the best juve player in history (3 Viewers)

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

Zidane wasn't exactly crap, but there's no way you can say that when playing for Juve he was better than Platini, because that's just no true, but they are both nothing compared to the dominance of Dino Zoff.
Infact Gigi's twin said she vote 4 ZZ cause didn't see anyone before so hers vote is the best from ZZ to now.

Baggio? Vialli? Pure craziness....
Why?
Agreeing that Zoff is a great legend ther's nothing strange in considering Baggio before him, otherwise is a very natural thing IMO, infact Baggio is the Italian who has more consideration in and out the country. Zoff is second also to him anycase.

Vialli... ok maybe he cannot considered in the bests ever but he put him 5°, that's not such a scandal....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 me of the players I saw:

-Baggio
-Platini
-Zidane

But I didn't see Boniperti, Zoff and others who surely will deseve to be mentioned.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by mate ] ++
Why?
Agreeing that Zoff is a great legend ther's nothing strange in considering Baggio before him, otherwise is a very natural thing IMO, infact Baggio is the Italian who has more consideration in and out the country. Zoff is second also to him anycase.

Vialli... ok maybe he cannot considered in the bests ever but he put him 5°, that's not such a scandal....
Well, I just don't see how Baggio can be in the list but not Jugovic, Deschamps, or especiialy Boniek....

mate

Aug 28, 2002

Well, I just don't see how Baggio can be in the list but not Jugovic, Deschamps, or especiialy Boniek....
:confused:
I really don't think any of them are considered in the top players of soccer history like Baggio, Zoff, Platinì and Zidane. Some things are objective if some players didn't make it to reach the "legend status" there must be a reason.
Yes maybe Boniek is a legend too... but not as bigger as Baggio, he is not internationally consider in the top players ever if not from who 4 some reason followed him a lot.
DD 4 example is of course one of the players who gave more to Juve and he also is (I think but I'm not sure) the record holder 4 trpophys winned but his role is not so spectacular so he will be never seen as one of the biggest soccer legend.
That's also why is impossible to do this kind of graduation... it is always depends on the role of the players... DD certainly was so important but with "grate" usually is intended the "biggest legend" and he certainly never been the best player of the world or things like that.
Anycase it is always depend on which meaning you give to "grate".

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
We can divide this into the different eras....

In the 50-60 the most remembered players (therefore they must have been pretty good) are:

Boniperti
Sivori
Charles

From the little I saw and the stats I read, Boniperti is probably Juve's Flag. Sivori was the class that may be compared a bit to Maradona for the way he dribbled past players and scored goals. Charles was the Vieri of back then, strong, powerful and scored shitloads of goals.

70-80:

Zoff
Tardelli
Scirea
Bettega
Platini
Boniek

Those are from the top of my head so probably I am forgetting someone

90-present

Baggio
Zidane
Peruzzi
Montero
Del Piero
Nedved
Zambrotta
Buffon
Salas (Just kidding :p)

Obviously it's much easier to nominate players from the current era cos we see them daily most of them.

Best player is subjective...but maybe a list of best 10 players is more objective I think.

However the flag of Juve will always be Boniperti. One day DP might join him there if he really stays with Juve forever even after a player.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Well in a way also players like DD and Ferrara may be mentioned, but it always depend if with "grate" we want to intend who is a general soccer legend, who is a Juve flag or who was more important to Juve...

gigi's twin

Mar 5, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

:yuck: Zidane played shite for us, esp. compared to his performances for France. :groan::frown:
Hmmmm....... Maybe you watched a different Juve, that I did! The Zidane, who I saw was great! But it is impossible to everyone have the same point of view!

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Even though Zidane was at times inconsistent, Gigi's Twin is right...Zidane is one of the best players that ever wore the Juve shirt. Even just watching his ball control and his movement on the pitch, it was great!

Don't forget that in Italy man marking slowed him down so obviously he cannot do the same things that he does for Real Madrid since there hardly exists man marking there.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
Baggio
Zidane
Peruzzi
Montero
Del Piero
Nedved
Zambrotta
Buffon
baggio maybe. id consider him as something of an international legend more than a juventus legend.

zidane same.

peruzzi.....nah. montero no. del piero yes. nedved needs a season or 2 more and a CL trophy, zambrotta no not yet, buffon not yet and even in another 7 or 8 years he might not get it at juve unless he is something of a leader or becomes internationally renowned. more than he is now at least.

Aug 1, 2003
how come someone forgot felice borel? :D although hes not exactly legend material, he IS all-time topscorer for one season u know :cool:

nyway, just as i was browsing through here are some of the players considered legends by juventuz.com . not sure if they're the best juve ever had, but just thought i'd give the list:

baggio, bettega, boniek, brady, charles, platini, rossi, scirea, tardelli, zoff

p/s: rossi reminds me of pippo:dontcare:what a scandalized thing to say

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
p/s: rossi reminds me of pippo:dontcare:what a scandalized thing to say
Oh no, why?
I guess the comparison Pippo/Rossi is so natural... it comes up to the mind almost of everyone ;)

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003

Baggio? Vialli? Pure craziness....
That's why I put "!!" beside Vialli.. coz I knew you will come say something about it.. I like Vialli, I put him in my list..simple.. it's my ****ing imaginery list.. what the hell is your problem..?

I've seen baggio play.. he is one of the greatest players in the world.. not only in juve.. why can I consider him one of the greatest juve legends..?

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Vialli will be remembered more for his leadership skills rather than his goal scoring skills. We criticise Trezeguet for not scoring enough goals, yet Vialli used to score less than 10 goals a season.

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
who said anything about goal scoring..? zidane didn't score that much either.. it's not about goal scoring.. it's performance and skills that make a legend..

Maybe some people think that vialli doesn't deserve to be a Juve legend.. nothin wrong with that, but, I do think that he is one of the legends.. it's simply, difference in opinions..

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Yeah, give the guy a break. The first post said "in your opinion", and we're all entitled to our own.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)