The Derby (Juventus VS Torino) (1 Viewer)

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
Imo Lippi should play our best squad from the beginning as most if not all of the guys have had some good resting time lately, and it is important that we get into a good groove going into the Barcelona match.

PS: What formation to you guys think Lippi will go with? The 4-3-1-2 or the 4-2-3-1?
if he plays del piero he must play 4-3-1-2

Buy on AliExpress.com

my_hitzJUVE

Dec 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
Torino are rock bottom and we are on top.

it will still be a tough game, but juve should win without any probs.

Torino's attack sucks!!
Absolutely right Majed...torino is weak if we play with confident ....fight with spirit without a pressure...:thumb:

OP
KeNgO

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #43
    Torino will be fighting during the game!!! as every point they get will help them avoid relegation!!!!

we have to worry about the points too coz every point gets us closer to our second league title!!!

but at the same time we will have to worry about barca in the CL!

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
    Imo Lippi should play our best squad from the beginning as most if not all of the guys have had some good resting time lately, and it is important that we get into a good groove going into the Barcelona match.

PS: What formation to you guys think Lippi will go with? The 4-3-1-2 or the 4-2-3-1?
    exactly what i said before:lazy:

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    On Saturday first placed Juve play neighbours and last placed Torino in an unbalanced derby match. However, as we all know in derbies the form book is thrown away from the window and the team that plays with more determenation and wit gets to win the match. Here is the list of Serie A matches between Juve and Torino since Torino were promoted back to Serie A in the 1999-2000 season (most recent first):

• 11/17/2002 Torino-Juventus 0-4 (Del Piero, Di Vaio, Nedved, Salas)

02/24/2002 Torino-Juventus 2-2 (Ferrante, Cauet - Trezeguet, Maresca)

10/14/2001 Juventus-Torino 3-3 (Del Piero, Tudor, Del Piero - Lucarelli, Ferrante P.K., Maspero)

03/19/2000 Juventus-Torino 3-2 (Barambilla O.G., Lentini O.G., Del Piero PK - Ferrante P.K., Ferrante P.K.)

11/07/1999 Torino-Juventus 0-0

Juventus Won: 2
    Draws: 3
    Torino Won: 0

OP
    KeNgO

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #47
    04/02/2003. Juventus playmaker Pavel Nedved is a doubt for Saturday's derby with Torino.

The former Lazio man injured his left ankle for the Czech Republic against Holland, and may not play against Austria tonight.

It would be a big blow if he were to miss out, as he has had another outstanding season.
    SA Italy

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    I don't care, so long as he is ready for barca. Play oliveira against torino, see what he can do.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
    Let's rest Nedved anycase!!! He need it! He's too important and he has to be at 100% vs Barca!

Torino sucks! He beated all the negatives records this season... and I think this will be the last derby in the next years... cause it will be difficolt 4 them to come back in serie A soon, ther's a hight competition also in serie B...

IMO this match will be an other goleada :D:D:D

maxmc

Jul 27, 2002
    nedved played a gr8 match yesterday against austria, scoring the first goal of four...
    nevertheless austria broke a record: kovacevic got a red-card 135 secs after he came in for herzog... amazing rec, eh?
    del piero played 90 mins in a friendly and di vaio also played one half, but i think he won't start against turin...
    WE MUST WIN THE GAME AGAINST TORINO...
    this game is just a little step for juve, but a big step towards scudetto number 27....

forza juve....

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    That red seemed pretty harsh to me. Is that the rule? Penalty and red or no penalty? Otherwise I would give the pen but hold back on the red.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    your not talking about the same X-juve Kovacevic! :confused:

as i know he's from Yugoslavia (serbia-Montenegro) right?

maxmc

Jul 27, 2002
    jep, i was talking about bozo kovacevic...
    i also found that the desicion was a bit harsh... but there was no need to stop the player of CH, mandl (austrian gk <-- very good) would have collected the ball anyway...
    austria are really a very weak team... austria just have good gks (mandl, manninger, macho...)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    Back to the match .. I think Pessotto should play this one as he will be highly motived .. you see he was an ex-Toro player :D Besides, with Pesso playing we can rest Zambro for Barca .. We shouldn't under-estimate Toro .. Ferrante said in an interview that even if his side were relegated to Serie B they will atleast try to win against Juve and hamper their progress to a 27th title as a gift for their fans !!

maxmc

Jul 27, 2002
    too bad that maresca can't play for us this match.. he could put on all the torino fans & players by imitating a "toro"... wasn't this cool last year!?! (...even if the outcome wasn't that cool)..

OP
    KeNgO

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #60
    stunning goal indeed!!!!

although the manner of the celebration was a bit insulting to the opponents it sure did ease my blood pressure!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)