Tactics and Formations (20 Viewers)

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
i dont want to lose Pjanic, so i hope Pogba has another bad season at ManU, Mou is fired, and he hates his new coach. then we come in with a cheeky bid :beppe:
It's unlikely that Pogba will hate his new coach more than Mou.

- - - Updated - - -

The midfield is next year's discussion. This year we have to decide what to do with our attackers.
Ronaldo is certainly a better AMF than Dybala, he turned into a forward because he can and because he wanted to chase Messi.
In his first year he will also want to play as forward because he wants to brake that Higuain record. So it's CF or LW, assuming that Higuain will leave, which is not at all that simple, we have Dcosta, Manzdu and Ronaldo for the LW, so chances are that Ronaldo will play CF in a flat trident.
Dybala sucks as AMF, so don't put him behind him, but besides him, with Cuads and Berna as his subs, with Berna trying an AMF role at some formations.
Again i believe our main issue will be linking our midfield with our forward line, none of our midfielders is good at that role and we cannot expect everything from the wingbacks...
Back to trying to win the best troll award I see.

- - - Updated - - -

The midfield is next year's discussion. This year we have to decide what to do with our attackers.
Ronaldo is certainly a better AMF than Dybala, he turned into a forward because he can and because he wanted to chase Messi.
In his first year he will also want to play as forward because he wants to brake that Higuain record. So it's CF or LW, assuming that Higuain will leave, which is not at all that simple, we have Dcosta, Manzdu and Ronaldo for the LW, so chances are that Ronaldo will play CF in a flat trident.
Dybala sucks as AMF, so don't put him behind him, but besides him, with Cuads and Berna as his subs, with Berna trying an AMF role at some formations.
Again i believe our main issue will be linking our midfield with our forward line, none of our midfielders is good at that role and we cannot expect everything from the wingbacks...

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
If the team stays the same, I think our best formation is asymmetric 4-4-2 with Matuidi is LM, Douglas Costa as RW and Dybala as SS. Something like this:

------------Dybala-----Ronaldo

Matuidi-----Pjanic-----Emre Can-----Costa

Sandro-----Chiellini--Benatia------Cancelo

-----------------Szczesny

Juve FC

Jul 11, 2016
If the team stays the same, I think our best formation is asymmetric 4-4-2 with Matuidi is LM, Douglas Costa as RW and Dybala as SS. Something like this:

------------Dybala-----Ronaldo

Matuidi-----Pjanic-----Emre Can-----Costa

Sandro-----Chiellini--Benatia------Cancelo

-----------------Szczesny
Replace Matuidi with Costa, Cuad on the right.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
It's unlikely that Pogba will hate his new coach more than Mou.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

What do you mean? Ronaldo has proved in his carrier that he can handle any role and he started as a midfielder.
Yet Dybala is a SS and every time we tried him in a midfielder role that last two years, he failed miserably.
Esp this year. And his best games were when he was used as a SS.
I don't know if he simply is not qualified for the role, or simply that he doesn't like it, but it's a sure thing that he absolutely suck at it.
Cristiano will want to get those goals and push forward, but he senses our tactical inability to create and experiences the lack of serving from our central midfielders, he might actually decide to actively take a role and fix that, DP did that when it was needed too

Papi-a

May 9, 2006
Do you think Ronaldo here now, and us really thinking about our brand that we may try the shift our football a little.

Our squad really really invites us to play a little more attacking than we are known for.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
We need a better midfield who can create and pass a damn ball.

I dont buy that we play offensive football. We sometimes cant even pass forward unless the ball is on pjanic feet.

One thing is to try to be offensive and another whole is to do it right with the right personel.

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
I'd like to see a 442

Sczezny
cancelo- caldara- chiellini - sandro
Cuadrado - Can- pjanic - costa
mandzukic - ronaldo

in defensive phase , more of a 4-5-1

cuadrado - can - pjanic - costa - mandzukic
ronaldo

that morphs into an attacking phase of 4-2-4

can- pjanic
cuadrado - ronaldo - mandzukic - costa

two great headers of the ball with two crossers

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Honestly, this squad can play ANY formation. Seriously. 4231, 442, 433, etc etc. All of the ones posted here look great but I would also like to add that now with Caldara we could play a very good back 3 given that Cuadrado and Costa are world class wing backs too.

----------------------Szczesny--------------------

----------Caldara----Benatia-----Chiellini--------

Cuadrado-----Can---Pjanic----Matuidi-----Costa

----------------Dybala-----Ronaldo---------------

And you still have players like Cancelo, Sandro, Bernardeschi and Mandzukic on the bench!

So much tactical flexibility here

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
We need a better midfield who can create and pass a damn ball.

I dont buy that we play offensive football. We sometimes cant even pass forward unless the ball is on pjanic feet.

One thing is to try to be offensive and another whole is to do it right with the right personel.
That is mostly accurate. Any team that plays Higuain/Dybala is by default going to be offensive. The problem is we couldn't secure the ball from the other team, even overrun by Spurs midfield. So people think we were defensive but really we were just bad.

We were hoping to trade punches and that's what we did. And it was the same strategy vs. Madrid and that's how we lost the CL. Dybala got a red for the 2nd leg so we went 4-5-1/4-3-3 and were much more balanced, and almost won.

But by default, we were very attacking last year. You can't be defensive with Higuain/Dybala and defending with only 8 players. It's just we were bad in build up and possession.

There was one instance, that really stood out, where we definitely bunkered. That was 2nd half vs. Napoli. Allegri subbed Dybala and went 4-5-1/4-3-3.

THAT is defensive. And we conceded at the end. But we played that way 1% of the time last year. If both Higuain/Dybala were healthy we just did full retard 4-4-2, hope Pjanic holds onto CM (not possible) and hope Higuain/Dybala convert 85% of their chances.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
That is mostly accurate. Any team that plays Higuain/Dybala is by default going to be offensive. The problem is we couldn't secure the ball from the other team, even overrun by Spurs midfield. So people think we were defensive but really we were just bad.

We were hoping to trade punches and that's what we did. And it was the same strategy vs. Madrid and that's how we lost the CL. Dybala got a red for the 2nd leg so we went 4-5-1/4-3-3 and were much more balanced, and almost won.

But by default, we were very attacking last year. You can't be defensive with Higuain/Dybala and defending with only 8 players. It's just we were bad in build up and possession.

There was one instance, that really stood out, where we definitely bunkered. That was 2nd half vs. Napoli. Allegri subbed Dybala and went 4-5-1/4-3-3.

THAT is defensive. And we conceded at the end. But we played that way 1% of the time last year. If both Higuain/Dybala were healthy we just did full retard 4-4-2, hope Pjanic holds onto CM (not possible) and hope Higuain/Dybala convert 85% of their chances.
Yup.

I mostly agree. What i think is that even when we field dybala and higuain and look offensive on paper.... Our gameplan cannot be more defensive. Like you said, bland 442, throw it to the sides and hope for a cuadrado/douglas magic, then hope higuain or dybala convert somehow.

Thats not an offensive gameplan, like you said it just is spray and pray, and make dybala and higuain run until they get gassed while you are at it.

But hopefully this will change in the new season, as we are obliged to give service to ronaldo, and not make him a martyr like higuain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)