Tactics and Formations (9 Viewers)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
The more I look at footage of Ronaldo, the more I think we should play a 4-4-2 (the formation we last won a CL with, hint hint). My reasoning is that we need as many crosses into the box as possible, and the fact that Ronaldo seems to need another striker to draw one defender out to get more space. Ronaldo also uses the other striker suprisingly as cover and then blasts off to confuse defenders. This also allows us to play ALL our best players at once. It's a bit lopsided in defense, but we have to play with what we have since we have so many good attackers but limited midfielders:

-------------Kurwa----------
Cancelo-Chiello-Caldara-Sandro
Cuads---Can-----Pjanic----Costa
-----Dybi/Mandz---Ronaldo------
Although I sort of agree that our strongest line-up is 442, the big question for this one is Khedira, Matuidi, Marchisio, Sturaro and Bentancur - I don't see them playing anywhere apart from the middle two and having 7 or 6 CMs is a waste of resources if you're playing only 2 of them in your starting 11. Surely Allegri will try out a bunch of 3 CMs stuff first and stick to a 2 CM formation only if nothing else works, like in 16/17.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4,166
    If we sell Pjanic I'd like us to play formations as far away from regista formations as possible. I want us to forget playing with a regista.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
    Although I sort of agree that our strongest line-up is 442, the big question for this one is Khedira, Matuidi, Marchisio, Sturaro and Bentancur - I don't see them playing anywhere apart from the middle two and having 7 or 6 CMs is a waste of resources if you're playing only 2 of them in your starting 11. Surely Allegri will try out a bunch of 3 CMs stuff first and stick to a 2 CM formation only if nothing else works, like in 16/17.
    Agreed. The safest option is to replicate Real Madrid's system to get the best out of CR7.

I think Allegri will alternate between 4-4-2 and 4-3-3. Matuidi will be key as he can shift to a LM position just like he did with France NT.

Woj

Cancelo - Benatia - Chiellini - Sandro

Costa - Can - Pjanic - Matuidi

Dybala - Ronaldo

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
    Agreed. The safest option is to replicate Real Madrid's system to get the best out of CR7.

I think Allegri will alternate between 4-4-2 and 4-3-3. Matuidi will be key as he can shift to a LM position just like he did with France NT.

Woj

Dybala - Ronaldo
    Im sure we'll see the above next season at some games, but I also hope to see Costa on the left and maybe Berna on the right doing the RCM/RM hybrid thing Matuidi provides on the left. Probably Blaise himself can also adjust to the right side

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

Woj

Dybala - Ronaldo
    Where's Bonucci :mut:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)