The Doped Lady (8 Viewers)

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
Yes, I can confidently say that Roma never used drugs!

As I said before, I believe Juve should give the trophies they won during that period to the runners up, however I retract half of that, you can keep the Scudetto's that were won in 95 and 98, because I mean in 98 it would be Inter, and I mean they cant win anything it just isnt right! And in 95 it would be Lazio so go figure!
you are posting only bullsh*t... why don´t you go to roma forum?? can´t you hold out all the problems in Roma.. Roma has no charachter, even with durgs they can not win any thing more.. the best drug juve use.. is CHARACTER AND WINNING MENTALITY...... The other drug we use is Capello..ou he is not at roma anymore..how sad for you :dazed:

Buy on AliExpress.com

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Maresca78 ] ++
you are posting only bullsh*t... why don´t you go to roma forum?? can´t you hold out all the problems in Roma..
Ad Hominem. Attack the arguement, not the poster please.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Zola slams doping cheats
Wednesday 1 December, 2004

Gianfranco Zola has given his views on the Juventus doping verdict and dubbed the players involved as “cheats.”

“It is disappointing to have competed against players who used illegal substances,” he told the ‘Gazzetta dello Sport’. “It was an incredible act of cheating and cowardice.”

Zola’s trophy cabinet is rather bare after his Parma side lost out to Juventus in the race for the Scudetto, Coppa Italia and Italian Supercup during the years incriminated by the trial.

Last week the Turin magistrates found Juve chief medic Dr Riccardo Agricola guilty of administering substances, including EPO, in a systematic manner.

“I was really hit hard by that verdict,” added Zola, “because I worked so hard for years to be at the top of my physical fitness. I and my teammates made many sacrifices to be better, so to compete against those who were just taking drugs is disappointing. It was an incredibly underhand way of playing football.”

There is some confusion over whether or not Juventus could now be stripped of the trophies they won during the 1990’s. Initial examination of the legal documents suggested they were safe because too much time had passed to re-open the files, but a new statement has come through.

“If I was the head of the anti-doping commission then I would immediately re-open the Juventus file,” stated the former leader of this division Giacomo Aiello.

“Everyone is waiting for the magistrate to reveal the reasoning behind his decision. Then and only then can a disciplinary action begin, but we could potentially look at suing Juve for indirect responsibility.”

The club itself was cleared of all wrongdoing, as director Antonio Giraudo was released without charge from the trial.

Meanwhile, Zola concluded by looking at the fine work performed by his Cagliari outfit after leaping into fourth place.

“We are doing exceptional things with this club and are deservedly in the top teams at the moment. We are giving our all and can do even better in the future, even if we have to keep our feet on the ground.”

They have the opportunity to consolidate their position when Chievo come to the Stadio Sant’Elia this coming weekend.

“I ask for the fans to all come to the Stadium and cheer on Cagliari in a difficult game,” concluded the ex-Chelsea star.

====

Zola too. :(

I had a great respect for him, but after what he said, I lost all the respect for him.

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
He could keep his mouth shut.though I don't see any bullshit coming from his mouth.anyone in his situation would think the same way.It was indeed was not fair for the rest while our players did use.this is a big shame for us.hard to accept I don't give a damn what the others think and say about us.but what is done is done.I hope we have learned our mistakes.it could be much worse.
Don't u think guys the stuff should be fired?I am shocked when i heard that Juventus will still work with agricola after his punishment.What is the reaction of our fans in Italy?

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++

I had a great respect for him, but after what he said, I lost all the respect for him.
Yeah. It hurt me reading that too. I've always liked Zola and thought of him as a great football rolemodel.

He blasted cheats. Nothing wrong with that. At least he didn't mention names or make false assumptions regarding specific players. It is dissappointing though how he seems 100% sure that some Juve players did take drugs.

oh well. :down:

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
Yes, I can confidently say that Roma never used drugs!

As I said before, I believe Juve should give the trophies they won during that period to the runners up, however I retract half of that, you can keep the Scudetto's that were won in 95 and 98, because I mean in 98 it would be Inter, and I mean they cant win anything it just isnt right! And in 95 it would be Lazio so go figure!
:down:...what an unfortunate post...may i ask, where is your sense of honesty????

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Zola slams doping cheats

Gianfranco Zola has given his views on the Juventus doping verdict and dubbed the players involved as “cheats.”

“It is disappointing to have competed against players who used illegal substances,” he told the ‘Gazzetta dello Sport’. “It was an incredible act of cheating and cowardice.”

Zola’s trophy cabinet is rather bare after his Parma side lost out to Juventus in the race for the Scudetto, Coppa Italia and Italian Supercup during the years incriminated by the trial.

Last week the Turin magistrates found Juve chief medic Dr Riccardo Agricola guilty of administering substances, including EPO, in a systematic manner.

“I was really hit hard by that verdict,” added Zola, “because I worked so hard for years to be at the top of my physical fitness. I and my teammates made many sacrifices to be better, so to compete against those who were just taking drugs is disappointing. It was an incredibly underhand way of playing football.”

There is some confusion over whether or not Juventus could now be stripped of the trophies they won during the 1990’s. Initial examination of the legal documents suggested they were safe because too much time had passed to re-open the files, but a new statement has come through.

