Tactics and Formations (10 Viewers)

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Do you think there is any formation where Dybala, Ronaldo, Morata, Kulu and Ramsey can all play together?
nah, but with kulus versatility they will all play a lot. He can play both inside forward spots, the Ramsey CAM role and Cuadrados RM/RW role, which can also be flipped to the left flank.

Chiesa would bring similar versatility but I see him strictly in the Cuadrado role initially, were he to arrive.

- - - Updated - - -

So what’s our go to lineup with Dybala? Does Kulu just slide into the Ramsey role? Does Dybala play a false 9?

Last edited:

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Rabiot Bentancur will be the starting pair going forward. And Danilo also should play, MDL is an amazing defender but he can't do what Danilo provides as RB-CB. And Ramsey is unbenchable if he plays like against Samp.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
To see Dybala playing at the center of midfield with more attacking responsibilities compared to his other two - Somehow I can see him succeeding there although it is obviously not his best position.
Arthur is still unknown quality and its tough to think he`ll bench Bentancur and Rabiot right from the start.
Mckennie is a must as we dont have someone who can run and recover balls like him.

My only real question is where is Kulusevski and then you can put him instead of Cuadrado but lose his mighty foot or we can play him instead of Morata and then it means Morata is going to the bench

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
To see Dybala playing at the center of midfield with more attacking responsibilities compared to his other two - Somehow I can see him succeeding there although it is obviously not his best position.
Arthur is still unknown quality and its tough to think he`ll bench Bentancur and Rabiot right from the start.
Mckennie is a must as we dont have someone who can run and recover balls like him.

My only real question is where is Kulusevski and then you can put him instead of Cuadrado but lose his mighty foot or we can play him instead of Morata and then it means Morata is going to the bench
as i know we got arthur for regista role and paying 70m for a bench player doesn't make sense!

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
as i know we got arthur for regista role and paying 70m for a bench player doesn't make sense!
This is because you call it 70M and not the real name of the transfer - Pjanic+10M for Arthur
Pjanic wanted to leave and Arthur is talented and way younger so we took this opportunity as obviously no one would really pay 60M for Pjanic...

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Rabiot Bentancur will be the starting pair going forward. And Danilo also should play, MDL is an amazing defender but he can't do what Danilo provides as RB-CB.
I actually think that MDL could easily provide what Danilo does going forward. He's very comfortable with the ball at his feet and an excellent passer.

And Ramsey is unbenchable if he plays like against Samp.
Ramsey injury is a matter of when, not if. He's as unreliable as Costa.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I'm also not sold Rabiot - Benta will be the starting pair either. I think it really depends on what Pirlo wants for each given match. For those where we don't need a lot of pressing, then they would be the starters probably.

singus

Sep 22, 2020
I hope to see something like this:

Ronaldo - Dybala - Kulusevski
Ramsey - Kennie - Rabiot
Sandro - Bonucci - De Ligt - Cuadrado

In possession Cuadrado higher up the pitch. Ramsey floating around.

On the bench we got:
- Costa (can play for any of the front 3)
- Morata (can play for any of the front 3)
- Arthur (any midfield position, dependent on form)
- Bentancur (any midfield position, dependent on form)
- Frabotta (can play for Ramsey or Sandro, if so, Cuadrado will be replaced by a CB or Danilo to add balance)
- Danilo (can play in Cuadrados position)
- Chiellini & Demiral

This setup will leave us a lot of cover on any position and most of them can impact the game. We have a great and flexible squad.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
3-5-2 will fail us in Europe. Hope Pirlo changes his mind.
It's not really 352 man. Not 352 that we used to play under Conte.

It's a hybrid formation that in attack looks like 352/343 while in defense it's 442. It's not a new concept, every team plays like this.

Conte's 352 would turn into 541 when defending deep. Allegri's 433 would turn into 442 and Sarri had the same approach.

The most important thing is to have players that are capable of doing specific things in both phases. Then, you put them on the pitch in a way where the team looks like a collective. This is something that we've been missing tbh. Samp game surprised me very much regarding this, finally the team looked organized in defense and was fast to transition into attacking phase. There were ideas as to how attack them, how to create space. I liked very much the fact we finally had our formations close to each other, last season the gaps were too big, at times amateur level.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)