the arena (1 Viewer)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
300 million quid to buy Aimar, Vicente, Joaquin, mexes, Zauri and Bellini!

That leaves you with about 200m but i don't think that would be enough to pay for your luxury ideas!

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
Ian I think that the pitch won't be changed, just the seats and that's why the parts of the stadium will be closed from time to time I think.

Point taken.

Tom, the renovation costs will still be lower than if we started building a new stadium. With the extra cash we will really try to rebuild Delle Alpi into a modern stadium with extra attractions in it's area :)
I have to disagree. Looking at the constuction of Delle Alpi, and the distances that we are talking about, removing the running track, and thus bringing the stands closer to the field will cost at least as much as a new stadium if not more. BTW, I do have some expertice in the is area.

Jul 12, 2002
If so, why would we keep it then?
You have to think about Juve's position. We had a contract with Turin about Delle Alpi and we had to honour it. The only way that we could get a "new" stadium is to renovate Delle Alpi. Turin would not have let us build another. So it was the only course of action, but it isn't going to save us any money.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
I think that Turin would let us build a new stadium if we really put a pressure on the officials with leaving the town. They can't afford to lose us. Besides, if the deal didn't bring some benefits to Juve we wouldn't have made it. I still think it'll be cheaper.

Jul 12, 2002
I think that Turin would let us build a new stadium if we really put a pressure on the officials with leaving the town. They can't afford to lose us. Besides, if the deal didn't bring some benefits to Juve we wouldn't have made it. I still think it'll be cheaper.
The only way that it could be cheaper is if they are not going to mov ethe stands significantly closer to the field, which was the whole point, or so I thought.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
No no no. Juve can give the building company free season tickets in exchange for a discount :D Or a few autographs or a visit to training camp or signed kits, ... :D

Jul 12, 2002
No no no. Juve can give the building company free season tickets in exchange for a discount :D Or a few autographs or a visit to training camp or signed kits, ... :D
I don't know, we would have to get some hard core Juve fans to rebuild the stadium then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)