“If I was the head of the anti-doping commission then I would immediately re-open the Juventus file,” stated the former leader of this division Giacomo Aiello.

“Everyone is waiting for the magistrate to reveal the reasoning behind his decision. Then and only then can a disciplinary action begin, but we could potentially look at suing Juve for indirect responsibility.”

The club itself was cleared of all wrongdoing, as director Antonio Giraudo was released without charge from the trial.

Meanwhile, Zola concluded by looking at the fine work performed by his Cagliari outfit after leaping into fourth place.

“We are doing exceptional things with this club and are deservedly in the top teams at the moment. We are giving our all and can do even better in the future, even if we have to keep our feet on the ground.”

They have the opportunity to consolidate their position when Chievo come to the Stadio Sant’Elia this coming weekend.

“I ask for the fans to all come to the Stadium and cheer on Cagliari in a difficult game,” concluded the ex-Chelsea star.
:blah::blah::blah:
what a looser...

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
Zeman is attacking, Zola too, and finally Mexes who lately called Capello a liar because he joined juve, i feel that they are trying to disturb juve's strong base this season so that juve lose its good form..

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by NEDVED ] ++
Zeman is attacking, Zola too, and finally Mexes who lately called Capello a liar because he joined juve, i feel that they are trying to disturb juve's strong base this season so that juve lose its good form..
They are just looking for nothing. Bored perhaps?

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
They just can not accept that juve is the best.. they try everything to hurt juve.. I think we (the fans) should stay strong and keep supporting juve.. I don´t think that using these substance gave us any advantige.. we have allway had injuires.. and we should have won the cl-final1997 and 1998 too.. I want to say, that Del piero for example he was injuired before the final of 1997, and because of that he could not start that game.. he came on only as subsitute....

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

Yeah. It hurt me reading that too. I've always liked Zola and thought of him as a great football rolemodel.

He blasted cheats. Nothing wrong with that. At least he didn't mention names or make false assumptions regarding specific players. It is dissappointing though how he seems 100% sure that some Juve players did take drugs.

oh well. :down:

yeah, but him as one of the most respected football players in italy and probably in europe too, shouldn't have blamed juve in that way, which it seems very unprofessional.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Zola slams doping cheats

There is some confusion over whether or not Juventus could now be stripped of the trophies they won during the 1990’s. Initial examination of the legal documents suggested they were safe because [B]too much time had passed to re-open the files[/B] , but a new statement has come through.

====

That's right too much time passed, they could have opened this case long time ago, we are almost in 2005 for god sake.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++

That's right too much time passed, they could have opened this case long time ago, we are almost in 2005 for god sake.
Never dig.

You dig...

all you get is dirt.

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
Allow me to explain a very fundamental notion of law that we learn in first year law school. Some of you here are making very STRONG statements which are quite simply: BULLSH*T. Speaking as if THAT IS THE LAW end of story.

Regardless of nation, jurisdiction, system of law (Common Law, Civil Law or Muslim Law) one cannot PROSECUTE a legal person...a legal person or legal entity meaning a corporation/company. Basically charges cannot be brought against a legal entity because SIMPLY no one can 'do the time'. Which is why (think ENRON, WORLDCOMM, ADELPHIA, etc.) it is the representatives of the entity carrying out their functions who are charged: CEO'S....INVESTORS...LAWYERS....ACCOUNTANTS.
So saying JUVE WAS NOT CHARGED so Juve is innocent is SIMPLY WRONG. Because Juve CANNOT BE CHARGED. GOT IT?
Secondly, say a company is decides to put out a PROSPECTUS to sell its shares publicly (stocks). In this prospectus they will come clean with the figures, what they own, etc. Lawyers and Accountants will help put these together with CEO'S.
If the SCC (in the U.S.) or whatever entity finds that the information in the prospectus was mis-leading its simple: the individuals implicated are: THE LAWYERS, THE ACCOUNTANTS AND THE CEO'S. The head of Human Resources will not be implicated...the head of marketing will not be implicated. Not in this case.
THUS, when we are dealing with DRUGS and DOSES...we implicate THE ACTING HEAD (GIRUARDO) and the other LOGICAL PERSON INVOLVED: the doctor. Giraurdo being acquitted does NOT MEAN JUVE IS ACQUITTED.
WHY? SIMPLE because then you are trying to tell me that
THE DOCTOR carried out this system and implemented it for HIS OWN reasons with NO ONE ELSE KNOWING..WITH NO ONE ELSE involved and WITH NO ORDERS from above. Basically (as I stated before) he said:
screw the team...screw the owners...screw the law...I am going to start administering drugs to players because I FEEL LIKE IT. And for MY OWN benefit.

Does this make any sense? Because this is the B.S. people are being fed.

WATCH THAT ICE ZEBRA...

ITS DAMN THIN.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
i understand your point nick,but then it could be just one person in Juve-a member of the board,a coach,lippi whoever- who passed on these orders.so while giraudo has been acquitted you can be sure that other members of the board or staff are going to be prosecuted because,as you say,nobody is going to take this bullshit lying down.

also,i think it could be possible that agricola used the drugs in his own interest to,say,meet seasonal objectives of toughening up certain players or for a bonus he might be due if the team won the CL/Scudetto(which they did).not exactly the most valid argument,but something not to be excluded from the equation without further investigation imo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)