Terrorism (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Yeah, I'm sure this girl gave two shits about what happened on 9/11. She was just infidel trash that deserved to die, right?
Are you a F*cking asshole ?????

Why dont you show the American soldiers in the street getting picked off by RPG's and roadside bombs, while all their trying to do is help get this country back on its feet.

Do they deserve to die ???????

How about these "cowards" beheading innocent ppl ???????

Your Korean, right ???? Probably from South Korea, I assume...

WHY DONT WE GET OUR F*CKING TROOPS OUT OF SOUTH KOREA, AND LET THE NORTH HAVE ITS WAY WITH YOUR PPL. I'M SURE YOU"D LIKE THAT, WOULDNT YOU ???!!!

WERE KEEPING YOUR RELATIVES SAFE YOU UNGRATEFUL BASTARD !!!!!

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

Why dont you show the American soldiers in the street getting picked off by RPG's and roadside bombs, while all their trying to do is help get this country back on its feet.

WHY DONT WE GET OUR F*CKING TROOPS OUT OF SOUTH KOREA, AND LET THE NORTH HAVE ITS WAY WITH YOUR PPL. I'M SURE YOU"D LIKE THAT, WOULDNT YOU ???!!!

Have you even read the last few pages of this thread? Do you even know what my point of view is? I never said that I don't feel sorry for the victims of 9/11, have a look at the September 11 thread and notice that I stepped in to defend the mourning of the tragedy.

I was saying that I don't think civilians from any country deserve to die more than civilians from any other. Did I even talk about the cowards beheading innocent people? I'm not bloody defending their actions. I'm simply saying that the actions of the government of a country should not affect people's judgment of innocent civilians

Actually my descent is North Korean, but your point is valid to a certain extent. You're correct in saying that the US presence in South Korea is the only thing stopping Seoul from being conquered within 10 minutes by Pyongyang forces, and I'm grateful for that.

However, you can't say that America's sole objective is to protect the Korean people. South Korea has been the USA's foothold in Asia for a long time now, whether you want to say that the US has nothing to gain from Korea and only wants to improve their relationship with China.

Furthermore, you're only told half the story about the behaviour of American soldiers stationed in Korea. I'm sure CNN doesn't broadcast the news about American soldiers raping Korean women and running over schoolgirls with tanks when they weren't even supposed to be on patrol. It's not an isolated incident either. In the space of 30 years, 50 000 crimes were committed by US soldiers from 1967 to 1998. Out of those crimes, Korea was able to exercise its jurisdiction in only 234 of them. Amongst them, 84 soldiers were convicted of rape, and 89 of murder and robbery.

Sure, you can say that Koreans commit crimes in Korea all the time, but for a country that claims to be so high and mighty for protecting a nation, it's not the type of behaviour that's expected.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
If the USA is serious about addressing terrorism aimed at the USA, then it must :

A. Stop its blind approval of every Israeli act against Palestine, and show some objectivity and at least pretend to care about Palestinian human rights;

B. End all support of the brutal Saud monarchy in the Arabian peninsula. This family is no friend to either the USA or Arab people; and

C. Re-evaluate its relationship with the current regime in Egypt.

After getting it so wrong by supporting the Shah in Iran, creating and supporting Saddam Hussein in Iraq, and thinking that the Saud family and Mr. Mubarek are good friends to have, it is no wonder that Muslims are anti-American. By finally making a right choice, and dumping these bums, the Arab world would in turn change it's attitude toward America. And, as a bonus, it's the right thing to do.

Aug 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by _Emerson ] ++

afghanistan, iraq, etc whats the difference, war is war, if Saddam had done what he was supposed to do for UN, then it would never have getten this far, but what can you expect from a man who kills thousands of his own ppl.
sure. lets bomb the whole middle east sect. whats the difference right. :rolleyes:

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
Both Saddam and Osama are Sunni muslims.....

so they do have much in common................
there are millions more Sunni Muslims in this world, but that doesnt mean they are all the same as those two....

in fact, relegion is one of the main reason why they wont even agree with each other. while Bin Laden is a purely an islamic extremist, Saddam Hussein never uphold islam as a way of life ... to associate with saddam hussein would conflict with every purpose Bin Laden have in doing what he does...

