Tactics and Formations (18 Viewers)

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Not getting all these 4-4-2 idea's. 4-3-3 seems much more feasable

--------------Mr. Poland

Cancelo - Chiellini - Godin - Sandro

---Matuidi - Pjanic - Can

--Dybala - Ronaldo - Costa

Someone tell me who's currently having a better team in europe ?
Real still has a better team. CB pairing I would rank about equal. Their fullbacks are better than ours, midfield is on a different level, while we have the better front trio. However they will probably buy Hazard/Neymar and Lewandowski/Icardi before the window closes, which will make it pretty even.

Apart from Real I dont see anybody better or even to us in that lineup.

If we are fielding Ronaldo and Dybala together, it is going to be in a 4-4-2. Maybe a 4-4-2/ 4-3-3 hybrid with Matuidi as the LCM/LM as France used in the final and semifinal, and the lineup we used a lot last year.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Real still has a better team. CB pairing I would rank about equal. Their fullbacks are better than ours, midfield is on a different level, while we have the better front trio. However they will probably buy Hazard/Neymar and Lewandowski/Icardi before the window closes, which will make it pretty even.

Apart from Real I dont see anybody better or even to us in that lineup.

If we are fielding Ronaldo and Dybala together, it is going to be in a 4-4-2. Maybe a 4-4-2/ 4-3-3 hybrid with Matuidi as the LCM/LM as France used in the final and semifinal, and the lineup we used a lot last year.
What

chiellini+ godin is hands down superior to anyone
Cancelo + Sandro is on par with anyone

Madrid has the most technical central midfield, but Modric is ageing.
Matuidi + Can backing Pjanic will take them and beat them

Nobody compares to Ronaldo. Costa + Dybala is infinite danger

Madrid can buy any 3 players and it wont be as dangerous. Neymar, Hazard + ? will be extremely good, but they cannot match the trio we have

- - - Updated - - -

buy Hazard/Neymar and Lewandowski/Icardi
Hazard/Neymar - Lewa - Bale ?

I'm taking Costa - Ronaldo - Dybala

Because it has Ronaldo

Jethro

Mar 6, 2018
Have you seen him play at the World Cup?

That Real Mid is clearly superior to ours.
Madrid's midfield is superior to any midfield, not to mention Modric. He's the best in the world by far, but they're not unbeatable. I can say that Thiago, James and Tolisso boss the midfield in second leg in CL last season.

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010

Well, to be fair, their mid is superior, but not by that much. We were equal if not better in first 45 min at Cardiff with only Pjanic and Khedira, the first leg in Turin I wont comment as there were some key moments that decided the outcome, not related to our mid, and in Madrid we were 30 seconds away of making the most remarkable remontada the CL has ever seen, all of Pjanic, Khedira and Matuidi were good and when it was us who got the 3:1 win I would say that our mids did better.

Now if we meet Real this season, even if their mid looks better on paper, chances are our team will get the better result, the main reason being Real without CR7 and Juve with CR7...

Our midfielders are better than most people rate them, they are neither weak nor average and can be a match for everyone, even if we finish the mercato with Can being the only addition there. Our team is good, very good, solid and experienced, and Max is arguably the best at his job... Things are lookin good for us, cant wait for the season to start... :D

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

I did

Kroos was average apart from 1 baller free kick

Modric was great but cant hold quality over an entire game, he'll fade this year

Spain was shit

meanwhile

Can wasent there, Pjanic neither, and Matiudi got world champion

Your point ?

Jethro

Mar 6, 2018
"Modric can't hold quality over an entire game" he literally had the energy for every 180 minutes on the pitch he spent in Round of 16, quarter-finals and semi-finals as well. He failed against France but that was expected anyway.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
What

chiellini+ godin is hands down superior to anyone
Cancelo + Sandro is on par with anyone

Madrid has the most technical central midfield, but Modric is ageing.
Matuidi + Can backing Pjanic will take them and beat them

Nobody compares to Ronaldo. Costa + Dybala is infinite danger

Madrid can buy any 3 players and it wont be as dangerous. Neymar, Hazard + ? will be extremely good, but they cannot match the trio we have

- - - Updated - - -

Hazard/Neymar - Lewa - Bale ?

