The Doped Lady (2 Viewers)

xziz

Aug 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by isha00 ] ++
THE SENTENCE:

I'd say it went well.

Giraudo is innocent and Agricola was condamned to 1 year and 10 months.
This means that juve is innocent on the doping front!

some links

http://www.ansa.it/main/notizie/fdg/200411261350176345/200411261350176345.html

http://www.tgcom.it/sport/articoli/articolo231296.shtml
I'd say it went bad. At least until Agricola's name will be cleared in the appeal process. Condemning Agricola has meant allowing media to associate Juventus name with doping practices. Which is not the case, and will be proven in the appeal.

Buy on AliExpress.com

xziz

Aug 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
so agricola is going to jail or what?
Agricola is not going to jail because his record had been clean.

Also his name will be cleared in the appeal process.

xziz

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by xziz ] ++
"This is what I expected," Guariniello said after the verdict. "It is only the first step."
this man :)confused:) is incredible. He said that he's happy about the outcome and that this is what he expected. He also said (I read it somewhere) that, yeah, maybe the absolution of Giraudo is not wrong...
I'm begging to have doubts that this is the same man that asked 2 years and 1 month for Giraudo not more than a couple of weeks ago. This means that he asked to send to prison a man he thought could have been innocent?

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by xziz ] ++

I'd say it went bad. At least until Agricola's name will be leared in the appeal process. Condemning Agricola has meant allowing media to associate Juventus name with doping practices. Which is not the case, and will be proven in the appeal.
Yeah, that's true, but I expected smg worse, with guariniello&co.
I'd consider positive the fact that at least giraudo is cleared and like u said, Agricola will be cleared in appeal.

As for the media, they would have pointed us as dopati anyway, even if both of the 2 had been cleared.
The disinformation on this case is really incredible (have u seen the videos on raisport? :dazed: http://www.raisport.rai.it/raiSportSezioneIndex/0,5785,_78_54_8760,00.html ), the clearation (?) of both of them wouldn't have made the difference. It won't make the difference even when it'll come in appeal :groan:

We'll still be the team that made history (la squadra che ha fatto EPOca :fero:)

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Juve react to doping verdict
Friday 26 November, 2004

Juventus are not entirely unhappy with the result of the doping trial that found the club medical staff guilty of using banned drugs such as EPO.

“I was used as a guinea pig in what was essentially an experiment in law and a test case,” stated Doctor Riccardo Agricola, who was given a suspended 22-month prison sentence.

“Nonetheless, I am relaxed because I know that I am innocent. The players know that nothing serious happened and everything that goes on at Juventus is perfectly legal.”

Agricola was found guilty of sporting fraud and the prescription of drugs that could be harmful to their health, but the club – in the form of director Antonio Giraudo – was cleared of all wrongdoing.

“I was cleared and therefore Juventus was declared innocent,” said Giraudo. “This is a very important point, as the club has never gone against the rules of this sport.”

The general view is that the six-year trial was “an away draw,” as Juve’s lawyer Luigi Chiappero put it. Giraudo’s sentence is a key one, as the club cannot be held responsible for the actions of the medical staff, while there will be an appeal that could well overturn Agricola’s punishment due to the lack of solid proof.

“We are satisfied with the innocence of Giraudo,” added Bianconeri representative Paolo Trofino. “The one raw point is Agricola’s penalty, even if it’s unlikely the Court of Appeal will uphold it. We will prove that Agricola did not commit any crime and the only thing he was charged with was the prescription of EPO – for which there was very little evidence.”

The FIGC and CONI sporting bodies are biding their time and released statements explaining they would wait until the Turin Court explains the reasoning behind its decision before taking any action.

Nov 13, 2004
I'm afraid FIGC will send us to Serie-B or something like that. Or maybe they'll take 3 scudetti from us.
if juventus is really guilty, this should be the right end to the story...

the most awful thing of ererything is that there are players like del piero, that are still playing soccer... if they are guilty they should stay at home...

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Saphire_diablo ] ++
I'm afraid FIGC will send us to Serie-B or something like that. Or maybe they'll take 3 scudetti from us.
Not likely anymore..
"but the club – in the form of director Antonio Giraudo – was cleared of all wrongdoing."

Sep 14, 2003
Also, when will other clubs be investigated? Don't be so naive to think only Juve used any performance enhancers. Of course will all know that won't happen.....

Nov 13, 2004
that is different...
because is a mistake of a single player... not of all the team...

however... from the newspaper of today: "the judges of Turin, now, want to open a trial against juventus players of that period because they testified in the trial saying they didn't assume anything... false testimoniance... "

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by zemanlandia.com ] ++

are you crazy???

the club no guilty???

the doctor is parto of the team or not???

don't be blind... juventus has made a lot of tricks and mistakes... this is not a good thing...

please don't talk shit. if someone is guilty in this case (although there aren't any strong facts), then it's the club doctor. The club would be declared guilty if Giraudo would be declared guilty.

And if Juve 'made a lot of tricks and mistakes', then where are the facts? Where?
There are no facts, just some jealous people trying to harm Italy's best club of all time. And fortunately, they haven't suceeded that, and never will. ;)

@Saphire_Diablo : They can't send Juve to Serie B because there are no facts that could take us away scudettos or something else.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
that is different...
really? then it's the same in this case. it's the mistake of the club doctor, not all the team. ;)

Sep 14, 2003
that is different...
Surely the club should make these checks? They're the ones who benefitted from it afterall.

Feb 29, 2004
++ [ originally posted by isha00 ] ++

Yeah, that's true, but I expected smg worse, with guariniello&co.
I'd consider positive the fact that at least giraudo is cleared and like u said, Agricola will be cleared in appeal.

As for the media, they would have pointed us as dopati anyway, even if both of the 2 had been cleared.
The disinformation on this case is really incredible (have u seen the videos on raisport? :dazed: http://www.raisport.rai.it/raiSportSezioneIndex/0,5785,_78_54_8760,00.html ), the clearation (?) of both of them wouldn't have made the difference. It won't make the difference even when it'll come in appeal :groan:

We'll still be the team that made history (la squadra che ha fatto EPOca :fero:)
Taken from RaiSport

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
thank u all for providing us this info i cant wait for a similary trial on the other big serie A teams,
just for the "fair play" not only one team sould be checked.
and oops,
dont forget that those players also performated in their national teams so many people sould loose points ant titles if juve does

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
all you just want juventus at first position...

you don't care if you win clear or not... you don't care if all the players doped themselves.... you don't care...

you just care to be first...
No, what we want and care about is justice.
For that we'll have to wait the appeal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)