The death of the premiership... (2 Viewers)

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Intro said:
Italy and Spain are being dominated by Capello and Mourinho - two identical coaches. There is an article I will try to find which matches their similarities. Both have to in the end be admired as the sheer consistency of these sides are strangling the opposition. I like the word 'strangling' as this is the effect it is having on their competitors.

Despite Mourinho's attempts against Barcelona this last month if you add a Mourinho or Capello to a competitor in La Liga Barcelona would not be winning the Championship there. What we are seeing in La Liga now is what we witnessed with Ancelotti's Milan of 2003/04 where they were admired for their football but simply there was no challenger. Yet Barcelona will succeed in this way two years running while Capello's Juventus and Mourinho's Chelsea will also achieve this feat yet are deemed ugly.

Which scenario is really more ugly? Beauty has many forms.
I agree with these points.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
snoop said:
I agree with these points.
You will get used to Intro, he praises Juve so much and makes them look like the best team just to show you that Milan were able to overcome them. He's a typical Milan fan.

No offence mate ;)

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Jeeks said:
We were talking about the 10 points that you called SUCESS and I called it opportunistic gain because our competitors are not being consistant.
we are not consistant also, but at the top with 10 points, that I call success. We are not in good old form we had at the start of the season, but we are winning. It's not only Capello's job to keep the players on form, but he is winning. where goes the credits here?

About crediting Capello, I would like you to show me ONE game where we were not playing well and Capello did something to win it. Just ONE game.
Bremen, first leg was bad. second leg was better, the mentality definitly changed. also the second half in Bremen match in Torino. The way we started. first thing comes to mind now.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Jeeks said:
You will get used to Intro, he praises Juve so much and makes them look like the best team just to show you that Milan were able to overcome them. He's a typical Milan fan.

No offence mate ;)
I don't care who is he or what he support or believes. But the points he mentioned I agree with them. why are you changing this into personal/personality issues Jeeks. I think he is having a nice discussion here.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
snoop said:
we are not consistant also, but at the top with 10 points, that I call success. We are not in good old form we had at the start of the season, but we are winning. It's not only Capello's job to keep the players on form, but he is winning. where goes the credits here?
The players, he simply does not make substitutions before the 85th minute. It is the players who are bringing the points and he is screaming like a bitch on the sideline. He hasn't ever made a single tactical change when things are not going in his favour.

snoop said:
Bremen, first leg was bad. second leg was better, the mentality definitly changed. also the second half in Bremen match in Torino. The way we started. first thing comes to mind now.
Bremen first leg was bad, second leg was horrible especially how we started. He started like he started against Liverpool second leg. He started in a defencive mentality and aiming for a 1-0 draw. Until he got a slap on his face and realized that he started with the wrong players, things started to change. Did they change so much better? NO, it was a gift from Wiese that got him the win. No credit at all goes to Capello in reaching the last eight.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
snoop said:
I don't care who is he or what he support or believes. But the points he mentioned I agree with them. why are you changing this into personal/personality issues Jeeks. I think he is having a nice discussion here.
I am sure he is, I have discussed a lot with him on other forums and on MSN. I just pointed out his style :p

Intro

Apr 6, 2005
Jeeks said:

No offence mate ;)
In only the same way that you are a 'typical' Juve fan who thinks by being negative about their team will induce success and make it more happier when it arrives so adopts this behaviour as almost superstition:p . You once accused me of being a typical 'Milanista' when I behaved in such fashion but were proved wrong as always within hours if I remember as my fears were proved correct:agree: . Or maybe I do praise Juve - like when I told you a year ago after that gruelling PSV semi-final Milan would trash Juve:oops: and we couldn't have better timing for that one with this weekends fixtures.

