Techno, Trance & House - Reborn (6 Viewers)

Geof

May 14, 2004
have you/anyone seen the Berlin Calling movie? Been wondering whether its worth getting.

The soundtrack is pretty good, worth checking out
I saw it and loved it. Paul Kalkbrenner is a surprisingly good actor, and Hannes Stöhr did a very good job directing him.

I was the movie in a preview in Belgium (it didn't come out in regular theatres) and had a chat with Hannes Stöhr after the film. Turns out he's a heavy clubber too; or at least he was in his younger days. He told me that nowadays he wakes up on a sunday morning, has breakfast and then goes to the afterparties. :lol:

If you know Berlin a bit, especially the club scene, you'll probably appreciate it more; but in any case it's a good movie, and the soundtrack is just brilliant.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
yes i live in derby i live in normanton road which club do you dj? is it zinsibar or coyoto if you point me i am coming this weekend
Didnt realise we had another derby juventino dance fan in the world!!! haha. Well I DJ in a bar called saddlers (which is like a dance bar but opens till 4am and a bit crazy!!) but its my weekend off am goin to newcastle for a birthday on sat which is when i'd usually be playin

If you want tips on the best bars to go to let me know cos the 2 you said are both crap :D

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
I LOVE A New Error. Fuck it, 4 good tracks out of 11 are good enough. I'm buying this shit! It's been a while since I put some money in the music industry :p
Damn, I influence you into buying some music and I'm not even getting a sales percentage. That's just not fair.

I saw it and loved it. Paul Kalkbrenner is a surprisingly good actor, and Hannes Stöhr did a very good job directing him.

I was the movie in a preview in Belgium (it didn't come out in regular theatres) and had a chat with Hannes Stöhr after the film. Turns out he's a heavy clubber too; or at least he was in his younger days. He told me that nowadays he wakes up on a sunday morning, has breakfast and then goes to the afterparties. :lol:

If you know Berlin a bit, especially the club scene, you'll probably appreciate it more; but in any case it's a good movie, and the soundtrack is just brilliant.
I have been looking for that film ever since I heard about it, still no luck in finding it though. Any idea when it's out on DVD?

Oh, and are you a "clubber" yourself?

Geof

May 14, 2004
I have been looking for that film ever since I heard about it, still no luck in finding it though. Any idea when it's out on DVD?
It's going to be released in September. Watch the countdown and pre-order it here: http://www.titten-techno-und-trompeten.de/

Oh, and are you a "clubber" yourself?
I wouldn't call myself a "clubber". Especially not in Brussels, I don't really like the clubs here except for a few occasional events.

I lived in Berlin for a year, though, and it's impossible not to go to multiple clubs per weekend there!!

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
tunes currently rockin my box:

zoo brazil - tear the club up (albin myers rmx)
dbn - jack is back (albin myers rmx)
deadmau5 - attention whore
c-mos - 2 million ways (axwell rmx)
narcotic thrust - i like it 2009 (giorgio sainz rmx)
pryda vs freemasons - watchin' from miami to atlanta (axwell rmx)
tocadisco - way of love (dave darell rmx)

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Mid-November went to One Man Party, who is one half of Soulwax, forgot the dj's actual name, but it was Steve something, was fucking good, then broke my leg(totally unrelated), so have to take a break, was supposed to be going to Sasha in 9 days for my birthday but won't be able to make it cause of the leg, which is a kick in the balls.
Though there are some parties organised for next year which are pretty good, like Ingrosso in March, and Funkagenda and Space djz in may

soulslider

Rregula sound
May 16, 2006
Mid-November went to One Man Party, who is one half of Soulwax, forgot the dj's actual name, but it was Steve something, was fucking good, then broke my leg(totally unrelated), so have to take a break, was supposed to be going to Sasha in 9 days for my birthday but won't be able to make it cause of the leg, which is a kick in the balls.
Though there are some parties organised for next year which are pretty good, like Ingrosso in March, and Funkagenda and Space djz in may
those guys are nasty as hell

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
i heard them last june and they fucking rocked and they saw me at the front of the crowd and they gave me half a bottle of vodka haha

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
not Dubai, Abu Dhabi (capital of UAE)...along with Calvin Harris, Erick Morillo, Deep Dish, Sasha, Laidback Luke and some other dudes I've never heard of...altogether 13 DJs

and it's called an :gsol: Aeroplane :gsol:, Nenna

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
not Dubai, Abu Dhabi (capital of UAE)...along with Calvin Harris, Erick Morillo, Deep Dish, Sasha, Laidback Luke and some other dudes I've never heard of...altogether 13 DJs

and it's called an :gsol: Aeroplane :gsol:, Nenna
Sorry for reading that wrong.

:lol: Yeah but thats a 20 hour flight after doing 4 festivals in Australia. The guy must be wrecked.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
He got very mixed reactions over here. I think because all he plays is his own stuff and he's lost touch with his trance roots. Was Laidback Luke any good? Last time I saw him he went off, totally surpassed any of my expectations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)