The Financial Situation (122 Viewers)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
With all that money we can build a Juve restaurant around the stadium...and make all the foods in the menu cost no more than 10 Euro.

Tomate

Jul 19, 2014
Breaking the 300 million wall for the first time in the club's history. As far as i understand all without the new money from Adidas, Jeep and the new TV contract for 2015-2018, all new money for next season. Also there will be even much more money in the CL next season, thanks to two things: The new Mediaset deal that is huge & the general financial upgrade from UEFA regarding price money.

We have still a long way to go, but the financial achievements of the last 4 years are as impressive the achievements on the field. In order to catch up with the best of the best financially we have to continue this path and we have to hope that the next TV contract that will be negotiated in 2017 will be massive. For that to happen the whole italian football movement has to grow though. Especially considering that the Bundesliga and La Liga will negotiate a new deal a year earlier that needs to be surpassed by the Serie A in the months following.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
We have still a long way to go, but the financial achievements of the last 4 years are as impressive the achievements on the field. In order to catch up with the best of the best financially we have to continue this path and we have to hope that the next TV contract that will be negotiated in 2017 will be massive. For that to happen the whole italian football movement has to grow though. Especially considering that the Bundesliga and La Liga will negotiate a new deal a year earlier that needs to be surpassed by the Serie A in the months following.
This is why i back Milan getting new owners.Especially if they are Chinese,there is hope for getting a much bigger global TV deal than it is currently getting.So having better teams and a more competitive league in Serie A is absolutely necessary for Juve's long term growth if people are hoping we 'close the gap' with other top teams.Monopolizing Serie A can only take you so far.The league will suffer in the long run if it becomes anything like the Bundesliga.

Tomate

Jul 19, 2014
This is why i back Milan getting new owners.Especially if they are Chinese,there is hope for getting a much bigger global TV deal than it is currently getting.So having better teams and a more competitive league in Serie A is absolutely necessary for Juve's long term growth if people are hoping we 'close the gap' with other top teams.Monopolizing Serie A can only take you so far.The league will suffer in the long run if it becomes anything like the Bundesliga.
I agree.

There is no problem with other clubs growing and becoming stronger as long as we continue to grow simultaneously. Our position in the league is stable so that there would be more upsides than downsides if clubs like Milan, Inter or Roma reach higher levels - purely objectively speaking, emotions of dislike aside - and the league as a whole becomes more attractive.

The goal has to be to reach the SF (and more) consistently. It shouldn't be an exception to reach the SF, it should be an exception to not reach the SF. Without closing the financial gap to the PL clubs and Bayern/Real/Barca that's going to be extremely difficult though.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
I agree.

There is no problem with other clubs growing and becoming stronger as long as we continue to grow simultaneously. Our position in the league is stable so that there would be more upsides than downsides if clubs like Milan, Inter or Roma reach higher levels - purely objectively speaking, emotions of dislike aside - and the league as a whole becomes more attractive.

The goal has to be to reach the SF (and more) consistently. It shouldn't be an exception to reach the SF, it should be an exception to not reach the SF. Without closing the financial gap to the PL clubs and Bayern/Real/Barca that's going to be extremely difficult though.
The clubs must first sort out their debt. They must allow investors to help them build their own stadiums as this will not only generate more money from tickets, but also affect the tv-rights any such club can negotiate. In 5 years, when all the "world class" players are gone, the new generation of football will take over, and this is a time where Italian clubs have a chance as they've focused on youth at a much larger scale than most other leagues (hopefully). BvB is yet again the prime example of how to turn a football club 180 degrees.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
If we made €88m this season as opposed to €50m last season, we've made an extra €38m?

If our transfer budget of last season was €40m, it's safe to say we've almost doubled it this season?

In this case, we can afford to splash €38m on Dybala/Lacazette without even opening our budgeted transfer-wallet?

Mar 3, 2014
Dumb question but $#@! it...88m plus 50m exor loan?

:santa:
It depends on the cash requirements, but I doubt. It's a good liquidity source, but I'd think it would be required to meet current cash flow requirements. Cash flow and profits and two separate things, and IIRC Juve have a pretty poor current ratio (I'm can't believe I'm citing the #&#&# current ratio. My finance prof when I was in school told me it was useless). A lot of it is driven by instalment payments for players, which are current liabilities. We have less coming in from instalment payments, meaning we have to cover the cash shortfall. My guess is that was one of the reasons for the Exor loan.

