the big match: Italy - Wales (12 Viewers)

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
I hope Vieri will play in this game :)

Still with 4-2-3-1, Italia maybe will play with Del Piero, Fiore and Camoranesi in midfield.
I just hope that Gattusso or Tacchinardi will play good :angel:
So, that Giggs would have no space to run :D

FORZA ITALIA!:star:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Trap told DV to stay on alert, cos if Vieri does not recover, he will be called. Hope not, better if DV rests for the league games ;)

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
Trap tactics don’t suit Pirlo

---------------------------------------------

Milan’s Andrea Pirlo believes Giovanni Trapattoni’s change in tactics is the reason for his omission from the Azzurri set-up.

"I assume that I’ve been left out for tactical reasons even if I obviously hope to earn a recall in the future," he told the official Rossoneri website.

"The Coach has decided to use a new system, which he thinks is more adaptable to other players.

"I’ve played for my country at every level and I want that trend to continue. Wearing the Azzurri shirt is a dream for everyone. But I must prove myself here first."

Pirlo was in Trap’s thinking at the start of last season after he was transformed into a deep midfield playmaker by Carlo Ancelotti.

However, the Italian side now play with a 4-2-3-1 formation in which the two central midfielders are ball winners rather than creators.

Meanwhile, the former Brescia and Inter player also commented on Milan’s hopes for the new season.

"Our pre-season was mixed but we played well against Porto and Ancona in our last two games," he added. "Let’s hope we can continue on that road."

Can Kaka replace Rivaldo as the club’s number one Brazilian? "Kaka is a young player with great potential. But Rivaldo is a great and I’m sure he will get back to his best."

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Goleador ] ++

His commitment with NT is minimal? Oh please, give me a break! You havent seen yet how much he loves to represent his country? You havent read how he feels to play with his NT?

How come you are not accusing Totti as well? He is always injured, but still he should play or otherwise he is faking his injuries? Would DP or whoever play if he would be injured? No, of course not. It´s stupid (from anyone) to risk this whole season or perhaps even career and play if one is injured.

Ciao
Oh, common man! In the past Totti and Vieri have faked so many injuries just to get away from NT duty, and that is darn wrong. The players like Buffon, Cannavaro, and Del Piero who come out all of the time are the true Azzurri.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
Trap told DV to stay on alert, cos if Vieri does not recover, he will be called. Hope not, better if DV rests for the league games ;)
Nah, it would be better to call up DV so that we can play the 4-2-3-1 tactic, and besides, he won't even start for Juve so he needn't rest ;)

My starting line-up:

Buffon
Oddo Nesta Cannavaro Zambrotta
Gattuso Tacchinardi
Fiore Del Piero Di Vaio
Corradi

I prefer Fiore to Camoranesi because he'll add more creativity and fantasy to the squad, and that's what we need now that Totti is absent.

Aug 27, 2003
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++

Oh, common man! In the past Totti and Vieri have faked so many injuries just to get away from NT duty, and that is darn wrong. The players like Buffon, Cannavaro, and Del Piero who come out all of the time are the true Azzurri.
i agree with u fantasista..
many players esp from inter..are like that..
many player are willing to play for thier national team and hoping for a plce and they just wanna run away ..and buffon, delpiero, zambrotta and canna..aswell as pippo..

Aug 27, 2003
whoops forgot to finsih..loool..
they try their best to set a place for the azzurri!
dont they know that this is important!!!
dont they knw their reputation is on the line (as if they care)
but u know totti and vieri are amazing players and they need them..
we dont want that 2-1 back again do we..

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Totti and Vieri are crucial to La Nazionale, no end, but I still believe that they should be punished because they obviously prefer to play for their clubs than their own country.

Aug 27, 2003
Totti and Vieri are crucial to La Nazionale, no end, but I still believe that they should be punished because they obviously prefer to play for their clubs than their own country.
i think money is all taht amtters..trust me i dont know why do they do this!
i mean i feel so sorr how i use to hate trap!
but its not traps fault its the players!! who dont wanna paly!
i didnt know it would come to this day that i would say
Forza trap!

