Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
We should switch between

Higuain - Dybala
Costa - Matuidi - Pjanic - Bernardeschi​

and

Costa - Higuain - Dybala
Matuidi - Marchisio - Pjanic​

Cuadrado and Pjaca rotate with Berna/Dybi/Costa. Mandzu rotate with Piggy.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
We should never field Higuain and Mandzukic on the same pitch again. I’m fine with one of them, but with both together, we play like this.

We looked more fluid going forward against Genoa than we have done in some time. Don’t just count the goals, watch how easy it was for us to split them open. We carved through them at will, Berna and Dybala were having a field day. That’s the benefit of having 3 players in attack who can make things happen by themselves.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Drop Higgy to the bench, and try this:

Mandzukic
Douglas Costa - Dybala - Bernardeschi/Quads

Dybala
Douglas Costa - Bernardschi - Quadrado

Douglas Costa - Mandzukic - Dybala​
The third one would be awesome. Put Berna as a BTB mid instead of Berna, along with Pjanic and Matuidi.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
If everyone's 100% fit, I think this is our best formation vs Spurs based on performances this season. I wish Marchisio starts, of course, but I doubt he will be in good enough shape.

Buffon
De Sciglio Benatia Chiellini Sandro
Khedira Pjanic Matuidi
Costa Dybala Mandzukic

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
If everyone's 100% fit, I think this is our best formation vs Spurs based on performances this season. I wish Marchisio starts, of course, but I doubt he will be in good enough shape.

Buffon
Khedira Pjanic Matuidi
Costa Dybala Mandzukic
Not according to badass devil and hustinki. Marchisio should play at all costs, an injured marchisio is better than fit khedira

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017

Buffon
Khedira Pjanic Matuidi
Costa Dybala Mandzukic
You lost me at Buffon

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007

Buffon
Khedira Pjanic Matuidi
Costa Dybala Mandzukic
this is an interesting proposal, but isn't it a bit of an overkill to have Sandro-Matuidi-Mandžukič on the left side?

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
What about a 442 so dybala can play near to goal?

We would need to bench kedira for those 2 in the mid and use a rotation of matuidi pjanic marchisio and betancourt
We basically played 4-4-2 earlier but couldn't cover our defense, that is why we went to 4-5-1/4-3-3, which made total sense to me and what I had been wanting all along. The only issue I see with the 4-3-3/4-5-1 is that with Allegri's rigid approach Higuain becomes more of a target player than a poacher.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)