Lines of credit are usually secured (meaning they have a direct claim on Juve's assets), and have strict language on use of proceeds, debt that can be subsequently incurred, etc. Often there are minimum payments where you have to pay off the principal quickly. Lines of credit for companies are usually very short term in nature, and are good for bridging gaps. If it was a "term loan" that would be slightly better. Despite term loans still being strict in terms of financial covenants, they are expected to have an average life of a few years. Fortunately, Juve's loan is Euribor + 2%. Euribor is -0.034% right now (Europe is **** right now...negative rates), so they'd be paying a little under 2%, which is VERY ATTRACTIVE.

If we wanted certainty that debt would be used freely, we'd probably want to tap the capital markets through an unsecured bond (sold to private investors instead of financial institutions). There you can get 10 year terms, with few strings attached. Exor's line of credit I'd imagine will be paid off within a year.

FYI I work in asset management in "High Yield Credit", (ie: pooling private investor money to lend money to companies that aren't the best quality, meaning you get a substantially increase in the coupon paid), so I've looked at many of these loan conditions, and I can tell you with my professional opinion that they are often very strict. The only companies that will get fairly lax conditions are those with "Investment Grade" ratings from Standard & Poor's, Moody's or Fitch. So unless you're IBM, Vodafone, or a similar company, terms are not the best from a flexibility perspective.

Funny detail: Telecom Italia was recent downgraded to high yield (synonyms "non-investment grade", "junk", "speculative grade").

- - - Updated - - -

Juventus:

[/IMG]

Rest of Serie A:

PSG (I really just wanted an excuse to use this GIF...you gave me the opportunity)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
It depends on the cash requirements, but I doubt. It's a good liquidity source, but I'd think it would be required to meet current cash flow requirements. Cash flow and profits and two separate things, and IIRC Juve have a pretty poor current ratio (I'm can't believe I'm citing the #&#&# current ratio. My finance prof when I was in school told me it was useless). A lot of it is driven by instalment payments for players, which are current liabilities. We have less coming in from instalment payments, meaning we have to cover the cash shortfall. My guess is that was one of the reasons for the Exor loan.

Lines of credit are usually secured (meaning they have a direct claim on Juve's assets), and have strict language on use of proceeds, debt that can be subsequently incurred, etc. Often there are minimum payments where you have to pay off the principal quickly. Lines of credit for companies are usually very short term in nature, and are good for bridging gaps. If it was a "term loan" that would be slightly better. Despite term loans still being strict in terms of financial covenants, they are expected to have an average life of a few years. Fortunately, Juve's loan is Euribor + 2%. Euribor is -0.034% right now (Europe is **** right now...negative rates), so they'd be paying a little under 2%, which is VERY ATTRACTIVE.

If we wanted certainty that debt would be used freely, we'd probably want to tap the capital markets through an unsecured bond (sold to private investors instead of financial institutions). There you can get 10 year terms, with few strings attached. Exor's line of credit I'd imagine will be paid off within a year.

FYI I work in asset management in "High Yield Credit", (ie: pooling private investor money to lend money to companies that aren't the best quality, meaning you get a substantially increase in the coupon paid), so I've looked at many of these loan conditions, and I can tell you with my professional opinion that they are often very strict. The only companies that will get fairly lax conditions are those with "Investment Grade" ratings from Standard & Poor's, Moody's or Fitch. So unless you're IBM, Vodafone, or a similar company, terms are not the best from a flexibility perspective.

Funny detail: Telecom Italia was recent downgraded to high yield (synonyms "non-investment grade", "junk", "speculative grade").
Good stuff. It's not something that would get us investigated under FFP is it?

Telecom Italia downgraded :lol:

Mar 3, 2014
FFP says that Net Debt can't be >100% of revenues. Net Debt is only financial debt, not general liabilities net of cash & cash equivalents. So if we're making ~$300 million in revenues and our financial liabilities (think terms like: loans, bonds, credit facilities, financial debt) etc less the cash on hand are >$300 million, we'd be in violation.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011

- - - Updated - - -

PSG (I really just wanted an excuse to use this GIF...you gave me the opportunity)

I didn't understand shit, but loved your post. Keep it coming

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 117)