The death of the premiership... (4 Viewers)

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Notice how plain women always hang around with absolute boilers? Makes them comparatively beautiful, see. Similarly, the presence of Sunderland in this season's Premiership has made the rest of the league look relatively good. But closer inspection reveals bags under the eyes and pungent BO. We are on course for the first Premiership season in history in which the average number of goals per game will be under two. So is it really surprising that Pool and Chelski have emulated ManYoo by being dumped out of Europe because of their inability to score?

Lord Fergie abandoned his club's attacking tradition to fiddle with his formation like a fumbling teenager, while Pool and Chelski ignored proven goalscorers Michael Owen and Hernan Crespo in order to take on the cream of the continent with jumped-up bouncers such as Peter Crouch and Didier Drogba - rich men's versions of Kevin Davies and James Beattie, to name but two other oafs indulged by English clubs.

I think Portuguese midfielder Tiago rang compatriot Comical Jose last night to offer a further example. "You flogged me, a creative player, to Lyon for a 1.5m pound loss and then splurged 24.4m pounds to relieve them of Michael Essien," he must have lectured. "And while that glorified mule missed your Barcelona shambles because of suspension, I delivered a man-of-the-match performance and two silky goals in my new team's 4-0 destruction of PSV." Laudable Lyon combine class with adventure, while the top English clubs blend brawn with yawns.

The situation is, like Chxta most Friday nights, scandalous and staggering. Shouldn't Pool fans be singing "You'll never work again" to a manager who invited Champion's League elimination by dropping his best player in the first leg and trying to scab a 0-0?

Is it really acceptable for a team with infinite wealth to try to blag a goal in the Nou Camp by sending on a second-rate centre-back as striker?

And, most staggering of all, is the man who's masterminding Lyon's swashbuckling progress the same Ged Houllier who was run out of Anfield two years ago for being narrow-minded and boring? Or is Rafael Benitez that Ged Houllier in disguise?

Buy on AliExpress.com

loyada

Feb 6, 2005
funny thing is that Rafael Benitez was hailed as the best tactician (delivered the CL for pool after more than 20 years).
people were saying that he outfoxed mourinho,capello and ancelotti and al.
and now he is responsible for liverpool 's sterile attack.
a lot of circumtances make that a team progress to the next round or not.

Sep 28, 2002
fuck me, but liverpool were plain unlucky not to go through. they created more chance in first 30 mins that juve did throught the whole match. and who would believe, crouch is a better player than zlatan.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
what a lovely unbiased article we have there.

Unfortunately the premiership is still the richest league in the world, the most watched, the most entertaining and the most fast paced league in the world. Death my arse!

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
premeirship is entertaining, but it is not as good as serie A, and you could argue spanish football is more entertaining

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Agreed, you only have to look at how atrociously we perform in europe and wonder, how the hell are we 10 points clear in the "hardest league in the world" - laughable!

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Tom said:
Agreed, you only have to look at how atrociously we perform in europe and wonder, how the hell are we 10 points clear in the "hardest league in the world" - laughable!
Again, when one mentions the horrible shape we are in, people raise the flag of the 10 points. Lately they have been raising the flag of reaching the final eight in Europe :rolleyes:

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
Jeeks said:
I think the Serie A is in a big decline actually.
i agree somewhat, but if you look at the last 8 of the champiosn league.........................3 from italy, 2 spain, 1 england, 1 france, 1 portugal

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Inter are not officially through, but they are getting there however this proves nothing. It only proves that Italian teams are doing good in Europe.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Tom said:
It's not like Premiership teams are performing any better than Italians, Pool out, manchester out, chelsea out, and not to forget to mention Everton is out too. :p

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Jeeks said:
Again, when one mentions the horrible shape we are in, people raise the flag of the 10 points. Lately they have been raising the flag of reaching the final eight in Europe :rolleyes:
that 10 points lead I call it Success!

no matter what you say, serie A teams are very competitive, see how Milan is dominating the CL, and how they strugle against so called "small" serie A teams.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
snoop said:

no matter what you say, serie A teams are very competitive, see how Milan is dominating the CL, and how they strugle against so called "small" serie A teams.
Actually it is not success. Milan and Inter have been losing points here and there. This only shows how inconsistent they were throughout the season. The 10 point difference we did not gain from winning against Milan, because we met them only once and WE LOST.

