The AFC Asian 2007 Cup (7 Viewers)

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
And they have equalised.
Final score 2:2

There was no way China could have pressed like they did in first half. Its a pattern of the tournament. A fitnesss based team that builds on athleticism and pressing are bound to tire up in the second half because the climate is just impossible to play European style game. Iran's class was bound to show up as the match progressed. China looks disciplined but they just don't have individuals to change he complexion of the match.

Hashemian showed up in the second half. He was extremely lively, and linked up play extremly well. The difference was that he held up the ball up front thus allowed Temourian to play further up the field.

However, if Iran seems so inconsistent. They are so unpredictable. I wouldnt want to meet them in the knock out stage, but surely no team can without solid foundation. And to make matters worse, Karimi looks out of sorts, and Mahdavikia looks to be on the decline. He doesnt have the same penetration he did 4 years ago. And less said of defence of Rezaei & their GK better it gets.

Buy on AliExpress.com

alex74

Oct 1, 2006
Iran's keeper is having a mare. Thanks to him China is leading 2:1. First freekick was a shocker.

Having said that China more than deserved their lead. They pressed hard, and kept tempo fast in contrast to Iran, and organised their defence well.

Jandi (Spelling?)`s freekick was a screamer. He hasnt impressed me at all in last two games, and bang he comes up with a beauty. Hashemian needs to play better. He is a liability up front. And Temourian, what good player in the middle of park. He does little thing extremely well.

China surely can't keep their work rate for the entire match. I feel Iran will get an equaliser.
Zandi's goal was amazing:agree: , enayati was completly useless, he should have been substituted! madanchi should have come in much earlier in the game, absense of the coach did affect us.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Korea

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

They are conceding most stupid goals you can think of. Its like the entire team has been bought off by betting companies.:D

Beside that their 2 center midfielders are useless. They are so clueless when they get the ball, they look to pass ball to defenders the moment they touch ball. Korea probably got best attackers in the tournament alongside Iran, but because of their shit midfield, they cant get into rythm and utilize their main strengths. Having said that if there is a team that will beat us, it is them, and I hope Bahrain finish them off in the 2nd half.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
:rofl:

Korea is self-destructing.

I don't know what they coach has been telling, but I am sure passing back to defenders wasn't on his trainig menu. Their 3 midfielders, Jungwoo, Ho, and that No.14 are shit.

Jun 13, 2007
:rofl:

Korea is self-destructing.

I don't know what they coach has been telling, but I am sure passing back to defenders wasn't on his trainig menu. Their 3 midfielders, Jungwoo, Ho, and that No.14 are shit.
korea coach said " i didnt even need to train or even talk to my players , its a very easy gaem , i think il let them rest and have fun . "

their coach is probably eating his words now , lol .

forza bahrain

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
korea coach said " i didnt even need to train or even talk to my players , its a very easy gaem , i think il let them rest and have fun . "

their coach is probably eating his words now , lol .

forza bahrain
FT

Bahrain2 Korea 1

I don't think Korea can complain about the result. It was messy game, and I don't think neither of them played particuarly well (at least when Bahrain almost knocked us out 4 years ago, they played good football). But this Korean team is just plain shit. The reason they are not playing well is simple:

(1) they have no distributor in the middle of the park
(2) wingbacks and forwards doesnt move much.

So from opposition standpoint tactic is simple:

Keep tight to two wingers with fullbacks, and close down No14. and Ho as quick as possible. Because these two players havent got the ability to either beat opposition press with skill or composure to see free players they will pass back to either wingbacks or center defence. And this is where lack of movement from forwards and wingbacks come in. If they are lively and move around, it is extremely difficult to contain players by marking closely. But they are not. They are too static, and keep their formation too rigid. This means that when wingback get the ball, they are squard into corner with only a route to CB left who duly punts 60 yard ball back to opposition. Korea actually got attackers who can do damage to the opposition, but because they are not fundamentally coached, they don't know how to feed their weapons. Coach can't tell 27-8 year olds, how to receive ball, move without it, and pass it out. That shows general incompetence of the those who run youth academy. We use Abe as defensive unit because we are loaded with good CMs. He would be walk into Korea NT with his eyes closed.:D

rainhard

May 5, 2004
With Indonesia lose against Saudi Arabia , our fans in Palembang are planning to "terror" Saudi's team when they play against Bahrain.

I think they will change their mind and supporting Saudi :D
if Saudi win against Bahrain , draw is enough for Indonesia.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
With Indonesia lose against Saudi Arabia , our fans in Palembang are planning to "terror" Saudi's team when they play against Bahrain.

I think they will change their mind and supporting Saudi :D
if Saudi win against Bahrain , draw is enough for Indonesia.
:D

Indonesian support has been fantastic. They would have already qualified had it not been for a touch group. Having said that, I think Indonesia will get a result against Korea. I bet your coach would be salvating at the prospect of pressing those Korean midfield, with highly pumped up players backed by 90,000 fanatical supporters.

lavenderguy

Feb 28, 2005
as long as south east asia teams doing well, i have no objection..
i want malaysia to do well but....they just keep sucking on...so, forget it! i have give up for Malaysia football
But then, i am thrilled that Iraq thrashed Australia 3-1. keep them coming guys, show the aussie premiership stars what u got and it aint easy to get a ticket to the world cup via afc route..!!
like i mentioned b4, what will happen to aussie football after viduka and kewell are both retired from NT?
and as for korea, this once again proved a point that they cheated big time during the world cup 02, in 5 years time, they fall from heaven to hell....and they deserve it!!
i bet my money on the Japanese and Nakamura is my favourite asia player, he will deliver the goods..=)

rainhard

May 5, 2004
Japan have 2 Nakamuras on the field.. i wonder if they use same shirt number.
it will be not easy to man mark :D
I think Japan is the most impressive team now. They have quality in every department. Takahara as goalgetter, endo and 2 nakamura as playmaker and supplier. Nakazawa on the backline, Kawaguchi as shot stopper.

Vietnam has great chance to go through. if Vietnam draw with Japan , they both through if Qatar not win more than 1 goal. am I true?

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
Saudi Arabia 2- Indonesia 1

Indonesia played so well and were heading for a draw until a injury time goal for
the Saudis did them in , feel sorry for the Indonesian boys they gave it their all. Good luck for the final game against South Korea .
stamina is all about. in the last 10 minutes indonesian player lossed their stamina and Arab were starting to controll the game. this is a bad result. indonesia deserve a point.

media in indonesia is now attacking the referee. it is weird that the referee for indonesia arab saudi game yesterday was form UEA.

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
:D

Indonesian support has been fantastic. They would have already qualified had it not been for a touch group. Having said that, I think Indonesia will get a result against Korea. I bet your coach would be salvating at the prospect of pressing those Korean midfield, with highly pumped up players backed by 90,000 fanatical supporters.
supporters indeed increase players motivation. they play with high motivation and self confidence. they run all over the pitch like never stop. but at the end their motivation killed their stamina. at least three player injured and the rest could not run anymore.

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
4-0 thrashing of thailand even tho the result didnt show the type of match which thailand dominated most of second half. But to watch Viduka score 2 Kewell score a speedy goal and Cahill come on and make a hatrick of assits was damn good to watch. Defence looked ten times better with Milligan and Beachcamp rematch V Japan oh i cant wait. Come on Aussies!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)