The AFC Asian 2007 Cup (5 Viewers)

rainhard

May 5, 2004
things are just exploding here, Graham Arnold said that some players do not want to be here and they are not giving their best.
Kewel (who I just don't understand why hes talking as he was no better) said some players need to pull their fingers from their asses.

Things will be interesting here. But sadly things like that hinder the progress of football in here.

anyway credit to Iraq, i didn't see it in them at all. But how about that Nashat Akram,What a gun!
That is not an excuse.. the fact is Aussie lose, in my opinion Aussie player kinda underestimate other country in their group.

Suhail

An The Inter Fu**er
Dec 3, 2006
Not only him...there are many good players in the team.
:agree: yep mate ... our team is full of european based players whom all play in top respective leagues - germany,england,spain and italy ... :oops:

lets just hope that experience helps !!! :toast:

Along with the euro based players are other good players :pint: mehrzad ( in my avatar )

Iran vs china on sunday :) biggest game of the group , both teams won there opening games any predictions then juve-prince ...

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
:agree: yep mate ... our team is full of european based players whom all play in top respective leagues - germany,england,spain and italy ... :oops:

lets just hope that experience helps !!! :toast:

Along with the euro based players are other good players :pint: mehrzad ( in my avatar )

Iran vs china on sunday :) biggest game of the group , both teams won there opening games any predictions then juve-prince ...
Well, its a big game as you said...but I think Iran will win it...
I think they'll win the cup this year...

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Its weird watching Uzbek's since most of their players are white.

I love having them in the region, because they add diversity to the continent of Asia and make watching AFC a bit unique. They have always been my second favorite team.

Kazak's used to belong to AFC as well, not so long ago. They even beat us comprehensively in their home ground in the Qualifying stage of France 98. Its such a pity that they decided to join European Football instead where they are no more than whopping boys (though don't tell Serbia, Russia or whoever that drew against them in the Euro Qualifier).

No. 8 for Uzbek looks like a handy player. If he received some meaningful support and training when he was kid, I believe he could have made a nice career in the European game. Technical quality, and vision is top quality.
Dude I was joking :D

I can't respond this post, cuz I have no clue about Asian Football or Kazak's National team. Keep up the good work anyway, You are a quality poster with your own views and opinions, good member to discuss football with (I read some of them), thou they are long most of the time :p

Sorry to see you fall for that :D

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Asia Cups keep getting worse...but lol @ Australia they r so pathetic
Australia are made up of a bunch of players, the most wellknown of them play in the overrated English Premier League. But I guess to be fair the climate and moisture of the venue might be one factor of the strange results.

I'd put my money on the bundesliga players in Iranian team.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Asia Cups keep getting worse...but lol @ Australia they r so pathetic
:rofl2:

Man your UAE team so bad in the first half, it was unreal.

Anyway here is some of my intakes on the game.

We moved the ball extremely well even our standards. The ball movement was outstanding, and Endo, who wasnt highly regarded by Zico, really showed his class and tactical awareness. He is a real intelligent player, and personally one of the most underrated player in J-League. Its pity Shunsuke is in the NT, because people can't see his free-kicks in the National team.

Also, another factor that is going for us is Takahara Naohito has fully regained his form and banging in like he used to b4 he went to Germany. The guy must be the unluckiest person in the world in terms of injuries.

And Nakazawa is a real class. I am glad he became the fulcrum of our defence. Miyamoto Tsuneyoshi is a real has been and as physical as Victoria Beckam. Debut for Mizuno in a big competition is also a plus. The boy is the future of our NT. He was a bit nervous and couldnt express himself, but his vision, touch, and directness is a level above everybody else. Mizuno fulling the strings, and Morimoto providing that punch up front is truly a mouth watering prospect.

Now here are the negatives. UAE was pressing as much as we do in the local team - well if they pressed that is. At one stage endo run 15 yards to run into space, and you couldn't see a single UAE player picking him up. Sorry, but you cant play with such lax attitude at this level of play. The marking so shockingly bad. With Malaysia they got to be the worst team in tournament. Secondly, defensive spacing wasnt quite as good as it could have been. I love Abe Yuki as a player. Ability to pass, find players in space, and hit set pieces in something I highly value. But the guy is a registra a la Pirlo, which leaves Nakazawa as a only true defensive unit in that backline. Good teams like Korea, and Iran will capitalize on that. Kaji is another weakness IMO. He is kind of folklore hero but in terms of talent he isnt that great. Korea left winger looked one heck of player, with bags of trickery, crossing ability and pace. Kaji won't be good enough to stop him one on one. GK is another issue IMO. Kawaguchi swings from bad to good every second, and he is veteran. He will either be liability or match winner. Against UAE he looked like former.

I like our chances, and I feel if we play up to our best we should in it, but Korea and Iran, especially Korea, looks like they match up well in our team. If teams presses our team up, and play rough we might find it hard to move the ball as slick as we did yesterday. But if that happens, I don't think we have enough defensive presence to carry our team through.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Dude I was joking :D

I can't respond this post, cuz I have no clue about Asian Football or Kazak's National team. Keep up the good work anyway, You are a quality poster with your own views and opinions, good member to discuss football with (I read some of them), thou they are long most of the time :p

Sorry to see you fall for that :D
:D

Got to follow your comment with a heck of long post. (Just take that as a jubilation)

ararossi

Jun 6, 2007
Saudi Arabia 2- Indonesia 1

Indonesia played so well and were heading for a draw until a injury time goal for
the Saudis did them in , feel sorry for the Indonesian boys they gave it their all. Good luck for the final game against South Korea .

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Iran's keeper is having a mare. Thanks to him China is leading 2:1. First freekick was a shocker.

Having said that China more than deserved their lead. They pressed hard, and kept tempo fast in contrast to Iran, and organised their defence well.

Jandi (Spelling?)`s freekick was a screamer. He hasnt impressed me at all in last two games, and bang he comes up with a beauty. Hashemian needs to play better. He is a liability up front. And Temourian, what good player in the middle of park. He does little thing extremely well.

China surely can't keep their work rate for the entire match. I feel Iran will get an equaliser.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Iran's keeper is having a mare. Thanks to him China is leading 2:1. First freekick was a shocker.

Having said that China more than deserved their lead. They pressed hard, and kept tempo fast in contrast to Iran, and organised their defence well.

Jandi (Spelling?)`s freekick was a screamer. He hasnt impressed me at all in last two games, and bang he comes up with a beauty. Hashemian needs to play better. He is a liability up front. And Temourian, what good player in the middle of park. He does little thing extremely well.

China surely can't keep their work rate for the entire match. I feel Iran will get an equaliser.
And they have equalised.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)