The Azzurrini (U21) Thread (2 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Cautious Casiraghi

Pierluigi Casiraghi was pleased with his Azzurrini side’s friendly win over Holland last night, but he thinks there is room for improvement.

The Under-21 team won 2-1 against the European champions courtesy of goals from Pablo Daniel Osvaldo of Fiorentina and Villarreal hitman Giuseppe Rossi.

The win was a useful boost in the preparations for the Olympics in Beijing this summer, but Casiraghi seemed cautious in his post-match interview.

“It was a tough game where we took on an excellent team,” he told Rai Sport. “They showed themselves to be very good physically and technically, but we know that we still have to grow.

“In May we will have another fixture and then the focus will be on August. There aren’t many preparation games, but we will try to get the most out of them and use the short time we have to be properly prepared.”

Casiraghi finished with some high praise for Rossi, whose contribution proved decisive.

“Wherever he plays, he does well. He is a central striker who is on his way to proving himself at the highest international level,” the Monza native said.

channel 4

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
U-21: Azzurrini call Paloschi

Milan starlet Alberto Paloschi has received his debut Under-21 international call after Andrea Russotto and Marco Rossi pulled out.

The striker is still only 18 years old, but is already making it up to the Azzurrini level in the view of Coach Pierluigi Casiraghi.

Paloschi could get his debut in the Euro 2009 qualifier with Azerbaijan next week, as Treviso’s Russotto pulled out with an injury.

Paloschi shot to fame for the Rossoneri when he scored less than 30 seconds into his Serie A debut and has slowly crept into the first team with two goals.

Casiraghi also had to call up a new face in Atalanta’s Daniele Capelli, as Rossi was forced out of this match in Baku with a fitness problem.

Italy’s Under-21 side face their Azerbaijani counterparts on Tuesday March 25.

Goalkeepers: Alfonso (Venezia), Consigli (Rimini), Sirigu (Cremonese)
Defenders: Bocchetti (Frosinone), De Ceglie (Siena), De Silvestri (Lazio), Marzoratti (Empoli), Motta (Torino), Pisano (Cagliari), Capelli (Atalanta)
Midfielders: Bolzoni (Inter), Cigarini (Parma), Dessena (Parma), Giovinco (Empoli), Marchisio (Empoli), Morosini (Vicenza)
Forwards: Acquafresca (Cagliari), Lanzafame (Bari), Osvaldo (Fiorentina), Rossi Giuseppe (Villareal), Paloschi (Milan).

channel4.com

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
I think its the U-21's from last year. The ones who played in the U-21 Euro 2007. And Casiraghi is allowed to pick 3 senior players, so whoever doesn't go to Euro 2008 is likely going to play in the Olympics.

Chazz

natobiaconero
Nov 15, 2007
Oh... His great its not just his recent form he was outstanding for brescia him and chiellini would be a great pairing for the azzurri

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
Oh... His great its not just his recent form he was outstanding for brescia him and chiellini would be a great pairing for the azzurri
Oh true, I didnt get to see any of his Brescia games so i can only go off his recent outings.. I think Chiellini & Santacroce would compliment eachother perfectly, both have very different styles and attributes which could make for a killer combination.. Only time will tell but this pair i think is exciting

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Hopefully our players perform well on Tuesday, particularly Lanzafame, as have never seen him play yet.

Forza Ragazzini :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)