The problem is Milan has gained some form as of lately, at the beginning they were in bad shape. Inter and Fiorentina were the most dangerous opponents just to realize that Fiorentina are not even in the top four and Inter are just Inter.

Other teams? Roma were horrible in the beginning and lately they started gaining points, that also helped Juventus get away with such a lead.

Who else? No one.

Intro

Apr 6, 2005
All 3 league have their problems I think:

Italy:
Good:
- Elite; Juve, Milan and Inter's consistency which is also being transferred to CL.
- Wide range of tactics employed make for interesting encounters.

Bad:
- Weak sides especially this year haven't helped the league which has taken on 4 tiers.
- Relationships between clubs - no need to say any more as this is a Juventus forum. No - really just the end-of-season 'fixes' we always get.

Spain:
Good:
- Barcelona.
- Football; entertaining and technical.

Bad:
- No challengers or tactically astute managers to highlight Rijkaard's inept tactics.
- The fall of Real, Valencia, Deportivo which add to unstability at the top of the league and CL representation.

England:
Good:
- For a league which isn't the most tactical - it has the highest profile coaches compared to Italy and Spain. The 'Fantastic Four' of Mourinho, Wenger, Ferguson and Benitez make for intruiging comment always.
- Entertainment? Subjective - in my view not at all but the masses seem to think so.

Bad:
- Lack of variety; all teams play 4-4-2 or some variant of it. Now the trend is 4-5-1.
- English media and their lack of intelligence on football in general.

In my opinion the best league overall is neither of these as I prefer the German Bundesliga. Bayern's dominance there is only a sign of how great a side they currently are but there are a number of top-teams with varying styles and entertainment, technique and goals in abundance if only the lack of quality is slightly lower.

Intro

Apr 6, 2005
snoop said:

Italy and Spain are being dominated by Capello and Mourinho - two identical coaches. There is an article I will try to find which matches their similarities. Both have to in the end be admired as the sheer consistency of these sides are strangling the opposition. I like the word 'strangling' as this is the effect it is having on their competitors.

Despite Mourinho's attempts against Barcelona this last month if you add a Mourinho or Capello to a competitor in La Liga Barcelona would not be winning the Championship there. What we are seeing in La Liga now is what we witnessed with Ancelotti's Milan of 2003/04 where they were admired for their football but simply there was no challenger. Yet Barcelona will succeed in this way two years running while Capello's Juventus and Mourinho's Chelsea will also achieve this feat yet are deemed ugly.

Which scenario is really more ugly? Beauty has many forms.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Jeeks said:
Actually it is not success. Milan and Inter have been losing points here and there. This only shows how inconsistent they were throughout the season. The 10 point difference we did not gain from winning against Milan, because we met them only once and WE LOST.

The problem is Milan has gained some four as of lately, at the beginning they were in bad shape. Inter and Fiorentina were the most dangerous opponents just to realize that Fiorentina are not even in the top four and Inter are just Inter.

Other teams? Roma were horrible in the beginning and lately they started gaining points, that also helped Juventus get away with such a lead.

Who else? No one.
Jesus christ how you find excuses just to not credit Capello.

It is like that every league. Every team will have the ups and downs, this is football, it is a rare to have teams that are not inconsistent the whole season. It's not that we are consistent, but thanx to Capello, we are managing to win even If we are in bad shape.

And for Fiorentina, actually they are in top form, but they will not stay there for long, simply because they are not as good as everyone think they are.

look at the other leagues, how crappy real madrid is second in the spanish league, osasuna in top four.:rolleyes:

look at the premier league, 15 points lead, yeah so competetive.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
snoop said:
Jesus christ how you find excuses just to not credit Capello.

It is like that every league. Every team will have the ups and downs, this is football, it is a rare to have teams that are not inconsistent the whole season. It's not that we are consistent, but thanx to Capello, we are managing to win even If we are in bad shape.

And for Fiorentina, actually they are in top form, but they will not stay there for long, simply because they are not as good as everyone think they are.

look at the other leagues, how crappy real madrid is second in the spanish league, osasuna in top four.:rolleyes:

look at the premier league, 15 points lead, yeah so compatetive.
We were talking about the 10 points that you called SUCESS and I called it opportunistic gain because our competitors are not being consistant.

About crediting Capello, I would like you to show me ONE game where we were not playing well and Capello did something to win it. Just ONE game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)