"the best league in the world" (1 Viewer)

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #121
    Well good for him and you. The fact of the matter is I am well informerd, watching EPL matches every weekend for the past 5 years. Of course some will always use that excuse in your signature just to avoid arguements.

Buy on AliExpress.com

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
    Well good for him and you. The fact of the matter is I am well informerd, watching EPL matches every weekend for the past 5 years. Of course some will always use that excuse in your signature just to avoid arguements.
    "Informerd"? Is this some variation on "stoned"? :p Yes, I know, and I see where you're coming from, but I think Chester's argument is correct - the defending in the EPL is not as tight as in Serie A, but it's not as bad as a lot of Serie A heads make out.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #123
    Let me guess, Chester is an Englishmen. 'Nough said.

It's a shame there are not too many players nowadays who have played in both leagues, simply so that we can hear their opinions about this subject. I would bet my house that Serie A would come up as the winner by a good margin.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    I doubt that, Andy. Serie A is a very slow paced competition and I doubt many Serie A clubs can play as fast as their English counterparts. I don't think one competition is better than the other, they just differ a lot. I think EPL is way more fun to look at anyway. Sure Serie A is nice when Juve and Milan play, but looking at Livorno playing Siena sure is boring. In EPL you get Norwich coming back from being 3 goals down. Pace makes games interesting and Serie A lacks pace.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #125
    Pace also screws up imagination and creativity, that's why you do not see any natural playmakers play in the EPL. You can run and sprint all the way around England, but I do not like that sort of football. I want to see good, creativity-infused football with great balance. I also love to watch natural playmakers like Zidane, Ronaldinho, and Totti in action because they are the best players in the world. EPL cannot nourish my need for those aspects of football.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
    Let me guess, Chester is an Englishmen. 'Nough said.

It's a shame there are not too many players nowadays who have played in both leagues, simply so that we can hear their opinions about this subject. I would bet my house that Serie A would come up as the winner by a good margin.
    Chester is Irish, but a Man U fan, but I hold his objectivity and footballing knowledge in the same regard I hold the best of the juventuz regulars.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #127
    Like I stated before, the EPL is catching up defensively to the Serie A, but they are not at the same level just yet.

erado

Nov 2, 2004
    oh. Andy...not again...

Its truth that over the years EPL is nowhere near SerieA and La Liga, but we cant deny times have changed, our seven sisters and ManU EPL domination are gone....

Like Andy had said, SerieA and La Liga still have edge but EPL is catching up..

Barca > Chelsea
    Milan > ManU
    Bayern > Arsenal

Apr 12, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++
    Spanish league is the best followed by serie A then EPL
    Did you not see my list?

++ [ originally posted by Bürke ] ++
    IMO

Leagues rated on technique, overall skill of players, and technical ability.

1. Serie A
    2. La Liga
    3. Bundesliga
    4. Ligue 1
    5. Eredivisie
    6. Serie B
    7. Spanish Segunda
    8. Bundesliga 2
    9. Ligue 2
    10. Brazil
    11. Argentina
    12. J - League
    13. MLS
    14. Saudi Arabian 1st
    15. Mongolian Premier
    16. US Deaf and Blind league
    17. EPL
    That is 99.87% accurate.

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    At de moment, the bundesliga is the best EVER!! so many strong teams. chelsea effectively ruined the premiership. They are like on CM when you cheat and have so much money and build the perfect squad which never loses.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Dan ] ++
    At de moment, the bundesliga is the best EVER!! so many strong teams. chelsea effectively ruined the premiership. They are like on CM when you cheat and have so much money and build the perfect squad which never loses.
    Why do people do that? Takes the fun out of the game!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)