Terrorism (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emma

Mar 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by DukeVonEggwaffle? ] ++
yeah whatever you dont have to defend her she can defend herself.

a couple years back i argued about football quite a bit. most of my posts were football-related and whenever i spoke to shadowfax (then known as respaul) he wasnt respectful. maybe she was trying to get a response out of him. you think he might hate women?

ive been meaning to get rid of the eggwaffle gig for a while now.
I dont know, dont really care :D

I liked Paul, he always seemed to be cool with me but probably hated me :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Emma ] ++

Yes he did. I searched and found his thread asking to delete his account. Looking for some 'oh please dont go' that didnt come perhaps :D
That had nothing to do with River. River was not involved in any of those discussions.

He was not looking for any sympathy....someone made a completely ignorant comment that wasnt appreciated. It also had nothing to do with football.

Apr 12, 2004
Okay, well I am going to attempt to get back on topic, even though I know I am not supposed to revive these threads, but, sorry. Here goes:

I read today in the paper in my local town that the US was accused of paying local Iraqi tv stations and newspaper publicators to provide stories which showed President bush in good taste.

i was wondering if any of thiose in the Middle East had heard of this, and what you all think about it.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Torkel said:
Haven't seen the film so won't comment on that, just want to reming everyone that 9/11 was good for president Bush. Nothing works as well for a president or sitting leader as a common enemy to figth against, remember the UK and the Falklands. Bush's approval ratings were over 70% for a while after 9/11.
And look at where those approval ratings are now...absolutely positively down the toilet.

Reading back at some of the posts in this thread I can't help but laugh...especially at those who stated Bush employs Osama Bin Laden.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
ßömßärdiër said:
Okay, well I am going to attempt to get back on topic, even though I know I am not supposed to revive these threads, but, sorry. Here goes:

I read today in the paper in my local town that the US was accused of paying local Iraqi tv stations and newspaper publicators to provide stories which showed President bush in good taste.

i was wondering if any of thiose in the Middle East had heard of this, and what you all think about it.
lol, it's funny how articles like this are needed to show Americans what's really going on there. This was not hard to figure out.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
How exactly is it "funny?" It's not like every American can travel to Iraq and see for themselves, or tune into Al Jazeera with their sound understanding of Arabic.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
RochemBeck said:
How exactly is it "funny?" It's not like every American can travel to Iraq and see for themselves, or tune into Al Jazeera with their sound understanding of Arabic.
I've never been to Iraq, and I don't understand arabic neither. It's common sense, when a country takes over another country, it doesn't do it in a "goodie-two-shoes" way, it's naive to believe that.

Apr 12, 2004
Sound understanding of how i would rather live in the South of Argentina where it is really cold than go to war and firght for this country.

I hate how this country is run, if I was president, first thing I would do would be to make a land bridge from Baltimore and Boston to France and Nigeria.

Sort of like that shit on the map on RISK.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Zé Tahir said:
I've never been to Iraq, and I don't understand arabic neither. It's common sense, when a country takes over another country, it doesn't do it in a "goodie-two-shoes" way, it's naive to believe that.
How is that a case of common sense? That is like Moggi lying to the media about a specific transfer and then calling it funny how a specific group of people didn't realize it because one thinks its common sense. That makes no sense.

You cant expect everybody to know what is happening in another country...especially when the news is only reported in that country.

Apr 12, 2004
RochemBeck said:
How is that a case of common sense? That is like Moggi lying to the media about a specific transfer and then calling it funny how a specific group of people didn't realize it because one thinks its common sense. That makes no sense.

You cant expect everybody to know what is happening in another country...especially when the news is only reported in that country.

Exactly, I think that we can only believe or realize what we see on tv and read in the bloody newspapers, we can't think about it on our own, we can't do what Andy said and go over there on our own, well i could, but i don't want to be on Al Jazeera begging for my life and have my fucking head cut off.

The point is, we as a people need to start thinking for ourselves and start making our own opinons instead of believing every single thing we read or see, take it all in moderstion.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
No weapons of mass destruction. No ties to Al Queda. No hoardes of thankful Iraqis, welcoming American troops with open arms to save them and show them the way to American-style democracy. A secular regime we originally help put in power, while brutally totalitarian (but since when has that stopped us in Central America?), replaced with strong movements towards an Iranian-style theocracy.

The Bush administration slot machine pulled up three lemons on this one.

Outside of the fact that I believe that Paul Wolfowitz should be hung from a gas station and have his carcass torn apart a la Mussolini for his ineptitude in this, I really am going to lobby my state senators to officially change the California state motto from the "Eureka!" State to the "We Told You So, But You Just Wouldn't Listen, Would You?" State.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)