Thank god! (2 Viewers)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by PersianMafia ] ++
According to your theory, we should sell Trez, DP, Legro, Thuram basically all of Juve bar Buffon and Zambro for having a bad season. Montero is a MORE than capable sub who knows the Italian game too well. Iuliano is just excess once we get anew CB. :undecide:
Zambrotta was the only one of the regulars who did not dissapoint last year.

On the contrary even, he really sprung on to the scene as arguebly the best left back out there. Performing great in midfield as well throughout the season.
His performances earned him a place in serie A's best 11 of the season.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
its time for him to leave though. he is 33/34 years old now is he not? he wont start at juve anymore and if moggi can gain some funds for him, he should do so.

i respect what he has done for the club, a true champion in his prime, but he's time is up. i hope he does regain form and play well for fiorentina because its something which he cant do now for juve IMO.

iuliano and pessotto next....time for some new defenders to come in.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Yea we shud sell Montero. I guess moggi will then accomplish his goal of being a starter for Juve. After selling half the squad and not buying ne replacements.

Aug 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

BOTH Montero and Iuliano should go, and as a matter of fact the latter was better than the former last season. BOTH of them are past it and BOTH of them should be sold IMO. I know that without the two of them and Tudor we'll be lacking depth at the back, but as far as I'm concerned the thing to do was to buy AT LEAST two top quality centre backs. As it is we'll be lucky if we get one.
So just because Montero had ONE friggin horrible season it's all over ? Iuliano had been nothing for ages, and Montero just screwed up ONE season. I know the guy is old but seriously, we shouldn't just let him off the hook after one bad season. I'm not saying that we should take him as our most valuable player or anything, but selling him off to Fiorentina straightaway IMO is far fetched. Who are we to say he is past it ? Because he had ONE bad season he's past it ? Boy then many players in this world are 'past it' .

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Ferrari^M ] ++
I would like to question that ONE bad season.

IMHO he was crap the last three...
two seasons ago he and ferrara were our main center backs. we reached cl final and rather easily topped serie a. go support arsenal or milan.

Aug 1, 2003
I take 'sallymontero' as a compliment :stuckup: :D

Seriously, I know most of us agree that PM is past his prime etc... but really, come to think of it it was just one horrible season (and it wasn't him alone you know. the whole team sucked.)

Ferrari^M

Sep 3, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++

two seasons ago he and ferrara were our main center backs. we reached cl final and rather easily topped serie a. go support arsenal or milan.
A team is made up of so many players.

With what you say in mind, i can tell to every DP Trez or any other player's critic that, hey look that year the team went well, so not one player was crap.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++

So just because Montero had ONE friggin horrible season it's all over ? Iuliano had been nothing for ages, and Montero just screwed up ONE season. I know the guy is old but seriously, we shouldn't just let him off the hook after one bad season. I'm not saying that we should take him as our most valuable player or anything, but selling him off to Fiorentina straightaway IMO is far fetched. Who are we to say he is past it ? Because he had ONE bad season he's past it ? Boy then many players in this world are 'past it' .
If Montero had one bad season and he was 26 I'd say give him another shot, but his career is nearly over ffs. He's far too slow to keep up with today's top strikers and when someone goes by him he resorts to reckless challenges which leave us in 10 men for the remainder of the game, eg. Roma 4-0 Juve last season. Paolo used to be a world-class player and I thank him for everything he has given to this club, but IMO, not yours, but mine, he has given us all he has to give.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

If Montero had one bad season and he was 26 I'd say give him another shot, but his career is nearly over ffs. He's far too slow to keep up with today's top strikers and when someone goes by him he resorts to reckless challenges which leave us in 10 men for the remainder of the game, eg. Roma 4-0 Juve last season. Paolo used to be a world-class player and I thank him for everything he has given to this club, but IMO, not yours, but mine, he has given us all he has to give.
Your opinion is respectable, but the vast majority will prefer to stick to Capello`s opinion, who still considers Montero one of our best CB and the leader of our defense...

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++
Your opinion is respectable, but the vast majority will prefer to stick to Capello`s opinion, who still considers Montero one of our best CB and the leader of our defense...
Nah, I'm with Stu. To be honest I'm kind of sick of seeing Tacchinardi's clumsy tackles and lack of pace. He just doesn't look as good as he used to without Edgar to do his dirtywork. I've been saying this for yonks, and he confirmed my worst fears with his performance against Djurgarden

Aug 1, 2003
It's not like I adore montero or anything. Ok, maybe I do, but I just get irritated with people who over bash Montero (and I don't mean you Stu) and it seems they all forget what kind of player he is. He really sucked last year but it was just one season, and yet we don't give this kind of treatment to Iuliano or Tacchinardi who did nothing exceptional for god knows how long.

regardless of montero's condition we still need new defenders anyway :sob:

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
the reason why many bash montero more than tacch/iuliano imo is because his mistakes really cost us dear last season.in fact i'd go so far as to say he probably cost us a good 6-8 points last season.tacch and iuliano,meanwhile,have been crap but not pivotal in the team's fate.

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
the reason why many bash montero more than tacch/iuliano imo is because his mistakes really cost us dear last season.in fact i'd go so far as to say he probably cost us a good 6-8 points last season.tacch and iuliano,meanwhile,have been crap but not pivotal in the team's fate.

tacch / iuliano have gone more with the flow while montero was one step ahead of them ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)