Taking penalties (1 Viewer)

Would you take a decisive penalty?

• My pleasure

• No, I'll let Del Piero take it

Results are only viewable after voting.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I always thought it was funny how professional players shy away from taking penalties. It's understandable that they don't want to let the team down but it's one thing being sensible and another to be "scared" of it. Obviously I have no experience at professional level but I always thought that I'd gladly take every penalty I ever could. I mean it's fun, isn't it? :D It's not like they can blame you for missing, that just means the coach will choose someone else next time.

So the question is would you be willing to take a decisive penalty? You are playing for Juventus, in the Coppa Italia final vs Inter. The score is 1-1, Tudor was alone with Toldo in an attempt to score as he received a kung fu kick in the back by Materazzi. Meanwhile Cordoba was on his way to tackle Tudor before he could score, but he slipped and accidentally knocked Materazzi's teeth out with his elbow. Tudor got up and brushed himself off, Materazzi is in pain and Cordoba is tying his shoelaces. Collina points to the spot. This is your big moment, are you up for it? Or does the honor pass to Bachini?

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #3
    Forget the pressure, I'd still take it. I would certainly miss (I'm terrible under pressure), but I would not give up the chance to score an important goal. :stuckup::D

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Would I ever! The world would probably have to come to an end before they'd let a Dutchman take it :D but I would certainly opt for it!

I took my fair share of penalty kicks in my days. I never was the best spot kick taker but I did score on occassion so yes, I'd definitely give it a try.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I take penalties when I win them or when a teammate asks me to take it for him, but I'm not the type to ask if I can take it.

I don't worry too much about the pressure, or letting my team down, because I know that when my mates miss a penalty or screw something up, I won't judge them and think they're shite.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Bes, I know it's probably cliche, but when you're taking penalties, the safest way is to go for power over placement. Any decent keeper can save a penalty if it's within his reach, no matter how fast it is, but if you place a penalty close enough to the post, and the keeper doesn't dive full stretch to one direction, you should be running around with your shirt over your head in no time :D

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    Take the damn thing and maybe blast it well over the bar & crumble to floor dramatically & beat the pitch ala Kuffuor or something :p

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    It's strange how premiere players with huge salaries that whine incessantly when sitting on the bench suddenly get stragefright in front of the box.

If you're called upon, you've gotta take it. Whatever self-confidence and professional pride you have that puts you out on the pitch alongside Legrottaglie :moan: has to carry over to taking a shot when the team needs it.

Reza

Jul 13, 2002
    once a guy said when u are behind a penalty kick at you see the ball ,goalkeeper ,goal and people at the end ,you feel panic because goalkeepr seems bigger than ever and goal is a tiny stuff at the back .

it' funny ,

but it has a lem. you should decide what u gonna do ,note to a specific point and shoot exactly that point .

i think 80% of missed penalties are the result of not knowing what to do.

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
    damn. am i the only chicken so far? i hate penalties. they are so easy yet somehow i still miss them.
    ok,i may be a girl who doen't play football but tsill i would be dead worried to take a penalty!!! :scared:

nina

Feb 18, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
    So the question is would you be willing to take a decisive penalty? You are playing for Juventus, in the Coppa Italia final vs Inter. The score is 1-1, Tudor was alone with Toldo in an attempt to score as he received a kung fu kick in the back by Materazzi. Meanwhile Cordoba was on his way to tackle Tudor before he could score, but he slipped and accidentally knocked Materazzi's teeth out with his elbow. Tudor got up and brushed himself off, Materazzi is in pain and Cordoba is tying his shoelaces. Collina points to the spot. This is your big moment, are you up for it? Or does the honor pass to Bachini?
    :rofl: :LOL: :rofl: :LOL: :rofl: :LOL:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)