But really I am impartial and if you lived here in England and saw close-up what Mourinho is doing and how Milan are being outmuscled by Capello and had a brother who has a wet-dream every time Barca plays with no opposition - I think you too would realise the beauty of Capello.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Fliakis said:
competitiveness off the league isnt decided by the top of the table. england for example, top 3 is clear, yet who will the 4th team by the end of the season? so yeah, it is competitive
which says that Serie A is also competitive. from second to fifth places is not decided yet, hell even the champion is not decided yet, which could reduce to 7 points this weekend.

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
Jeeks said:
The players, he simply does not make substitutions before the 85th minute. It is the players who are bringing the points and he is screaming like a bitch on the sideline. He hasn't ever made a single tactical change when things are not going in his favour.
Dont bother Jack, I tried to explain to Snoop the "indivisual effort theory" but to no avail.;)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Intro said:
In only the same way that you are a 'typical' Juve fan who thinks by being negative about their team will induce success and make it more happier when it arrives so adopts this behaviour as almost superstition:p . You once accused me of being a typical 'Milanista' when I behaved in such fashion but were proved wrong as always within hours if I remember as my fears were proved correct:agree: . Or maybe I do praise Juve - like when I told you a year ago after that gruelling PSV semi-final Milan would trash Juve:oops: and we couldn't have better timing for that one with this weekends fixtures.

But really I am impartial and if you lived here in England and saw close-up what Mourinho is doing and how Milan are being outmuscled by Capello and had a brother who has a wet-dream every time Barca plays with no opposition - I think you too would realise the beauty of Capello.
Milan are not being outmuscled by Capello, Capello is not the one coaching any opponent Milan are having in the league. It is Milan's fault or I would call it ANcelotti's inability that Milan are being inconsistant. Capello met Milan on time this season and we both know what a beating Capello had. So no, it is not Capello's geniousity that Juventus are leading with ten points, it is the opponent's idiocity that brought the so called 'success'.

Intro

Apr 6, 2005
Jeeks - I know we haven't chat in a long-time but aren't you contradicting yourself here somewhat?

You complain about Capello's effort and tactical decisions yet I've told you before that such managers who do this are simply 'gambling' Even genious ones at such techniques get it wrong; i.e. Capello vs. Liverpool, Benitez starting with Kewell in CL final, Mourinho forever bringing on Robert Huth upfront.

That is what these managers do - they gamble as they think they have the answer and the whole result depends on their actions. Others are what I call 'modern managers' who believe in a more simplictic view of the game. Ancelotti can be classed in this manner and yet you vehemently disagree with me here.

What is that you want? More importantly who is it you want Capello to be replaced with?

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Tom said:
what a lovely unbiased article we have there.

Unfortunately the premiership is still the richest league in the world, the most watched, the most entertaining and the most fast paced league in the world. Death my arse!

Yet the lack of minimal technique in the leage, and hence English players, is why the NT is where it is and wy it cant compete with the best of them.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
My theory: the quality of the league is not determined by how goot the best teams are, but rather how good the worst teams are. Meaning, who would win if EPL's last team played Serie A's last team.

loyada

Feb 6, 2005
Jeeks said:
Milan are not being outmuscled by Capello, Capello is not the one coaching any opponent Milan are having in the league. It is Milan's fault or I would call it ANcelotti's inability that Milan are being inconsistant. Capello met Milan on time this season and we both know what a beating Capello had. So no, it is not Capello's geniousity that Juventus are leading with ten points, it is the opponent's idiocity that brought the so called 'success'.
with that logic , all scudetti have been won because opponent's idiocity :agree: :agree: :agree:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Intro said:
Jeeks - I know we haven't chat in a long-time but aren't you contradicting yourself here somewhat?

You complain about Capello's effort and tactical decisions yet I've told you before that such managers who do this are simply 'gambling' Even genious ones at such techniques get it wrong; i.e. Capello vs. Liverpool, Benitez starting with Kewell in CL final, Mourinho forever bringing on Robert Huth upfront.

That is what these managers do - they gamble as they think they have the answer and the whole result depends on their actions. Others are what I call 'modern managers' who believe in a more simplictic view of the game. Ancelotti can be classed in this manner and yet you vehemently disagree with me here.

