The Australian Juventus Thread (5 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Sounds good :D

Preference for city?
To be honest right now Canada and the UK are in my mind ahead in the pecking order, but if i do end up going to Australia the first destination will depend on which city I can get into a good MBA program. My problem with Australia is two things; There are much more and better business schools in the UK and Canada, and Australia is very expensive.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Australia more expensive than the UK?
Outside London and Manchester is the UK really that expensive?

The thing about the UK too is that you can find very good business schools even outside those two cities.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup to be expected. No surprises there.

Though I'm surprised the UAE isn't higher up that list, Dubai and Abu Dhabi are two expensive cities.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
To be honest right now Canada and the UK are in my mind ahead in the pecking order, but if i do end up going to Australia the first destination will depend on which city I can get into a good MBA program. My problem with Australia is two things; There are much more and better business schools in the UK and Canada, and Australia is very expensive.
Very true about the last part, but I guess the wages are higher too. Probably harder if you're just immigrating though

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
So looks like old Tones won't be our PM after next Tuesday, if the leadership "spill" goes the way everyone is expecting it to go. Great news, don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out you jug-eared, racist, sexist, fundamentalist cockspanner.

Even though I will never vote for the LNP, I don't mind Malcolm Turnbull as a politician (I agree with a lot of his policies/views) and I think he'd do OK as PM, even though a lot of his own colleagues hate him because of his more progressive views.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Turnbull's decent, but I think it's retarded to kick out another PM. If Julie Bishop is PM it's going to be a repeat of the Gillard-Rudd thing

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
So looks like old Tones won't be our PM after next Tuesday, if the leadership "spill" goes the way everyone is expecting it to go. Great news, don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out you jug-eared, racist, sexist, fundamentalist $#@!spanner.

Even though I will never vote for the LNP, I don't mind Malcolm Turnbull as a politician (I agree with a lot of his policies/views) and I think he'd do OK as PM, even though a lot of his own colleagues hate him because of his more progressive views.
"the internet is essentially a video entertainment system". it's Sarah Palin levels of dense

Aus, pardon me for being so harsh, but how the f do you people elect nitwits like this? :D

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
No offence taken :D I didn't vote for that disgusting party and never will. Sadly, Australia is a country of uneducated bogan morons, who are easily swayed by the rabid and biased right-wing media (cough Murdoch cough), and they have basically hounded the last (very normal and productive) government, barring a few hiccups out of office, and helped to get these fucking morons in power. I must say, as sad and disgraceful as this whole charade is for this country, it has been wonderfully entertaining watching these guys back-stab each other and do anything possible to get rid of this guy, and keep their own cushy positions in government safe, at least for another 18 months.

IMO, this is the worst government this country has ever seen. Absolutely incompetent in every facet imaginable. The sad thing is, the guy who will probably take over once Abbott is booted, Malcolm Turnbull, will just tow the party line and persist with the harsh and unfair "policies" they have in place, because if he does try to go to a more centrist route, they'll knife him and get rid of him without a moments notice. Turnbullis actually hated by the vast majority of his own party due to his more "progressive" views. This LNP party is basically a haven of sexist, racist, ultra-right wing Tea Party fucks.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
He basically got in because of propaganda against a carbon tax and stopping "boat people"....People are fickle, the large new stations support the Liberals (his party) and pushed their agenda against the other parties. People believed it. Stupidly.

We had to write speeches to give to our whole university in my second year of Uni. We could write about anything. Given that the election had just passed I chose to write about Big Tony and the idiots that voted for him.. I gave this speech.

Ya blew it Australia! Ya really blew it. Ya blew it because we now have a racist, conservative, misogynistic prick as the face of our beautiful country.

Recently I went overseas, seeing the political turmoil and calibre of those who were in power in Italy

made me incredibly proud of our political system. I was claiming things such as “ooh someone as

dumb, racist and idiotic Berlusconi could never come to power in Australia”…..(pause) fuck me, was I

wrong…on that fateful day; September 7,2013 the closest thing Australia can get to Berlusconi came

into power..And we don’t even have the excuse that our election was rigged, or that the Mafia

bought votes. Tony Abbott is now our Berlusconi, minus the attractive underage women and

hilarious ad campaigns. He is our George Bush…. He is our Hitler...Ok maybe that’s offensive, at least Hitler could give a speech.

Ya blew it Australia. We have bought in a man that thinks a bad boss should be tolerated, just like a

bad husband or father is..ya know, its ok, just deal with the abuse every now and again, you’ll be fine

kid… We have bought in a man who pimped his “not bad looking daughters” out for votes, a man

who does not believe in equal love as “gay marriage isn’t as important to everyone all the time”. A

man that stated “Jesus knew that there was a place for everything and it’s not necessarily

everyone’s place to come to Australia”…Don’t tell big Tone but my grandparents came here by boat

and I get the feeling; given that my grandfather spent half his life screaming PORCO DIO! (God is a

pig) that he and Jesus weren’t on the best of terms. At least my grandparents were lucky enough to

have the privilege of being able to come here legally, not something the current refugees have…But

yeah, it’s their fault they didn’t run back to their houses that have been utterly destroyed to grab

their blown off leg and a passport. We now have this man, this shining beacon of godly light as the

face of our country.

Australians, I am not telling you to vote Labour, Greens or for the Australian Bullet train but what I

am telling you is don’t vote for a party that has a colossal wanker like Tony Abbott as their face!
Do not blow it again! Thank you.
- - - Updated - - -

Delivery was what made it funny though :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)