I'm taking Costa - Ronaldo - Dybala

Because it has Ronaldo
WTF are you high.

Ramos and Varane have been the best CB pairing for years. A Chiellini and Godín pairing would be fantastic but it is close who is better.

Marcelo is the best LB in the world by a mile. Carvahal is the best RB in the world.

AS is coming of a diisapointing season. Cancelo is a big talent who have a lot to prove. Its not even close.

And you got to be fucking retarded to argue that a mid of Pjanic-Matuidi and Can is in anyway comparable with Casemiro-Kroos and Modric.

Modric was the MVP of the WC.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Real Madrid was clearly better than us. Now with Ronaldo we are closer to level even allowing for them getting someone like Hazard.

Not that this is likely but if Juventus got Pogba back without losing Pjanic and got Godin, then we may actually be the same or even better

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008

--------------Mr. Poland

If Dybala could play RW, then I would do this.

But he's either incapable or unwilling to do basic winger defensive duties. Most likely incapable, like if you put Aguero on the wing or something.

But pretty quickly you will see Can-Bentancur-Pjanic, I bet.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

--------------Mr. Poland

well if you play Matuidi on the right side, everyone

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Out: Sturaro, Rugani, Higuain, Sandro, Pjaca.

Main formation: 433

-----DC--------CR7--------DYbala---

--Matuidi-----Pjanic------Can-----

Darmian--Chiellini---Caldara---Cancelo

----------------Wojek----------------

Subs formation

-----Cuadrado----Mandz-----Berna---

-----Betancur----Marchisio-----Khedira---

XXXXX-----Benatia---Barzagli----Dsiglio--

-----------------Perin------------------

Decisive Factor: Dybala MUST learn how to play as a RW, or RW/SS Hybrid now that CR7 is here, because is proved that we must use 3 midfielders to keep solidity. No more AM please, he is not suited to it, and we cant force a formation with 2 strikers to fit dybala because we sacrifice our wingers (in 352) or our midfield (in 4231), so yeah is way easier to make Dybala learn something new, and be CR7s sidekick...rather than change our system just to fit DYbala. He must take one for the team.

Cuadrado can play mainly as Costas Back up on the Left (he is right footed so he would play naturally there). He also could play As Cancelo back up at RB in case Dsiglio gets busted (nothing rare)...or as his usual position at RW if one of Dybala or Berna are injured. Cuadrado is a useful Jack of all trade.

We only would need to find a replacement for Sturaro (Hopefully Pogba) and a backup for Darmian. Or we can play Cuadrado at RB and Dsiglio as LB if Darmian is not available. Bringing in Godin and selling Benatia would be good too.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

But he's either incapable or unwilling to do basic winger defensive duties. Most likely incapable, like if you put Aguero on the wing or something.

ideally you'd have dybala on the side of the overlapping FB and costa on the other since he'll drift inwards while costa drifs everywhere yeah

dont underestimlate blaise tho

Itay

Aug 10, 2009
If we play one of these formations, I will not be able to control myself:

3-5-2

--------------Scz--------------

----Caldara---Benatia---Chiellini

Cuads---Pjanic---Can\Matuidi---Costa

-------Dybala---Ronaldo----

or 4-2-3-1

--------------Scz---------------

Cancelo--Benatia---Chiellini---Sandro

-------Pjanic---Can\Matuidi-------

Cuads------Dybala------Costa

---------Ronaldo----------

I love a midfield 3, but we're not there yet. also, Dybala is basically and Treq and can't play anything else, so it's a problem. maybe as SS he would excel.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007

we'd still defend with 442 and Dybala would have very little defensive duties. I don't think we have the squad depth for orthodox 442 with Cuads and Costa on the wings. too many CMs and very short on winger/forward depth.

in the end if we do play it, it'll be after Max has failed with everything else like the 4231 in the second half of 16/17 :D

