Tactics and Formations (10 Viewers)

Juve FC

Jul 11, 2016
Maybe mentioned but what about a 4-3-1-2? I just don't like Dybala as an attacking midfielder. I'd much rather try Pjanic in that spot. Pjanic has been great since he's been here but he was much more exciting to watch at Roma.

Cancelo - Benatia - Chiellini - Sandro
---Cuads/Costa - Pjanic - Can-------
----------------Dybala--------------------
---------Mandzukic---CR7----------------

Cancelo - Benatia - Chiellini - Sandro
---Cuads/Costa - Can - Matuidi-------
---------------Pjanic--------------------
----------Dybala---CR7----------------

The other thing i feel is that with Dybala and Pjanic up front it will leave Ronaldo with too much work to do. I personally think he would excel a little more with Mandzukic if we are playing two strikers.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
If Bonbon comes back and there are no other new CMs than Can, a 3-4-3 might be the best way to get our best players on the pitch at the same time.

Benatia-Bonbon-Chiellini
Cancelo-Can-Pjanic-AS
Dybala-Costa
Ronaldo

We have excellent cover for the backline: Rugani, Barzagli, MDS and Can
Fantastic cover for the fullbacks: Cuadrado, Spazzollini and in an emergency Matuidi
Good CM cover: Khedira, Bentancur, Marchisio, Matuidi
Good alternatives in attack: Mandzu, Cuadrado and Berna

The 3-4-3 would get the best out of our fullbacks, allow the front three to focus more on a attack, and mask our lack of top quality bTb midfielders.

Jul 20, 2012
With a back 3 you're always losing a man going forward. While it looks nice, you can't expect dybala to come back and defend as much as say cuadrado or mandzukic would.

Also a two man mid should be a no go and we need a work horse like maituidi in the line up imo

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
If Bonbon comes back and there are no other new CMs than Can, a 3-4-3 might be the best way to get our best players on the pitch at the same time.

Benatia-Bonbon-Chiellini
Cancelo-Can-Pjanic-AS
Dybala-Costa
Ronaldo

We have excellent cover for the backline: Rugani, Barzagli, MDS and Can
Fantastic cover for the fullbacks: Cuadrado, Spazzollini and in an emergency Matuidi
Good CM cover: Khedira, Bentancur, Marchisio, Matuidi
Good alternatives in attack: Mandzu, Cuadrado and Berna

The 3-4-3 would get the best out of our fullbacks, allow the front three to focus more on a attack, and mask our lack of top quality bTb midfielders.
343/3421 would be one of my favorites as well. I'd play Matuidi for Can though, but since the difference in quality isn't really big, i'd simply partner Pjanic with whoever is in best shape.

Jul 13, 2010
I just feel bad for bentancur. No one includes him into the starting lineup, heck, some even forgets he is here and basically does not have a shit game

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
343/3421 would be one of my favorites as well. I'd play Matuidi for Can though, but since the difference in quality isn't really big, i'd simply partner Pjanic with whoever is in best shape.
I think Can or even Khedira is better suited for the role next to Pjanic. IMO Matuidi is better as a btb mid an would be usefull when closing down a match switching to a 3-5-2, and as a lwb sub.

Apr 19, 2007
Bonucci deal is imminent, our 6 strikers will become 5, so 3-5-2 returns.
The immediate question is Dybala or Dcosta to complement Ronaldo and why?
I dont know where the 3-5-2 assumption is coming from.
I think we will end up with either 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3. Honestly it will look pretty similar just depending on if Matuidi pushes up into the "winger roll" or drops further in. I would wait for our defense to shake out before assuming a 3 man defense is coming back

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
We are signing Bonucci to bring back BBC
Benatia-Bonucci-Chiellini
If we wanted a solid CB, we could sign Godin.
It's a tactical option. Bonucci comes at the expense of Caldara, a player of estimated value of 40-50mil, so he surely comes as a starter.
Yet Bonucci can't defend, all he can do is pass, look funny and avoid enemy attackers the best he can. So others must the defending for him, as he will do the passing for them.
It's debatable if how optimal this is, but this is what Max wanted.
The 3 man defense changed when Bonucci left, so now we are returning to it.
With such wingbacks, it's guaranteed that they will flank them.
So it's 5 ppl left
5-2-3 or 5-3-2
A 5-3-2 becoming 3-5-2 when we attack was what Max used when we had the old BBC.
Ronaldo is the transfer of the century for us, so we obviously gonna start him.
Who would complement him ideally?
Dybala has the potential, yet Dcosta has the form.
The one who will be relegated to sub, will prolly ask to leave next summer and we obviously going to make a higher profit on Dybala.
Mostly it depends on Ronaldo, i don't think that he will favor a new Messi, or maybe he will... Dcosta speaks his language, but after so many years in Madrid, he can communicate with Dybs just fine.
Both are great as SS and can also threat the goal and draw attention.
In this case, which one you think that will prevail?

Apr 19, 2007
We are signing Bonucci to bring back BBC
Benatia-Bonucci-Chiellini
If we wanted a solid CB, we could sign Godin.
It's a tactical option. Bonucci comes at the expense of Caldara, a player of estimated value of 40-50mil, so he surely comes as a starter.
Yet Bonucci can't defend, all he can do is pass, look funny and avoid enemy attackers the best he can. So others must the defending for him, as he will do the passing for them.
It's debatable if how optimal this is, but this is what Max wanted.
The 3 man defense changed when Bonucci left, so now we are returning to it.
With such wingbacks, it's guaranteed that they will flank them.
So it's 5 ppl left
5-2-3 or 5-3-2
A 5-3-2 becoming 3-5-2 when we attack was what Max used when we had the old BBC.
Ronaldo is the transfer of the century for us, so we obviously gonna start him.
Who would complement him ideally?
Dybala has the potential, yet Dcosta has the form.
The one who will be relegated to sub, will prolly ask to leave next summer and we obviously going to make a higher profit on Dybala.
Mostly it depends on Ronaldo, i don't think that he will favor a new Messi, or maybe he will... Dcosta speaks his language, but after so many years in Madrid, he can communicate with Dybs just fine.
Both are great as SS and can also threat the goal and draw attention.
In this case, which one you think that will prevail?
If I had to choose who would prevail I would say not you

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
It seems to me that we are going towards some kind of 3-4-3 for next season: we're looking to Bonucci; there is a bit possibility that rugani remains here; we bought/brought back 2 attacking fullbacks/wingbacks in Spinazzola/Cancelo; we also bought a strong dm/mc that likes to play in front of defense in Can; and if we sell Higuain, we still have 6 attacking players in our disposal.

I would personally prefer something with a stronger midfield, but a 3-4-3 with what we have right now doesn't look bad I have to admit.

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
It seems to me that we are going towards some kind of 3-4-3 for next season: we're looking to Bonucci; there is a bit possibility that rugani remains here; we bought/brought back 2 attacking fullbacks/wingbacks in Spinazzola/Cancelo; we also bought a strong dm/mc that likes to play in front of defense in Can; and if we sell Higuain, we still have 6 attacking players in our disposal.

I would personally prefer something with a stronger midfield, but a 3-4-3 with what we have right now doesn't look bad I have to admit.
Except Allegri has said they have been practising defensive shape mostly on the US tour and so far he has only fielded the 442/433 hybrid

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)