Tactics and Formations (15 Viewers)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
We should go back to 4-2-3-1 and with playing Dybala centrally, it suits the rest of the team and himself more
Since our midfield is shit, and we currently only have 4 fit midfielders anyway, it makes sense to try and bypass the weakest area in our team. I think a 3-4-1-2 might work as well, with Cancelo and Spina, Dybala behind Mandzukic and Ronaldo, or bench Mandzukic and play Berna behind Dybala and Ronaldo.

Last edited:

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
Since our midfield is shit, and we currently only have 4 fit midfielders anyway, it makes sense to try and bypass the weak area in our team. I think a 3-4-1-2 might work as well, with Cancelo and Spina, Dybala behind Mandzukic and Ronaldo, or bench Mandzukic and play Berna behind Dybala and Ronaldo.
Yeah was thinking this too except we don't know how fit Barz is and nobody else can be trusted to replace him in a back 3.
4213 is doable..Two dedicated stoppers In front of the CBs, this frees Sandro and cancelo more..and Dybala or Pjanic in advanced mid position.. Need to stretch their back 4. Need to play width. I can see Costa tearing their defence. Need to pin these fuckers back for 90 mins.

Cnclo----boner-kong------sandro
--------------Matuidi-----can
---------------------Dybala(pjanic)
Costa(dybala)-mandz------hattrick

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
Yeah was thinking this too except we don't know how fit Barz is and nobody else can be trusted to replace him in a back 3.
4213 is doable..Two dedicated stoppers In front of the CBs, this frees Sandro and cancelo more..and Dybala or Pjanic in advanced mid position.. Need to stretch their back 4. Need to play width. I can see Costa tearing their defence. Need to pin these fuckers back for 90 mins.

Cnclo----boner-kong------sandro
--------------Matuidi-----can
---------------------Dybala(pjanic)
Costa(dybala)-mandz------hattrick
ugh

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I was thinking something like this:

Ronaldo - Dybala
Sandro - Pjanic - Can - Berna
Spina - Chiellini - Bonucci - Cancelo
Woj​

Thoughts?
Yeah something like that. Not sure about Can though, maybe put Matuidi in there.

Sandro Matuidi Pjanic Berna

Or maybe even Berna in the hole behind the forwards.

----------------Berna
Sandro Pjanic Matuidi(?)

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
I, and others, have been saying for a while that this team is fit for a back 3 much more than not. This week with Udinese and Atletico showed it. Can playing Barzagli's mixed role was awesome, while of course Caceres was a fine RCB vs Udinese.

Cancelo, Spinazzola and Cuadrado are best at wingback. Alex Sandro can be great for that too. Bonucci is boss in the center of course. It minimizes the midfield's responsibility as they have much more cover than with a 4-3-3 so Pjanic can focus on being awesome instead of having to cover for everyone. Finally it allows the two wingers to play to their best, neither Ronaldo nor Dybala are out and out wingers, so the wingbacks can provide more width and they can be more central.

Ronaldo/Costa - Mandzukic/Kean - Dybala/Bernardeschi
Spinazzola/Alex Sandro - Matuidi/Can - Pjanic/Bentancur - Cancelo/Cuadrado
Chiellini/Rugani - Bonucci - Can/Caceres​
+ De Sciglio anywhere

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
This is the formation i would use:

433: (witht the tactical shift necessary for allegrit o be content with):

------Chesni-----

Cancelo-Bonu-Chiello-Spina

---Pjanic---Can---Berna--

Dybala----Mandz/Kean----CR7

This formation ensure we have the best players available on the field and the ones that can generate more football in different sides. One of the reasons our attack looked so letargic in the past, is because having an ofform sandro and matuidi paired with ronaldo on one side....and MDS and Khedira pairing . dybala on the other is levels below of what we showed vs ATM. The added offensive prowess of Cancelo and Spinazzola is PRICELESS for this juve on the wings.

The premise of the attacks will be the same allegri always use: Attack from the wings and throw crosses..... but it will have the added value of having 2 players who can shoot from the middle in pjanic and berna (Pjanic playing as messala like he did against ATM, not as regista).

On one side, we have the Cancelo-Pjanic-Dybala combo...who can generate a lot of opportunities and most importantly,play football. On the other side, we give CR7 2 guys who can play football with him in the form of Berna and Spina, 2 quick footed players who love to suck up markers and 1v1.

The trio Pjanic-Can-Berna have a lot of fight in them...and while they are not brawlers like Vidal for example..... they can compensate that with possesion and trickery. If you are attacking constantly and have possesion, theres no need for you to be tackling or hustling anyone. Can to maintain things in check like he did vs ATM.

Its a glorious formation and the best we have to offer for now. As we saw vs ATM, it CAN work.

Jun 6, 2015
For me the biggest takeaway from the Atletico game was how we were able overwhelm them with our dynamism. I would continue with that same formula and I hardly think removing possibly our most dynamic player in Matuidi helps in that regard.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
Yeah, people wont realise how crucial Matuidi is until we play without him, if we play more aggressively like we did against Madrid, then we are gonna need him, saying that, Can playing in that cm/rb role really allowed both our fullbacks to bomb forward and allowed Pjanic more freedom to explore higher up, so im not really sure how to fit others around the midfield.

More interestingly, the Dybala situation is the most interesting decision max has to make, he obviously wont take sitting on the bench for too long, but I don't think he can do what Berna did, just different players, do we play him through the middle instead of Mandzu?, even though Mandzu has been poor recently, I think his presence allows others to flourish, but he is ageing so we must make a decision soon. Guess it just depends on if Max continues with this formation

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
Since our midfield is shit, and we currently only have 4 fit midfielders anyway, it makes sense to try and bypass the weakest area in our team. I think a 3-4-1-2 might work as well, with Cancelo and Spina, Dybala behind Mandzukic and Ronaldo, or bench Mandzukic and play Berna behind Dybala and Ronaldo.
This is full retard disgusting formation ...Altering the system that finally worked for us ...and the worst benching Berna ....
Dybala is just has no place in the team ...he can be that extra luxury tell the summer to trade him ....

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
We shouldn't be selling luxuries, especially if it gives us tactical flexibility. We may not have oil money, but we certainly aren't poor anymore. You win by having such players.

The final against Madrid, for example. Look at our subs vs theres.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)