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Well it all depends on how the players will move around the pitch, what formation we line up does not matter. Allegri can say we play 6-4-0 if he wants and I wouldn't care, at all. Actually, I'd prefer that he did. In this year's coming CL final I'd like him to field this team.
Szczesny;
Dybala, Chiellini, CR7, Pjanic, Costa, Matudi;
Can, Sandro, De Sciglio, Benatia;

On the field that would mean that Sandro will take care of the left flank as a LWB.
Chiellini and Benatia will defend the castle.
De Sciglio will help defend the castle and balance the team, although sometimes moving forward to increase width.
Pjanic will be our regista per usual, hopefully making the team tick as he even on bad days manages.
Matuidi will chase the ball and look for fast recoveries high up the pitch, mainly on the left side of the pitch. He will also make a lot of forward runs. For good and for bad, these are important runs to open up spaces. Sadly, he will also be given a lot of opportunities that he will not be able to take advantage of because, well, he is Matuidi. In defense he will track back to help Pjanic.
Emre Can will surge forward to push the line along with Matuidi but he will likely have a balancing role similar to Khedira. However, he is more aggressive so I suspect he will look for ball recoveries higher up on the pitch. We will then be vulnerable to counters, but if De Sciglio has the hand brake in, we might be less susceptible to sudden counters. Nevertheless, I believe he will protect Pjanic more than Matuidi does and offer a more creative outlet than Khedira.
CR7 will start from the left to come from behind centrally, or sometimes lead the line. In a sense he roams around but he will roam a lot less than Dybala. Dybala can start from a central position and then drop deeper. Costa will roam to some extent to but mainly stay on the right side since we have no one on that side.

What I am worried might happen with these players on the pitch... which is essentially the same as last year but CR7 instead of Pipita and Can instead of Khedira, is that I think the players preferred roles and movements might cause some issues. CR7 is a striker but is IMO better when he has someone in front of him rather than Dybala dropping even deeper (which I think he will) than Benzema. No one can find open spaces as CR7 and he is IMO the smartest player in the world in that regard. Some of those spaces may be opened by e.g. Matuidi and by Dybala dropping down. But I also think there is more to gain from his abilities if e.g. Pipita or Mario plays in the front. That means I would take out Costa, and we'll have absolutely no width on the right end, and I doubt Dybala will track back to help De Sciglio. Therefore, I would instead take out Matuidi and ask Can to take a deeper position to help Pjanic. Since that would core would be more stable then, I would try playing Cancelo to the right back instead of De Sceglio.

Hence, if you want a "fixed" formation;
Szczesny;
Cancelo, Benatia, Chiellini, Sandro;
Costa, Can, Pjanic;
Dybala, CR7;
Pipita

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
WTF are you high.

Ramos and Varane have been the best CB pairing for years. A Chiellini and Godín pairing would be fantastic but it is close who is better.

Marcelo is the best LB in the world by a mile. Carvahal is the best RB in the world.

AS is coming of a diisapointing season. Cancelo is a big talent who have a lot to prove. Its not even close.

And you got to be fucking retarded to argue that a mid of Pjanic-Matuidi and Can is in anyway comparable with Casemiro-Kroos and Modric.

Modric was the MVP of the WC.
Please stop choking on madrid cock lol.

Godin/chiellini are defensively significantly better
Marcello is the best offensively, Sandro in form cancels him out. Carvahal is mostly a good overlapping crosser, Cancelo is defensively better and will rise significantly.

Please stop choking on additional madrid cock.

Modric was not the MVP, he got the award as a gesture, he's in decline and cant even controll a full game anymore. Last season was his final one as the game's best cm.
Kroos is a good controller, but Pjanic is similar

Offcourse its comparable. One that doesnt choke gladly on madrid cock will notice we arent a retarded team that matches playstyle. Our midfield will focus on neutralising madrid's midfield while pjanic tries to controll. Madrid will try to get from under that neutralisation. It would be an even battle.

Here is the deal. We got the better defence. and by far the better attack. They got the better technical and creative midfield and offensive fullbacks.

Their fullbacks wont be playing as offensive as they could and lose a good part of their value cause of the lethal fastpaced offensive options we have.

Either way it becomes us playing from organisation, or pressing them. Our defence neutralises their threat better then they can neutralise ours

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)