Tactics and Formations (35 Viewers)

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
Have never seen a Juve with this much attacking potential. We literally played 5 attackers today and all our full-backs aside from MDS are heavily attack oriented.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Have never seen a Juve with this much attacking potential. We literally played 5 attackers today and all our full-backs aside from MDS are heavily attack oriented.
yeh , i liked a lot.

If we use this kind of approach, ill not say a thing.

Sadly, i think it was just because we were playing kids.... in a real game we will see a more cautious approach.

Even then...we seemed to create a lot today and our play was very fluid.

I liked.

JUVESUPPORTER

Aug 25, 2003
------------Pole----------------

--------Bonnuci-Chiellini--------

Cancelo------------------Sandro

---------Can-----Pjanic-------------

Berna-------Dybala------------Costa

--------------Ronaldo--------------------

Kal El

Jul 30, 2018
This is a great formation, better than the 4-3-3 everyone kept talking about.

We can't afford to have Bernardeschi on the bench.. he needs to be a starter, and that's only possible with a 4-2-3-1 which I think becomes a 4-4-2 in defensive phase.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
We will see either:
Szczesny
Cancelo - Bonucci - Chiellini - Alex Sandro
Can - Pjanic
Costa - Dybala - Mandzukic
Ronaldo

or This
Szczesny
Cancelo - Bonucci - Chiellini - Alex Sandro
Can - Pjanic
Cuadrado - Dybala - Costa
Ronaldo

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Ronaldo - Dybala

Costa - Pjanic - Can - Berna

Sandro - Chiellini - Bonucci - Cancelo

Szczesny​

I've been a critic of the 442 in the past because we got overrun in midfield, but I think this will work better than our 2016/17 version because of a few reasons:

1. Bernardeschi and Costa are better dribblers and have better ball retention than Mandzukic and Cuadrado. It's easier for the midfield to retain possession if the forwards can dribble and shield the ball well.

2. Can is more mobile and better than Khedira.

3. This formation can also be a 4-3-3 with Costa on the left, Dybala on the right, and Bernardeschi as a 10 playing the same role as James Rodriguez.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Ronaldo - Dybala

Costa - Pjanic - Can - Berna

Sandro - Chiellini - Bonucci - Cancelo

Szczesny​

I've been a critic of the 442 in the past because we got overrun in midfield, but I think this will work better than our 2016/17 version because of a few reasons:

1. Bernardeschi and Costa are better dribblers and have better ball retention than Mandzukic and Cuadrado. It's easier for the midfield to retain possession if the forwards can dribble and shield the ball well.

2. Can is more mobile and better than Khedira.

3. This formation can also be a 4-3-3 with Costa on the left, Dybala on the right, and Bernardeschi as a 10 playing the same role as James Rodriguez.
I agree with every single point here.

Somehow.

Jun 6, 2015
That would be great if it wasn't for some minor details. Bernardeschi isn't a better dribbler than Cuadrado, nor does he have better ball retention than Cuadrado. Can being better than Khedira at this point is highly debatable as well. I do have high hopes for Can though.

Khedira and Matuidi will both be heavily used in the coming season as will Mandzukic. Some of these fantasy lineups lack any defensive solidity.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
That would be great if it wasn't for some minor details. Bernardeschi isn't a better dribbler than Cuadrado, nor does he have better ball retention than Cuadrado. Can being better than Khedira at this point is highly debatable as well. I do have high hopes for Can though.

Khedira and Matuidi will both be heavily used in the coming season as will Mandzukic. Some of these fantasy lineups lack any defensive solidity.
I think Khedira will find himself in a very limited role quicker than we all think.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Where did you get this from?

Last season Berna had 2.42 successful take-ons per 90 minutes to Cuadrado’s 1.81, which confirms my claim that Berna is the better dribbler.

I can’t find statistics for dispossession anywhere
Cuadrado is a better player than Berna at the moment

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
Szczesny
Perin/Pinsoglio
Cancelo Bonucci Chiellini Sandro
DeSciglio Barzagli Benatia/Rugani Spinazzola
Khedira Pjanic
Can/Matuidi/Bentancur
D.Costa Dybala Mandzukic
Cuadrado ---------Bernardeschi
Ronaldo
Kean​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)