The causality approach (10 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Here the analogy between the world and the chess board breaks down. Nothing exists outside the universe, its unimaginable. on the otherhand there is existence outside the chessboard.

We are arguing how existence came to be, this is the highest problem you can think of.
It's unimaginable, but that doesn't mean there's nothing out there. The analogy stands as far as I'm concerned.

Dec 26, 2004
Of course it's an insult.

Jeez, you're really awful with words. Half the time you don't know what they mean. Last example was reason/cause. If you're that uncomfortable in a language (which is totally fine by the way, I don't care), use a dictionary.

And you did. "For atheist". It wasn't perfect English, but I'm sure you wanted to ask all atheists.
That's not the post I was talking about. And like I said, I don't care about your language skills. But if you want to communicate, you have to know what words mean.

You can't discuss about this and not know the difference between reason or cause. You'll say cause where you mean reason and vice versa. We won't know what you want to say.
One post you say it was the post where I said "For atheist" the other you say it wasn't.

Can you stop contradicting yourself for a change?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
One post you say it was the post where I said "For atheist" the other you say it wasn't.

Can you stop contradicting yourself for a change?
What the fuck? Are you some kind of supermoron the world doesn't know about? What is your evil scheme? Flooding the world with ignorance?

I was ALWAYS talking about the "for atheist" post. And you damn right know it. Unless you're really, really, really, really, really stupid that is.

Dec 26, 2004
What the fuck? Are you some kind of supermoron the world doesn't know about? What is your evil scheme? Flooding the world with ignorance?

I was ALWAYS talking about the "for atheist" post. And you damn right know it. Unless you're really, really, really, really, really stupid that is.
I'm the one who bring insults:howler:

Here is a harder one for you...

Can you be any part of a civilized conversation for a change?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
First you said it would be strange if our lives did not have any reason to them. Then you said god created the chessboard for a reason. So what is this reason?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Yes, because then I can decide myself what my life is for. I like freedom.
For some that's not as satisfying as religion. Religion offers you an objective. If you do something, you know if it's right or wrong. You don't have that knowledge. You have to think about it. Which makes you a free, but also a worrying man.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
But why did you exist at first place?
Why is the sun yellow and not green?

In short... God created us to behave according to ethics and he would be judging us on our acts one day.
Why would he do that?

And how is it a meaningful life to live your whole life under the supervision of some guy who keeps watching every move you make? Does this make your life happy? Because I don't understand the logic of that at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)