The Birra Moretti Trophy (4 Viewers)

maxmc

Jul 27, 2002
cool...on the official chelsea page we are said to be the winners...

anyway i think the 2 goals against inter showed that we can score goals (except of penalties)...
and the place in the end doesn't matter - so i'm not dissapointed about becoming 2nd..

Zebraheart

Jul 12, 2002
We are just negotiating with Atalanta. Moggi are not in a hurry. After all the transfer window will not be closed until 31, August. As for playmaker, I don't think we will bring in such a player, at least at this season.

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
I was just reading some of the posts when we were losing...and pleae don't tell me were going to be this negative all year. Does everyone remember towards the end of last year, everyone was saying how the sky is falling and we need to fire Lippi and change our formation and buy d'ale and sell del piero etc etc. What happened? We won the scudetto. Now here we are, falling behind in a meaningless exhibiton (that we still won nonetheless) and everyone is complaining already.

Lets all try and think positive, at least for a few weeks. OK? :)

jaansu

Jul 12, 2002
I thought Friday was the deadline for the players in the qualifiers, not the group stages.

Alex, I'm not 100% sure of the spelling, I just spelled it foneticaly. :D

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Correct spelling is bejesus i think and i agree we need a couple of players, let us not forget we won by a point from Roma and 2 from Inter, now Inter have improved their defence and you cannot always count on Ronaldo and Vieri being out for long spells every season

I am for improving the squad and even at our best last season, there was still shortness of creative outlets and physical presence upfront

What we do very well is plod away and not give up and hope somehow we get a goal but against the really good teams thats not good enough

Thats why I am very surprised we keep talking about winning Cl with this present squad

jaansu

Jul 12, 2002
Ever heard of a guy called Damien Duff, okay I know I have a bias towards Irish players but he really gives defenses a run for their money he also has got a lot of pace so I think he would do well in Turin. He did well at the World Cup and also at Blackburn.

He's young and I don't think he'd be too expensive, not sure how he would do against Serie A defenses.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
He's okay but maybe too injury prone for my liking, Zebraheart i have mentioned in other threads who i think we ought to buy

Up until yesterday i always thought we needed just a left back but now i feel we missed out with either Canna or Nesta as Montero was looking really shaky like he did in the wc.

Ferrara will not be able to cope with pace, Tudor is injury prone and Iuliano is error prone, Thuram is not the force of old, while the rest are just reserves

There are good left backs like Silvinho, Placente, Zauri etc

Creative midfielders/wingers, i have always liked Dalmat, not sure why we didn;t buy Morfeo when we had the chance, Gustavo Lopez of Celta vigo is an unknown gem (argentine international)
Jorghensen of udinese but he too is injury prone, Harry Kewell, all these guys have pace and like Jaansu mentioned Duff

Strikers Chiesa, not sure why noone ever mentions hasselbaink on here as he is powerful and every team needs 4 first class strikers but we have 3

Not saying all these players but some of them would have been nice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)