The Europe Issue (2 Viewers)

OP
Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #25
    :undecide: It's just another form of legislation towards foreign workers. Every (western) nation has it to prevent foreign (cheap) labourers from flooding the market and crippling the economy...

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    As far as I recall, the only change involving the EU was the abolition of the old limit on foreign players, because under EU law an EU citizen has the exact same right to seek employment in Italy as an Italian citizen does. Hence the league could no longer uphold that limit. As regards limits on non-EU players, I don't recall the EU being involved at any time.

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #35
    True. The Bosman ruling wiped away the difference in status between member state nationals and other EU nationals but a similar change in the situation of non-EU players never took place.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Well, last time it wasnt actually the EU, AFAIR, a Nigerian player playing in Serie B or C sued the FIGC, the case went all the way to the Supremem Court and he won, and the non eu limitations were deemd as a breach of the human right to work and what not, and for a season or two there were absolutely no limitations to the number of on EU players allowed.

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
    As far as I recall, the only change involving the EU was the abolition of the old limit on foreign players, because under EU law an EU citizen has the exact same right to seek employment in Italy as an Italian citizen does. Hence the league could no longer uphold that limit. As regards limits on non-EU players, I don't recall the EU being involved at any time.

my bad. all i can remember is that in italy more than 5 years ago increased the number of "foreign" players a team can have.

i cant remember more specifically than "foreign"

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #40
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    Well, last time it wasnt actually the EU, AFAIR, a Nigerian player playing in Serie B or C sued the FIGC, the case went all the way to the Supremem Court and he won, and the non eu limitations were deemd as a breach of the human right to work and what not, and for a season or two there were absolutely no limitations to the number of on EU players allowed.
    The scenario as you put it down is virtually impossible :undecide: It is neither illegal nor against human rights to refuse foreign labour forces entry or permits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)