Goleador

Sep 10, 2002
All Italian NT fans agree that they are crucial, but i completely disagree that they have faked their injuries to play with their teams and not with NT. They both have said so many times that they loves playing with NT much more than playing with their teams...at least i remember Vieri has. It´s just very unfortunate that they both are so injury proned players. No reason to underestimate their love for their country.

Ciao,
Tommi

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
it is really a very strange phenomenom... because there is seems like an injury bug will effect star players all across europe and south america that coincede with international fixture.... or is it just my conspirational mind only...

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Goleador ] ++

All Italian NT fans agree that they are crucial, but i completely disagree that they have faked their injuries to play with their teams and not with NT. They both have said so many times that they loves playing with NT much more than playing with their teams...at least i remember Vieri has. It´s just very unfortunate that they both are so injury proned players. No reason to underestimate their love for their country.

Ciao,
Tommi
You've heard them say something, but that's all they'll ever do, talk. Do you think they're thick enough to shout out I don't wanna play for the Azzurri and get injured because my club pays me money? Obviously they're not going to say that.

Vieri and Totti are frauds.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Not when it comes to Euro Qualifiers, especially for two players who have not won much with their respective clubs and absolutely nothing with the NT.

Goleador

Sep 10, 2002
You've heard them say something, but that's all they'll ever do, talk. Do you think they're thick enough to shout out I don't wanna play for the Azzurri and get injured because my club pays me money? Obviously they're not going to say that.

Vieri and Totti are frauds.
Bla blaa blaa. They just talk? You havent seen Vieri or Totti at NT more than enough? And they plays just for money with their teams? Didnt you know that NT pays them extra dollars every time they play with NT? You seriously think that they dont want to represent their country at highest level? What a joke!

Ciao e arrivederci...

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
No, I haven't seen Vieri and Totti playing with the NT enough. IMHO they turn up when they feel like, and that shows nothing but disloyalty.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
VIERI READY TO FACE WALES

Christian Vieri took part in today’s game between ranks and will start alongside Pippo Inzaghi as Trap names his line-up.

“Vieri has taken away all my doubts on his condition,” assured Giovanni Trapattoni after a quick run-out with the squad.

Italy must win Saturday’s Euro 2004 qualifier with Wales at the San Siro in order to go top of the Group Nine standings.

As expected, the tactician will return to his favoured 4-4-2 system following the injury worries to Francesco Totti, Simone Perrotta and Fabrizio Miccoli.

There are no changes in defence, but Alessio Tacchinardi replaces Chievo man Perrotta in central midfield.

Cristiano Zanetti is still not 100 per cent fit, so Milan’s Gennaro Gattuso is on stand-by in case of developments.

Alessandro Del Piero is forced out wide on the left, a position he has confirmed he is not particularly happy with.

“I understand that the Coach has certain requirements right now,” said the Juventus captain.

“I feel that I am a forward and would prefer to be more central to our play, but right now we need to win and I will do whatever is required of me.”

Vieri has barely trained all week after picking up a knock in Inter’s 2-0 win over Modena.

He then felt a twinge in his left knee during yesterday’s training session, but seems fit to start on Saturday.

There were questions over his partner against Wales, but Pippo Inzaghi’s fine form seems to put him ahead of Roma contender Marco Delvecchio.

Mauro Camoranesi wins the battle to take the right flank, pushing Lazio playmaker Stefano Fiore on to the bench.

Italy line-up announced by Trapattoni: Buffon; Panucci, Cannavaro, Nesta, Zambrotta; Camoranesi, Tacchinardi, Zanetti, Del Piero; Inzaghi, Vieri

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Vieri AND TOTTI's loyalty to La Nazionale is in question.

Totti said before last years WC that he would rather win the CL with Roma than win the WC with the NT. HE SAID IT !!!!!!

I'm not sure what Vieri would say, but he is absent from most friendlies, and cant always be counted on to play when the games count

If we didnt need Totti or Vieri, no one would notice, BUT WE DO !!!!!

Trap is back to the 4-4-2, Gattuso may play, Inzaghi is starting, and DP is out wide left in midfield. WE ARE IN TROUBLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)