Tattoos (3 Viewers)

River

Jun 15, 2004
Zee it dosent really matter what the symbol is. When people see it they are still just going to think its a stupid chinese tattoo with no thought behind it and means nothing :)

I think words written in english are actually quite cool, if you had some design to it.

And its possible to get 3year tattoos isnt it? The wear off

Stephañho!

Aug 1, 2002
Any tattoo looks tacky, if not vulgar, on some flaccid grandma and we generally laugh at rock'n'roll papies whose tattoos take away all the class an old person could have. Not mentioning that theirs are heavily colored (personally I think all colored tattos look crap) and often clichés, like a rose or a mistress/wife's name. But, with the number of young people getting tattoo'ed, I think what we consider abnormal for old individuals is inevitably bound to turn into something totally accepted in a couple of decades and our children won't even mind. God knows what they'll do to their bodies by then...

I never seriously considered having one done on me, but an ex-girlfriend had 'pig' in Japanses tattoo'ed on her lower tanned back and it sure got me going! :D

Martin, it is indeed possible to remove tattoos with the help of lasers. It's a costly technique though.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
From what I know, it's not entirely effective either. It's painful, requires multiple laser surgery sessions and leaves scarring and/or pigment remnants

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
Some tattoos are cool, and I have considered getting one, but probably won't, because it very likely won't be cool when I'm 40+. Hope they come up with some that only last a couple of years, I would like that.

Not many women look good with tattoos, their usually too big and unsubtle (the tattoos, but some of the women too).
++ [ originally posted by Pendir_E65 ] ++
If I do get one, it will be a BMW Logo somewhere on my back.
No, please don't. You don't want the logo of a car manufacturer on your back when you think about it, do you?

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
Whatever, but four years ago I used to draw those symbols, wear clothes with chinese symbols, and wear those bracelets that became very popular with chinese symbols that Ricky Martin used to wear

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #34
    Yeah, if you'll get a Zee tattoo ;)

That would make you ubercool ;)

@fabi: Like I said, it aint about whats cool or not, I dont do things just to be cool, I do things because I want to.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    I wasnt talking about being or not being cool, so go for it then :) I just meant that you could look at another options before settling with the chinese symbol

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #36
    Actually, I havent decided on anything. It was just going through my mind, casually, so I thought I might start a thread to see how everyone feels about this, just like the abortion and terrorism threads ;)

Even if I do get a tattoo, it wont be soon.

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
    I was seriously considering getting a Tattoo of the Juve logo couple of years ago. In retrospect, thank God I didn't get one (now that they changed the logo and everything).

I want to get one but im a *****. 2 things worry me - Firstly, I don't want to get something that i'll get bored of and secondly, I don't want something that is trendy now but ends up looking retarded in few years.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
    What kind of tattoo would you get?
    Do you read? :)
    ++ [ originally posted by IceBlu ] ++
    I was seriously considering getting a Tattoo of the Juve logo couple of years ago. In retrospect, thank God I didn't get one (now that they changed the logo and everything).
    If I got a tattoo of a Juve logo, I'd most definitely go for the old one. It looks much better, and if I got the new one, I'd feel like a marketing tool for Nike as opposed to someone supporting their club.

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
    Jan 11, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by River ] ++
    You can get 3 year tatoos.
    No you cant, its just bad advertising. A tattoo is a tattoo, and its the same for all.

Let say you get a 3 year tattoo? How would the Tattoo disapear? Would it just fade away with the time and be lighter and lighter and in the end its gone? Or will it stay on in 3 years, and then just *puf* its gone?

Either way, i dont sound logical.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)