Could Saddam have cleared out his stash and sent it to Iran and Syria, while we f*cked around with the UN for 5 months to get their approval ????

I think so...

Its like going on a police raid, banging on door, while the jokers flush their stash down the toilet

i dont think it would be that easy for Saddam to move all those WMD with the world watch him closely in the heights before the war... if he had them he would have used them already ....

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001

Come on Vinnie thats way out of order. Posts like that just provide excuses for these sort of threads to be closed, which personally i don't want to happen.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

How about these "cowards" beheading innocent ppl ???????...
In attempt to keep this in the constructive and, shall we say, less in the personal insult, territory... taking a step back here. If the Americans are truly in Iraq only to help the Iraqi people and offer their lives on the line to do so, why is there such widespread resistance in Iraq? Shouldn't this be a much easier sell than it is? It's a fundamental question with an answer that should hopefully save a lot of American, and Iraqi, lives.

If you believe this is not going well (and I think you'd be hard pressed to say it was), you either have to question that we're either:
a) not doing a very effective job of communicating that message .... and/or
b) that this message of the U.S. in it purely to support Iraqi freedom and independence is something that is actually being heard, but that a great deal of Iraqi people either don't believe it or don't accept what they think it would mean to them.

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

Come on Vinnie thats way out of order. Posts like that just provide excuses for these sort of threads to be closed, which personally i don't want to happen.
GO ahead vinman (but not with Gray ;)).let this damn thread closed :fero:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
It's like the same reason Nick against the World isn't closed. It's like a release valve for the crap people want to say about topics about which we'd have to close countless threads

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
It's like the same reason Nick against the World isn't closed. It's like a release valve for the crap people want to say about topics about which we'd have to close countless threads
Which is far from saying that it can't be closed. It's just got a bit more leeway than usual.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
However, the difference being is that this thread is mainly targeted against one country and goverment, the United States, which is all fine and dandy if you are against that country/people/government, however to some people on this forum this thread is the epitome of racism, which if I remember correctly is strictly prohibited here.

Nick against the World thread is mostly a genuinely positive thread except for the occasional imbecile who decides to make a futile attempt to bark up the wrong tree from time to time.

Look, we get it. The majority of the people on this forum are Anti-US. We, as Americans here on this forum, are more than intelligent enough to see that.

However, we don't need 40+ pages of it, be it on this thread or others of the like.

The problem is that since the overwhelming majority of people on this thread share those views, the chances of this thread or any other thread that has the anti-US sentiment will never be closed down. Look, I'm not making any sort of request for people to shut this down. This can be a constructive thread if the matter of a world solution to terrorism is discussed, not some 21st century mud slinging battle across continents where past atrocities, dictatorships, et al are repeated and repeated ad nauseum.

I'm pretty sure that people would object highly to an anti-Muslim, or anti-Christian, or even a pro-Us or pro-Bush thread. But you would never see any of those types of threads being created, just out of respect for an individuals beliefs, nationality, or race. Its not too much to ask that the same amount of respect be shown towards your American brethren on this forum.

I am not trying to be the "voice" of the American particpants on this forum, however, since I am on a significant dose of Vicadin, I feel that I can be the most calming voice right now:D

My opinion on the Iraq war is this.

If our motive was to confront and eliminate terrorism, then we attacked the wrong country. waging war on the most secular of Arab nations in your hunt for fundamental Islamic terrorists makes little to no sense whatsoever. However, I support the troops wholeheartedly in the mission that they've been ordered to carry out, and yes, I DO have a personal stake in this, as two of my close friends, one of them being my brother-in-law's younger brother, and the other being someone I've taken the 9 hour ride to Montreal with on more than a few occasions to watch our Canadiens play are currently stationed in Iraq.

The question is this, and its one that needs to be asked:

Even if the US is handling this war on terrorism in not the best of ways, what exactly are other countries out there doing about the war on terrorism?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Anybody here like white powdery substances?
I used to love it.

I put a few drug lords' kids through college.:D

Are we talking about the same white powdery substance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)