Terrorism (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
http://www.truthout.org/docs_04/101704A.shtml

its an interesting article, easy to read.
In the Oval Office in December 2002, the president met with a few ranking senators and members of the House, both Republicans and Democrats. In those days, there were high hopes that the United States-sponsored "road map" for the Israelis and Palestinians would be a pathway to peace, and the discussion that wintry day was, in part, about countries providing peacekeeping forces in the region. The problem, everyone agreed, was that a number of European countries, like France and Germany, had armies that were not trusted by either the Israelis or Palestinians. One congressman - the Hungarian-born Tom Lantos, a Democrat from California and the only Holocaust survivor in Congress - mentioned that the Scandinavian countries were viewed more positively. Lantos went on to describe for the president how the Swedish Army might be an ideal candidate to anchor a small peacekeeping force on the West Bank and the Gaza Strip. Sweden has a well-trained force of about 25,000. The president looked at him appraisingly, several people in the room recall.

"I don't know why you're talking about Sweden," Bush said. "They're the neutral one. They don't have an army."

Lantos paused, a little shocked, and offered a gentlemanly reply: "Mr. President, you may have thought that I said Switzerland. They're the ones that are historically neutral, without an army." Then Lantos mentioned, in a gracious aside, that the Swiss do have a tough national guard to protect the country in the event of invasion.

Bush held to his view. "No, no, it's Sweden that has no army."

The room went silent, until someone changed the subject.

A few weeks later, members of Congress and their spouses gathered with administration officials and other dignitaries for the White House Christmas party. The president saw Lantos and grabbed him by the shoulder. "You were right," he said, with bonhomie. "Sweden does have an army."

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Thousands of Iraqi civilians have been kidnapped and later killed by insurgents over the last several months. Of course I don't say Bin Laden is behind this, but what is the purpose of kidnapping and killing Iraqi people who have nothing and have already suffered greatly, first under Saddam and then because of the war?

May 17, 2003
OMG...Ure all Numb Nuts...Seriously... Its all gone around ure heads....All of U....Look, There's this song BY Imortal Technique, but i forgot the name..Has anyone herd it?? Dat song is da bomb..It explains everything bout this topic.. Well, if u havent, DL it now, find out about it, listen to its lyrics, and beleave it. Do it now, Before u waste more valuable parts of Ure brains tryna figure out "who's right", and "who's wrong"... Dat song explains everything thats goin on in dis topic. Thats the right shit.. get it now..Seriously..All u freaks (i appologise) are brain washed, and has gone under the influence of dat bastard bush. Dont listen to him, or anyone else thats goin around and framing other peeps. Its All Bush And the CIA. GET THE FU**IN SONG NOW, AND BELEAVE EVERY WORD OF IT. And stop acting like ure Bush's pet. FULL FUC*IN STOP.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Padovano ] ++
Thousands of Iraqi civilians have been kidnapped and later killed by insurgents over the last several months. Of course I don't say Bin Laden is behind this, but what is the purpose of kidnapping and killing Iraqi people who have nothing and have already suffered greatly, first under Saddam and then because of the war?
Yes. Those kidnapping, decapitating insurgents are indeed terrorists who deserve nothing less than death.

I just don't see how they are a threat to our national security.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by only_juve_4ever ] ++
OMG...Ure all Numb Nuts...Seriously... Its all gone around ure heads....All of U....Look, There's this song BY Imortal Technique, but i forgot the name..Has anyone herd it?? Dat song is da bomb..It explains everything bout this topic.. Well, if u havent, DL it now, find out about it, listen to its lyrics, and beleave it. Do it now, Before u waste more valuable parts of Ure brains tryna figure out "who's right", and "who's wrong"... Dat song explains everything thats goin on in dis topic. Thats the right shit.. get it now..Seriously..All u freaks (i appologise) are brain washed, and has gone under the influence of dat bastard bush. Dont listen to him, or anyone else thats goin around and framing other peeps. Its All Bush And the CIA. GET THE FU**IN SONG NOW, AND BELEAVE EVERY WORD OF IT. And stop acting like ure Bush's pet. FULL FUC*IN STOP.
If you want people to believe your lies, set them to music - Eduard Keller.

I'm not necessarily saying that you or the song are wrong, but I've never trusted music as a reliable source of information. It comes packaged with too many emotions.

Dec 27, 2003
++ [ originally posted by DukeVonEggwaffle? ] ++

Ignorance is not a trait to be proud of, Vinman.
Amen. I can't believe young guys on this forum who are "getting political" (not meant in a derogatory way, mind you) are labelled as racist for expressing their fear and dislike of Bush (which of course automatically qualifies them as "Anti-American") while the supposedly grown-ups get away with calling Koreans "ungrateful bastards" or Bosnia "Russia's *****" (and showing their blatant ignorance of what happens outside their area code in the process).

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Besides implementing American Football as the top sport, we will also make Philly Cheesesteak subs the Official Cuisine of Sweden.

wtf is that? :wth:

++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
Sweden has an army ?????
To fight what ???? The cold ???!!!!!!!!!!!!
Actually 25% of all Swedes are army trained. But I don't know if your contries got something like it, but in Sweden we call it Lumpen. :) Its no good anyways, we probably have like 5 guns and a peacepipe.

And its not that cold in sweden!! Sure it can go down too -15 degrees C° in the winters, but thats rare. It can also go over +30 C° in the summers!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by only_juve_4ever ] ++
Who is going to take your advice? That's one of the most worthless pieces of information I've ever seen, and if you base all your opinions on a song, God help your soul.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Kaiser Franco ] ++

Amen. I can't believe young guys on this forum who are "getting political" (not meant in a derogatory way, mind you) are labelled as racist for expressing their fear and dislike of Bush (which of course automatically qualifies them as "Anti-American") while the supposedly grown-ups get away with calling Koreans "ungrateful bastards" or Bosnia "Russia's *****" (and showing their blatant ignorance of what happens outside their area code in the process).

Obviously, being a Milanista, you only see 1 side of a story...........

I'm not the only American here to be fed up with the anti-American slants against us, and its not just about Bush

I stand by what I said, and if you dont like it, tough shit Milanista.....

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Padovano ] ++
Because Iraq was held together under Saddam not unlike Yugoslavia was held together under Tito. You take away the iron fist rule, and the divisions between Sunni and Shiite Arabs and Kurds all comes out to the fore. It's civil war, folks -- the most common kind of war there is these days. Terrorism has nothing to do with it.

Dec 27, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

Obviously, being a Milanista, you only see 1 side of a story...........

I'm not the only American here to be fed up with the anti-American slants against us, and its not just about Bush

I stand by what I said, and if you dont like it, tough shit Milanista.....
You re-affirm that Bosnia was Russia's b*itch during the Cold War then? Okkk.

Anti-American slants? I don't seem to recall anyone stereotyping or diminishing the American people or way of living here, which is pretty much what you have done against other nationalities. What's next? Calling the French "cheese-eating surrender monkies"? It's amazing how you interprete attacks on Bush as attacks on all Americans. Independently from the fact that I like him or not, I would hardly feel personally insulted by someone who criticises Berlusconi.

What on earth does the fact that I support Milan have to do with this anyway?

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
It's more convenient for them to think of us as anti-American (How insulting, being that I am an American!!?), because that makes our views illegitimate.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
WTF has this thread been about ????

If you are short of memory, go back to page 1 and start reading........

Its alright to critisize my country, the government, etc...but when I do the same to your countries, you cry foul....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)