The best 10 clubs in the World right now!!! (1 Viewer)

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
1-FC Barcelona
Amazingly, the Blaugrana are the only champions among Europe's Big Five leagues not to go through a dead stretch. Yes, their frantic scoring touch abated for a bit and Valencia made a spirited run at them, but their lead was never really tested. We could see farewell matches for two key players in the Champions League final. Fan favorite (and Ronaldinho's "idol") Henrik Larsson is going back to Sweden -- and the increasingly enigmatic Samuel Eto'o might take his act elsewhere next season, too.

2 AC Milan
It's too bad Andriy Shevchenko's (fully legal) goal against Barça was disallowed, because extra time between the two heavyweights really would have been interesting. So back to Serie A: Can Milan catch Juventus? Yes. Is it going to be extremely difficult? The Rankings' magic eight ball says "it is decidedly so." The Rossoneri have two tough games remaining, one at Parma and then their season finale at home against Roma, which should be a killer match -- the Giallorossi themselves are just two points off all-important fourth place.

3 Olympique Lyon
Which do you suppose hurt St. Etienne more? Getting punked 4-0 by its archrival in a match OL laughed off as a home celebration of its fifth straight French championship? Or being run off the field by an entire squad of players who looked positively ridiculous with Lyon team colors painted all over their heads and faces? Bald-pated Cris looked like he was starting a Blue Man Group breakaway act.

4 Chelsea
The Blues left no room for doubt in their decisive match against Manchester United, winning their second straight English Premier League title in convincing fashion. But while all you haters are celebrating the fact that Chelsea could only manage one piece of hardware, consider this: This is now more fuel for Roman Abramovich to go buy himself more toys, even though he swears he's tightening the purse strings.

5 Arsenal
One scalped ticket to the Champions League semis: $300. Personalized Barça jersey: $90. Storming the field to give Thierry Henry his going-away present: Priceless. We're cooling the Gunners' cannons here in the Rankings, as the fireworks from their meteoric ascent into the final have settled down a little bit. Let's not forget, Arsenal is probably going to finish fifth in the Premiership and, unless it pulls a 'Pudlian miracle, will likely be a UEFA Cup favorite next season.

6 São Paulo
Who else but Rogério Ceni to bail the Tricolor out of a tight spot it really shouldn't have been in in the first place? Minimal props for bouncing a mess of a Palmeiras side from the Copa Libertadores -- for now. The defending champs may very well hang onto their title, but let's see if they can keep it up in the Brazilian championship instead of folding early again like last year. This fall will be fun, when São Paulo takes on Boca Juniors in the Recopa Sudamericana (South America's version of the UEFA Super Cup) -- a true Brazil vs. Argentina showdown with each country's best club representin'.

7 Juventus
The Old Lady is stirring. There hasn't been much inspired soccer out of this group in weeks, and it's almost a relief that Juve finally won its first game in six matches last Sunday at Siena. The Bianconeri's lead is only three points and they're basically facing two must-win matches (both winnable) against Palermo and Reggina if they want to claim their 29th Scudetto. Whatever the case, once the season is done, expect major changes.

8 Liverpool
There goes Liverpool again, making waves late in the season. If the Reds can overtake Man Utd for second place, that's admirable. But an FA Cup would be a nice bookend to an incredible two-year run by a club that, honestly, has overachieved tremendously. If Rafa Benitez is around next year, an EPL title really would be an ideal prize: Liverpool hasn't won it since 1990, but it has spent the past five seasons collecting a European Cup, a UEFA Cup, an FA Cup, a Carling Cup and a Super Cup.

9 Bayern Munich
At last, Bayern fans have something to cheer about. After several dismal weeks that included a feeble early exit from Champions League, a shrinking lead in Germany and constant rumors of Michael Ballack going to Chelsea, we're finally talking about trophies. Bayern won its 13th German Cup last Saturday and looks safe at last to claim its 20th Bundesliga crown this weekend -- its second straight double. How long until the goodwill dissolves into criticism of the team's lack of effort on the transfer front?

10 Boca Juniors
Man, I just can't get used to the South American split season. It seems like the Argentine Clausura just got started, and we're already down to the wire. Quietly, it seems, since they're not in the Libertadores, the Xeneizes are about to win another title while suffering only one loss in their past 16 matches. They've spread the love, too: Their 33 goals is the second-highest total in the league, but only one player -- Martín Palermo -- is in the top 10 in scoring.

sportsillustrated.cnn.com

----------------------------------------------------------

Well, I think Bayern and Liverpool don't belong to this list. Also, Milan can't be better than Lyon by any way. I can't comment on the South American two clubs as I don't follow their leagues...

Buy on AliExpress.com

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
Agree nearly to 100%. I'd put Milan 2 or 3 places down although and maybe place Liverpool in front of Juve for this season. Can't say if São Paulo is better than Juve... i doubt it but cannot really say something objective about it

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #11
    Espectro said:
    if there was a league with those 10 teams on it... with our current form, we will be figthing against relagation :D:D:D:D
    Indeed:D

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
    Liverpool is only there because they won the CL last season, there is a number of clubs that has played a lot better this season...Manchester United to name one.

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
    overall this season I think 'pool are top ten...they have now won 11 in a row, earlier in the season they won 10 in a row. can't argue with that. only reason they got 3rd in EPL is from their one patch of bad form, other than that they have been quite good

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
    lets start that same list at the start of the season, juve would be 1 on mine. 17-2-1 and 5-1 in champions league, not to bad

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    Desmond said:
    These lists have never meant anything to be honest.

i agree this means nothing besides there are tonnes of lists, and each one has a different ranking. i have seen this one where juventus is number one and barca is 5 or 6 while miulan is 9. at the end of the day u cant really rank teams by how they play ina certain tournement or different league. i mean how can u rank barca and juventus or liverpool and milan they both play in different leagues abnd just bec one of the above teams is eliminated form the cl does'nt mean the other teams are better or should be ranked in the top ten.

this is the ranking i got from a search on google.com
    http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/ecrcontent.htm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)