase.

Barcelona had to share the Spanish market pool with the other sides who took part in the tournament.

Napoli reached the semi-finals of the Europa League and earned €12.5m, whereas Fiorentina – who also got into the final four – pocketed €10.5m.

Inter followed on €6.8m and Torino €6.5m.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
That articles is straight out of football manager :lol:

On the topic of sponsorship - we all know it will never happen but just imagine a Juve jersey with Ferrari as a sponsor. We'd sell a billion.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
On the topic of sponsorship - we all know it will never happen but just imagine a Juve jersey with Ferrari as a sponsor. We'd sell a billion.
Any reason for that? I mean I've got no reason to believe it's likely to happen or anything, but are there any issues with Ferrarri making it impossible?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)