the arena (1 Viewer)

nina

Feb 18, 2001
We would probably play there if we didn't have the deal with Torino and the city council, which is that we will start rebuilding in a few years and after that Torino will move to his own stadium. The threat to leave Turin and Delle Alpi was to provoke the council to finally sell DA to us.

Jul 12, 2002
But there is no way that we could possiply renovate the stadium in the one off-season, we are going to have to play somewhere else for a little while at least.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
I think it is unfair that Torino are allowed to move to their own stadium and we are stuck with the Delle Alpi and huge renovation costs

nina

Feb 18, 2001
Ian I think that the pitch won't be changed, just the seats and that's why the parts of the stadium will be closed from time to time I think.

Tom, the renovation costs will still be lower than if we started building a new stadium. With the extra cash we will really try to rebuild Delle Alpi into a modern stadium with extra attractions in it's area :)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
where are we gonna get the money from though? It will still add up to quite a lot, and the thing is, will it actually have an impact on the v.low attendances we get.

I saw that both Roma and Milan got over 70,000 in for their champion's league matches this week. I somehow doubt that Juve will get anywhere near capacity for our opening match. Is this simply due to the fact that the fans are too far from the pitch? or are there other things to consider?

I only hope the Juve chiefs have thought this through properly before renovating or relocating anywhere.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Well Torino are getting (from the looks of it) a totally hip stadio after Torino06, whereas we have to pay our own bills. :undecide:

nina

Feb 18, 2001
He's gonna cause plans are already made! I don't know where the money will come from, he's not exactly lacking any of it, but I think we'll have a sponsor, which is why the stadium will get a new name. At least that were the last rumours.

First of all Turin is not Milan or Rome with millions of people living in it. Secondly, you know that Juve is not the fav club in town, so you might lower your expectations.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
First of all Turin is not Milan or Rome with millions of people living in it. Secondly, you know that Juve is not the fav club in town, so you might lower your expectations.
expecting 70,000 for a major game is not too much to ask IMO. Surely there are far more than 70K Juve fans in Turin, plus Milan is close by and I'm sure there are many more fans located there.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++
nina,i meant their new stadium.
As I recall, Torino are getting the old Filadelfia after it's been rebuilt for the Olympics. After that I can only assume the stadium will remain the city's property and leased to Torino.

As for Delle Alpi, it's not technically ours, we signed a lease for 99 years so I guess that means we decide much of what happens to it though.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
Depends on what you consider a major game. If there is a big clash in Seria A the stadium will be "full", but that can't be said for CL. This year's CL opponents will not attract people I think. They are not that big.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
when was the last time the Delle Alpi was full? home to Milan/Inter/Roma we get around 45-50000!

do you think that removing the track will lead to a significant increase?

nina

Feb 18, 2001
I did put full between "" ;) :D

Hopfully it will, otherwise I don't see the point in doing it. But if our good results don't bring them to the stadium, then I really have no idea what they want! Too bad we don't live there :sigh:

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
if they renovate the place

1 make a huge carpark, and make some nice stuff(a park/grand fountains) outside the stadia
2 create smooth access(transportation etc)
3 make some neat accomodations in the stadium(i.e cinema, food court, history shows etc)
4 here's a novelty, have an underground(i mean really really underground) swimming pol, for the fun of it
5 intergrate(such english :eek: ) the new high tech stuff
6 have personal air-cons built-in to individual seats...ok, maybe not...
7 have a retractable roof like the Sapporo DOme in Japan :cool:

i know pretty much everything he wont come true, but i like dreaming of this kinda stuff anyways

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)