Tactics and Formations (12 Viewers)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I'm sure Kean and Pjaca will be gone before the window closes, so without them our first team:

gk: woj, perin, pinsoglio
d: bonucci, benatia, barzagli, rugani, chiellini, de sciglio, sandro, cancelo, (spinazzola)
m: can, pjanič, matuidi, khedira, marchisio, sturaro, bentancur
a: dybala, mario, ronaldo, costa, berna, cuads

this is still too heavy, without spinazzola we have 24 guys, so one CM should be going away, hopefully it's Sturaro. given how no one else is seriously rumored to move apart from homegrown Marchisio, I think it's also safe to assume that no new signings will be made

Buy on AliExpress.com

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
best starting lineup, before we get to know how cr7 gels with the rest of the squad?

my guess is that allegri will be reluctant to bench mandzukic, and he also cannot bench dybala, costa and cr7, so i'd put my money on a 4-2-3-1 with pjanic as a rock solid starter, and allegri rotating can, khedira and matuidi. then we'll start to have some injuries, a dip in form, so we might change formation as early as end of august.

:allegri:

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
The 4 man defense is out of the question, as our wingbacks lack defensive skills, so does our new captain (Bonucci)
Chiellini would be the single defender who can defend in that defense, not even RM doesn't play so offensive

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
best starting lineup, before we get to know how cr7 gels with the rest of the squad?

my guess is that allegri will be reluctant to bench mandzukic, and he also cannot bench dybala, costa and cr7, so i'd put my money on a 4-2-3-1 with pjanic as a rock solid starter, and allegri rotating can, khedira and matuidi. then we'll start to have some injuries, a dip in form, so we might change formation as early as end of august.

:allegri:
Naa I think Allegri is going to stick to the 433/442, even when he didnt have the personnel he still stuck to this formation in pre-season

Mandu and Matuidi are just back from the holidays

The other WC players have only been training for a week

I reckon fitness and march sharpness will dictate the first few lineups

Apr 19, 2007
I think this lineup will be what we use

------------------------Ronaldo--------------------Costa--
--------------Dybala--------------------------------

----------Matuidi----------------------Can----------

------------------------Pjanic-------------------------
Sandro---------------------------------------------Cancelo
----------------Chiellini---------Bon/Ben-----------------

This gives us tactical flexibility. We can do a number of things. We can move Costa and dybala positions to create more width on either side.
Also if we need a creative player more centrally we can play similar to France and mave Matuidi occupy more of the left while either Ronaldo or Dybala drop in to recieve the ball negating our lack of an offensive CM. We can take turns pushing Sandro and Cancelo high and they can both be covered. Plus with Costa on the right we can drop into a 4-4-2 defensive shape that Max likes.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
I think this lineup will be what we use

------------------------Ronaldo--------------------Costa--
--------------Dybala--------------------------------

----------Matuidi----------------------Can----------

------------------------Pjanic-------------------------
Sandro---------------------------------------------Cancelo
----------------Chiellini---------Bon/Ben-----------------
Like these 11 to be 1st team for now. Maybe I over emphasize offense, but would like if possible Berna or Cuads being able to handle a MF spot at times instead of Can and Matuidi. And who knows if Bentancur ends ups playing better than Can? If all goes well, really see no reason Khedira would be needed unless injuries arise.

Jul 13, 2010
Like these 11 to be 1st team for now. Maybe I over emphasize offense, but would like if possible Berna or Cuads being able to handle a MF spot at times instead of Can and Matuidi. And who knows if Bentancur ends ups playing better than Can? If all goes well, really see no reason Khedira would be needed unless injuries arise.
but to release khedira so we could force wingers to play out of position and gamble on them doing better there? Does not sound like a great plan, rather extremely inefficient.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
I would not in the least be surprised if we run with a 352 this year given we have 5 central defenders and 4 players who would make decent wing backs:

-----------------------------Szczesny--------------------------

-----------------Benatia----Bonucci----Chiellini--------------

Cancelo/Cuad----Can----Pjanic----Matuidi----Sandro/Costa

-------------Dybala/Mandzukic-----Ronaldo------------------

With this squad you could almost play any formation though.

- - - Updated - - -

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
Szczesny/Perin
Cancelo-Bonucci-Chiellini-AS
Berna-Pjanic-Can/Matuidi-DC
Dybala-Ronaldo

Szczesny/Perin
Can-Pjanic-Matuidi
Dybala-Ronaldo-DC

Szczesny/Perin
DC-Can-Pjanic-Matuidi
Dybala-Ronaldo

Szczesny/Perin
Rugani-Bonucci-Chiellini
Cancelo-Pjanic-Can/Matuidi-AS
Dybala-Ronaldo-DC

Szczesny/Perin
Cuadrados-Pjanic-Can/Matuidi-DC
Dybala-Ronaldo

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Szczesny/Perin
Cancelo-Bonucci-Chiellini-Alex Sandro
Berna-Pjanic-Can/Matuidi-Douglas Costa
Dybala-Ronaldo

Szczesny/Perin
Can-Pjanic-Matuidi
Dybala-Ronaldo-Douglas Costa

Szczesny/Perin
Douglas Costa-Can-Pjanic-Matuidi
Dybala-Ronaldo

Szczesny/Perin
Rugani-Bonucci-Chiellini
Cancelo-Pjanic-Can/Matuidi-Alex Sandro
They all look great to be honest, however I doubt that Allegri will play a back four with two fullbacks who are better in offense. Afterall Allegri likes to play with one attacking fullback and one defensive. Great to have a lot of alternatives for a coach like Allegri, who likes to switch between formations.

- - - Updated - - -

Szczesny/Perin
Berna-Pjanic-Can/Matuidi-Douglas Costa
Dybala-Ronaldo

Szczesny/Perin
Can-Pjanic-Matuidi

Szczesny/Perin
Douglas Costa-Can-Pjanic-Matuidi
Dybala-Ronaldo

Szczesny/Perin
Rugani-Bonucci-Chiellini
Cancelo-Pjanic-Can/Matuidi-Alex Sandro
They all look great to be honest, however I doubt that Allegri will play a back four with two fullbacks who are better in offense. Afterall Allegri likes to play with one attacking fullback and one defensive. Great to have a lot of alternatives for a coach like Allegri, who likes to switch between formations.

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
You might be right but Allegri would pair Dani Alves with Alex Sandro so I guess we will see. I can't wait to see how the squad looks.

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
Szczesny/Perin
Berna-Pjanic-Can/Matuidi-DC
Dybala-Ronaldo

Szczesny/Perin
Can-Pjanic-Matuidi
Dybala-Ronaldo-DC

Szczesny/Perin
DC-Can-Pjanic-Matuidi
Dybala-Ronaldo

Szczesny/Perin
Rugani-Bonucci-Chiellini
Cancelo-Pjanic-Can/Matuidi-AS
Dybala-Ronaldo-DC

Szczesny/Perin
Cuadrados-Pjanic-Can/Matuidi-DC
Dybala-Ronaldo
you're still missing Khedira

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Yes, with a front four of Costa, Dybala, Ronaldo and Bernardeschi
Looks like Cuadrado can cover RB this year and MDS can cover LB. No choice really, I don't see 4 fullbacks in the team.

I wonder if Max has evil thoughts to play Cuadrado as the RB starter and Cancelo as a LM/RM backup at the beginning of the season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)