What is that you want? More importantly who is it you want Capello to be replaced with?
I have some questions for you,

Where am I contradicting myself?
Was the gamble agaisnt Liverpool to wait for a 1-0 goal? If that was it, where did it take him?
Then why do it once again and hope that Wiese will give him the match on a silver plate, with exotci fuits around?

To answer your questions,
What I want is a better approach for the games, a lineup that is based on on-form players not on personal preference and some change when needed.
Who do I want Capello replaced with? Right now, I'd take Del Neri but let Capello leave Torino as fast as possible.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Jeeks said:
I don't agree on that jeeks, the players can't do anything by themselves. bring the best players in the world, and wothout a coach they can't do anything alone.

Bremen first leg was bad, second leg was horrible especially how we started. He started like he started against Liverpool second leg. He started in a defencive mentality and aiming for a 1-0 draw. Until he got a slap on his face and realized that he started with the wrong players, things started to change. Did they change so much better? NO, it was a gift from Wiese that got him the win. No credit at all goes to Capello in reaching the last eight.
the way we saved the victory the last minutes that way was ugly, but the mentality we had was good in that game, we closed their offence, except that one mistake, but we also tried a lot of time to score, and dominated the game. Don't forget that Zlatan's offsides ruined the game a lot of times.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
loyada said:
with that logic , all scudetti have been won because opponent's idiocity :agree: :agree: :agree:
No not really, the ten point difference at the middle of the calendar shows that the opponents are not up to par.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
snoop said:
I don't agree on that jeeks, the players can't do anything by themselves. bring the best players in the world, and wothout a coach they can't do anything alone.
Also the best players in the world with a coach that gives them wrong instructions and wrong game plan can't do anything. This is our case with Capello.

snoop said:
the way we saved the victory the last minutes that way was ugly, but the mentality we had was good in that game, we closed their offence, except that one mistake, but we also tried a lot of time to score, and dominated the game. Don't forget that Zlatan's offsides ruined the game a lot of times.
Zlatan's offsides was also because of Capello's game plan or the lack of it. Zlatan on the pitch was another mistaske. As for the mentality, it was wrong, the team changed after they conceded a goal, before that, they didn't want to play.

Intro

Apr 6, 2005
OK - you answered my questions by making both Capello and Ancelotti look wrong :D

But I agree with you in someways - but it is a simple trade-off I believe (except Barca fans who believe Rijkaard is the answer). The same post-mortem is being had in this country on Mourinho which is stupid considering he is already a UEFA and CL winner.

You can't have your cake and eat it so to speak. You seem to have a misunderstanding on the quality of the Juve squad. Simply it is no better than Milan - in my opinion it is worse. Capello however can galvanise this squad into a team which plays with intensity which must be admired. They are winning the league not losing it - despite a helping hand from Milan. But then with CL we flip - as Ancelotti treating his players like Kings has to contend with only that (the players will say its their priority each season but only becomes it after the first 15 games or so of Serie A). Now Milan have the CL where they are focussed and to their credit an enormous self-belief. But it only needs one bad performance (or 6 minutes as witnessed in Istanbul) to be defeated in this quest. Really Milan or no team that aims solely for the CL can be considered smart considering the plateau of quality at the top of the European game.

So Juventus and Chelsea do the reverse - their style grabs them the league and leaves them in a healthy position once the CL gets to the 'business end'. However, styles and attitudes cannot be changesd this late on and perhaps the toll is taken of a long season. In many ways Juventus and Chelsea have no less of an advantage than others at this stage.

But you will get the situation you want as next year once Ancelotti is gone at Milan it won't need a change of playing personnel but just a fresh coach to inject the work ethos and I predict Milan too will start at least with the same intensity - then Juventus with (or without) Capello will feel pressure for the first time for the Scudetto and if they fail how will you feel then?

What is it you want the Scudetto and CL? If so name me the last team to achieve league and European success not from a 'Mickey Mouse' league?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)