Terrorism (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Sergio ] ++

However, the difference being is that this thread is mainly targeted against one country and goverment, the United States, which is all fine and dandy if you are against that country/people/government, however to some people on this forum this thread is the epitome of racism, which if I remember correctly is strictly prohibited here.
It's like the U.S. against the World, which it shouldn't be. I have to agree though, as some people here like to mock the current situation, and can't stop throwing out his/her own biased opinions against the U.S. You know who you are.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Andy, I'm not trying to stir the pot here.

I'm simply conveying my opinion and feelings on this. If we want to talk about a GLOBAL solution to the war on terror, fine. But we don't need to hear over and over again about how the US is fucking everything up, when we are the only ones, along with our closest allies, that are trying to do something about it.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Andy, I'm not trying to stir the pot here.

I'm simply conveying my opinion and feelings on this. If we want to talk about a GLOBAL solution to the war on terror, fine. But we don't need to hear over and over again about how the US is fucking everything up, when we are the only ones, along with our closest allies, that are trying to do something about it.
Thats exactly what I mean. ;)

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

It's like the U.S. against the World, which it shouldn't be. I have to agree though, as some people here like to mock the current situation, and can't stop throwing out his/her own biased opinions against the U.S. You know who you are.
I can only speak for myself here and I don't hate US. I just don't like how Bush is handeling the situation and it is US against the world in the world at the moment cos the world don't like Bush.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
However, the difference being is that this thread is mainly targeted against one country and goverment, the United States, which is all fine and dandy if you are against that country/people/government, however to some people on this forum this thread is the epitome of racism, which if I remember correctly is strictly prohibited here.
I don't see how someone argueing against US policy is racist. If I see a racist post here, I'll delete it. If I see a number of them, I'll padlock the thread. Simple as that.

You have a point though - if this degenerates into a "Bush is right" "No he's not, you w@nker" style of thread, it goes.

Nick against the World thread is mostly a genuinely positive thread except for the occasional imbecile who decides to make a futile attempt to bark up the wrong tree from time to time.
I haven't seen a single page in there I wouldn't close a thread for. ;) It's a lot worse than you're letting on Pado.

I'm pretty sure that people would object highly to an anti-Muslim, or anti-Christian, or even a pro-Us or pro-Bush thread.
There have been Christian thread here, which were on the whole balanced, reasonable discussions. We don't strictly allow that either IIRC, but it was let pass because it was reasonable. Pro-Bush threads would lbe little more than a slagging match. I've already said that that won't last.

The question is this, and its one that needs to be asked:

Even if the US is handling this war on terrorism in not the best of ways, what exactly are other countries out there doing about the war on terrorism?
Not making new terrorists.

My two cents.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
A lot worse that what, John???

That thread is a release valve for some of the members on this forum, to talk about whatever they like.

That has been the premise of that thread for nearly 10 months now. And it wasn't Pado who made that post. The least you can do is get your American members right :D

And in regards to your thinking on a Pro-Bush thread being nothing more than a slagging match, you're probably right. However, if an Anti-Bush thread popped up, you can guarantee that it would last a lot longer, because the mob mentality would swarm in, and anyone who would defend Bush would be ostracized.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #849
    Mikhail is right, just because we dont like Bush or his policies or how the US is handeling the whole "War on terror" situation doesnt mean we're Anti-US, nor racist.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Do we need 43 pages worth of it, though?

How about discussing a global solution, not just lamenting on how the US is screwing everything up?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Do we need 43 pages worth of it, though?

How about discussing a global solution, not just lamenting on how the US is screwing everything up?
    No, they can't. Blaming the U.S. for everything that goes wrong is too easy to do. :rolleyes:

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #852
    We dont blame the US for everything that goes wrong... but most of it, yes, it's your fault :D ;)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    Serge,

Your correct in your synopsis of this anti-American bullcrap, you've given me an idea-

lets start an anti- radical muslim thread, so we can take out OUR frustrations on these scumbags trying to get into our country, and destroy our way of living..........................

I have to deal with looking out for these pieces of shit everyday at my job, now its time for me, and others to vent our frustrations with these evil bastards.............................................

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #854
    Well, you could do that, but I dont think calling muslims pieces of shit and scumbags would go down with the mods :rolleyes:

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
    I have to deal with looking out for these pieces of shit everyday at my job, now its time for me, and others to vent our frustrations with these evil bastards.............................................
    What do you mean? Terrorists are hanging out around your workplace?

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++

I haven't seen a single page in there I wouldn't close a thread for. ;) It's a lot worse than you're letting on Pado.
    NOT MY QUOTE SCHOOL BOY. I have no idea what you are on about. If you are going to quote, you should not delete the poster's name. And that, school boy, is my two-cents worth.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
    Serge,

Your correct in your synopsis of this anti-American bullcrap, you've given me an idea-
    Why is it that anybody who asks questions and/or is critical of our government's foreign policy is branded as "anti-American", or even "unpatriotic" (If American)?

Wasn't our country built by people who dared to ask "why?" and "how can it get better?"

For those of us who are not Amercian and are still asking why, I think they're vioices shouldn't be considered as much (with all due respect), but they still shouldn't be shut out. We are the world's most influential country and we do affect the lives of people around the world in all aspects from entertainment to business to food...you name it.

Why is someone who feels sorry for innocent Iraqi children automatically branded (and not to mention, insulted), by people like you, as disrespectful to 9-11 victims?

Is your world narrow enough that it could only include one set of victims?

lets start an anti- radical muslim thread, so we can take out OUR frustrations on these scumbags trying to get into our country, and destroy our way of living..........................
    1. By all means, If it makes you feel better go ahead. Start that thread. I don't think we have any radical muslim terrorists here. We do have a lot of people critical of the US's actions, but I don't see how these two groups are exactly the same. Then again, this idea of a thread won't get very argumentative since nobody here thinks highly of terrorists. So, you could probibly save Martin some data space and open up MS Word or Notepad and type up your frustrations there.

2. It's really interestig how you pointed out: "trying to get into our country, and destroy our way of living" as being a negative action. Did you ever think that Iraqis and many other countires maybe asking that same question?

3. What many here think of the USA is not what you think about terrorists. The world isn't black and white. People are not either "WITH ME OR AGAISNT ME." That mentality should have ended by the time you reached the age where people weren't catigorized into either "the good guys" or "the evil bad guys/enimies." (Note if you're a bit slow on this: I'm talking about the members here, not terrorists)

It's actually quite comforting that they keep cops and other law enforcement people like yourself paranoid. It keeps you guys on your toes to catch people who really are terrorists. I'm actually greatfull for this short-term job/solution that people like you are doing. I can only imagine the types of things that they feed you though.

It's just a shame that they make honest hardworking people like you who want security in this land so negative, so evil-assuming with a "guilty till proven innocent" mentality on people. You may argue that it's a dirty job and someone has to do it, and i'll mostly agree, but it's a shame that our gov.'s choices are making your job tougher, our fellow citizens unsafer, our Arab/Muslim citizens violated (See Patriot Act), and our country looked down upon all because of our foreign policy.

EDIT: I'd also like to add that I do agree that US members here have been taking a lot, but I also understand where it comes from and how it only means that we're very influential and a lot is expected from the USA.

Also, if we were to name the faults of our nations in threads like these, then we'd go on for ever and I don't think anyone's denying this.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    Well, you could do that, but I dont think calling muslims pieces of shit and scumbags would go down with the mods :rolleyes:
    Zlatan, get a grip. You're assuming too much.

He said "radicals" look up that word.

I'm pretty sure he meant "extremists."

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)