Thank god! (1 Viewer)

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
I'd like to keep Montero too if he wasn't the liability that he is today. The thing is that it wasn't just last season wich was horrendous he's been going downwards for the last 3, take a look at the goals we let in not just last season but 02-03 too. On about half of them you'll see Montero being too late or mistimed in his tackles. He's just not good enough anymore, it's as simple as that.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Well Im not sure about Montero, I mean I also tougth that we should get rid of him, but after the way he played in Copa America with Uruguay (where he was in the ideal eleven of the tournament) I0m not that sure anymore... I would say, if we can get a better and younger defender, I guess it would be ok to sell him, if not lets keep him...
Now on Iuliano its another case, get rid of him, I don't care :D

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
our wage bill would be trimmed a welcome bit with his departure.that said,i'm experiencing mixed feelings about his departure;i'm relieved,yet sad to see such a great player go.

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
I say keep Montero and sell Iuliano or Tudor, Montero is still a good defender or at least better the those two I mentioned.

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
IMO Iuliano was our best (least crappy) central defender last season and deserves to stay. He doesn't commit as many mistakes as a couple of seasons ago and no more unnecessary cards. He's good enough for the bench.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
A lot of ignorant opinions in here.. sell him, sell Iuliano, sell tudor, sell ferrara heck sell them all then who are you gonna play...! He might be ageing past his best or whatever but to say he's the worst defender in our squad is criminal when you have the blundering idiot tudor and Legrotaglie who's too busy doing his hair to ever be half decent!

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Nekton ] ++
IMO Iuliano was our best (least crappy) central defender last season and deserves to stay. He doesn't commit as many mistakes as a couple of seasons ago and no more unnecessary cards. He's good enough for the bench.

I dissagree, he's a a complete liability. Cant mark, cant play the offside trap. He was shite every time he played. IMO he was even worse than Montero.

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
A lot of ignorant opinions in here.. sell him, sell Iuliano, sell tudor, sell ferrara heck sell them all then who are you gonna play...! He might be ageing past his best or whatever but to say he's the worst defender in our squad is criminal when you have the blundering idiot tudor and Legrotaglie who's too busy doing his hair to ever be half decent!
There's an unbiased opinion, eh Tom? :angel:

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
I dissagree, he's a a complete liability. Cant mark, cant play the offside trap. He was shite every time he played. IMO he was even worse than Montero.
I guess here's were we differ then :)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Nekton ] ++
There's an unbiased opinion, eh Tom? :angel:
Damn straight! :D

but seriously how people can be so ignorant and disrespectful to a player who has served us superbly for years now is quite sickening :(

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
Damn straight! :D

but seriously how people can be so ignorant and disrespectful to a player who has served us superbly for years now is quite sickening :(
I consider him to be our worst central defender right now. I don't see how his past should influence that at all. I respect him for what he's done for the club but it's time to let him go cause quite frankly my heart can't take seeing him in the juveshirt anymore.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Well he's been a great servant for the Club, but I think its time for him to move on. Did I put it nicely enough? :D
Thank you Andy :kiss:

;)

Magnus, I'm perfectly happy for people to have an opinion like the one you expressed, and its a fair point though I disagree he's our worst defender at present. Its the people saying

"get out!"
"thank god"

etc that is pissing me off :)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Thank you Andy :kiss:

;)

Magnus, I'm perfectly happy for people to have an opinion like the one you expressed, and its a fair point though I disagree he's our worst defender at present. Its the people saying

"get out!"
"thank god"

etc that is pissing me off :)
No prob. :D

But yeah, a player who has helped win several competitions for Juve deserves a little more respect than that.

Sep 14, 2003
I'm sorry, but I lost all respect for Montero after our game against Inter at the San Siro, we already effectively start matches with 10 when Del Piero plays, we don't need a player with the highest red card record.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
i want to keep montero. guess only tom would agree with me. sell iuliano, tudor.
I also agree with you...I like the player and still believe he might be an asset for the team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)