Tactics and Formations (12 Viewers)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
The only way to balance the team is to play Ronaldo as a #9.

Classic 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 with him in the centre and sacrifice Dybala on the wing. That's it. The rest of the solutions are completely unbalanced.

You would have to relax on high pressing and counter attack more to give him more space but I don't see that as a problem in the UCL really. Probably a benefit to be honest.
Goalie
Danilo De Ligt Bonucci sandro
Cuadrado pjanic Bentancur Costa
Dybala Ronaldo

Buy on AliExpress.com

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Goalie
Danilo De Ligt Bonucci sandro
Cuadrado pjanic Bentancur Costa
Dybala Ronaldo
Once Cuadrado is ran into ground from playing every game and Costa is injured for 17th time this season, our wings become Bernardeschi and Matuidi :D I'm in favor of 4312 with Costa or Ramsey or even Pjanič in the hole, gives our sorry midfield an extra man

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I'd try something like

Cuadrado De Ligt Bonucci Sandro

Ramsey Bentancur Rabiot

Pjanic
Ronaldo Dybala

Pjanic free to move around the midfield and link the attack

Jun 7, 2003
If I understood correctly. Sarri said that Ramsey doesnt want to play as treq and prefers playing in midfield. That leaves us with Dybala, Costa and Berna.
Berna was actually not good as a Treq. Dybala played it this season but i see him as a forward, nearer to the goal. Costa would be a really interesting try, but he seems also to see him more out on the flanks. With his explosivness it also makes sense.

I believe the problem is that the classical Trequartista is dying, and this is heartbreaking.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Berna was actually not good as a Treq. Dybala played it this season but i see him as a forward, nearer to the goal. Costa would be a really interesting try, but he seems also to see him more out on the flanks. With his explosivness it also makes sense.

I believe the problem is that the classical Trequartista is dying, and this is heartbreaking.
Yeah, the last successful one was Isco.

Jun 7, 2003
Yeah, the last successful one was Isco.
He is also adapting and often goes on the flanks. When the lineups are released often Madrid had 4-3-3 for example in the final against us. But he is going throughout the game behind the strikers and is moving a lot.

Maybe we could use Costa in that sense. Against Verona The Lineup on paper was 4-3-3, before he injured himself i was under the impression that i sometimes saw him play in the middle of the pitch. When he tracked back and got the ball from the behind. It's a pity that he is so injury-prone.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
What about 4-2-3-1
De Goatlio (or Cuads for the unwashed ignoramuses) De Ligt Bonucci Sandro
Pjanic - Bentan (or whatever combo you fellas want Kedira - Matuidi :tuttosport: )
Costa/Cuads -- Dybala -- Christopher Ronald
---------------------Gonzalo -----------------------------------

we can switch the front few players around based on whatever people want, but im suprised it has not been discussed more, i feel Cuads would be needed on the wing for balance but im an idiot so..

Jun 7, 2003
What about 4-2-3-1
De Goatlio (or Cuads for the unwashed ignoramuses) De Ligt Bonucci Sandro
Pjanic - Bentan (or whatever combo you fellas want Kedira - Matuidi :tuttosport: )
Costa/Cuads -- Dybala -- Christopher Ronald
---------------------Gonzalo -----------------------------------

we can switch the front few players around based on whatever people want, but im suprised it has not been discussed more, i feel Cuads would be needed on the wing for balance but im an idiot so..
I think her we have the same problem with the 10 role, Dybala is too far away from the goal. Allegri tried that last year, when i remember right.

dryatson

Feb 2, 2020
I think, considering the players at disposal and the actual physical fitness of the team, a 3-4-1-2 would be the best formation possible:

The Polish
De Ligt Bonucci Chiellini
Cuadrado Pjanic Betancur Alex Sandro
Berna or Ramsey
Dybala CR7​
On the bench: Rugani for central back; De Sciglio and Danilo for wingback; Rabiot, Matuidi (and Khedira when not injured) for the middle of the park; Berna or Ramsey (depending on who's hot); Higuain in the front. Plus Buffon between the posts.

Demiral is out, and Douglas Costa is... well, Douglas Costa (should I say more ?).

This tactical formation would give more opportunities to Cuadrado and Alex Sandro to be part of offensive pieces of games, while the Trequartista will have less burden to assure the offensive task. The Back 3 line will give stronger defensves basis with players used to know how to defend, and could sue more Bonucci long pass skills as well as underrated Chiellini short pass abilities when crossing the midfield lines. Dybala would be closer to the goal (if only he was able to carry the ball as brillant as a Alejandro Gomez... i'm not asking Neymar level, just... Alejandro Gomez skills set) and CR7 would have more open spaces created by AS or the Trequartista higher on the pitch.

But this will never happen with the stuttborn coach we have on the bench...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)