Tactics and Formations (10 Viewers)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I know max tries to balance it out with a mix of creative players and hard working players so I certainly get that portion of your guys arguements I just think it's time to move beyond that especially against teams like Chievo.
I see your point, I just disagree that Mandžukič is a defensive winger, the guy brings in more end product than Cuadrado. Wouldn't be too surprised to see him outnumber also Costa and/or Berna this season. Not being able to dribble past the opponent and get a cross in doesn't necessarily make you a defensive winger, Mandžukič has other qualities which get him enough goals and assists for that position. Last season I'd have liked to see Cuadrado to pitch in a bit more considering how many times we preferred attacking down his flank, also Khedira most of the time was disappointing in the final third, wasted a lot of good balls.

It's not Mario's fault that he's also a beast tracking back

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Wat?

- - - Updated - - -

True - there was something clearly different after that 15 mins

- - - Updated - - -

Zach, If you are alluding that had we not had any injuries we would have won that game that's a huge hypothetical. Could have easily gone either way. Zidane out-foxed Max
Zidane outfoxed max by evil tactics that saw Allegri's two key players get injured at half time ?

Everyone is all over Zidane's cock cause 'madrid was composed first half and went lethal in the second'. Such selfpity bullshit.

Juve was great in the first half, went a goal (their first chance) down and got back. We had the upper hand.
Zidane did 2 tactical changes and our goal was after them

Then Pjanic and Mandzukic fell out, and others couldnt compensate.

Madrid simple walked forward and contained us, got a lucky deflected goal in.

Kudo's to zidane for targetting the most efficient way to counter us. But we lost that game cause two key injuries completely exposed the team was not fresh and on its teeth.

Its easy. "oh we lost because we had penis stuck in anus, we are bad they are good.

Its much harder to live with "what if" scenario's caused by stupid bad luck like injuries and deflections.

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
Something was off right from the beginning...the way we started the game I'd never seen us playing so many one touch passes and pulling off flicks and tricks while building up from the back..I was actually quite surprised and equally nervous, how amazing we were playing, but so unlike any of our previous games where we had controlled the tempo (monaco, barca, porto etc.). And that first half and the whole occasion might have drained us physically and mentally (well we know it did physically to manbro and pjanic).
We started energy conserve mode in second half but that deflected goal really saw our heads drop. I believe the recent losses to napoli and roma where we actually got outplayed might have hurt our psyche.

The napoli and roma games were inconsequential but we didnt attempt/couldnt mount a comeback in either

And the supercup against lazio went the same way but we showed more fight, hopefully the game against genoa was a turning point

P.S. sorry for this long rant, it's like I have PTSD from that game

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I see your point, I just disagree that Mandžukič is a defensive winger, the guy brings in more end product than Cuadrado. Wouldn't be too surprised to see him outnumber also Costa and/or Berna this season. Not being able to dribble past the opponent and get a cross in doesn't necessarily make you a defensive winger, Mandžukič has other qualities which get him enough goals and assists for that position. Last season I'd have liked to see Cuadrado to pitch in a bit more considering how many times we preferred attacking down his flank, also Khedira most of the time was disappointing in the final third, wasted a lot of good balls.

It's not Mario's fault that he's also a beast tracking back
:tup:

Says a lot about how bad Cuads was at the end of last season that a non winger offers more in attack than he does :D

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
We desperately need a creative midfielder who can carry the ball from midfield to attack.

Real Madrid have Modric, Bayern have Thiago, Barcelona have Iniesta. Ancelotti's Milan had Seedorf.

We don't have anyone like that since we sold Pogba. Pjanic is more like Pirlo or Kroos, someone who sits in front of the defence and dictates. A different kind of player.

We should have bought someone like Naby Keita or Jean Michael Seri.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Higuain doesn't deserve to be starting, especially not in the CL. We aren't simply going to play him based on reputation and price tag. His contribution is non existent. I honestly hope he gets a 2-3 game match ban, so Allegri can finally see that our style of play might actually improve without him, without needing everyone to sacrifice themselves for him.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
----------------------Rugani
------------Höwedes---------Chiellini
Cuadrado-------Pjanic----Matuidi---AlexSandro
-------------Dybala-------------Costa
----------------------Mandzu

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
----------------------Rugani
------------Höwedes---------Chiellini
Cuadrado-------Pjanic----Matuidi---AlexSandro
-------------Dybala-------------Costa
----------------------Mandzu
Höwedes should start over Cuadrado. That looks way too attacking and can get exposed. Matuidi has to do all the DM work and i can still see a team like Real/Barca destroy that cause it is unbalanced really. Cuadrado and Sandro push forward and leave gaps in the defense.

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
Höwedes should start over Cuadrado. That looks way too attacking and can get exposed. Matuidi has to do all the DM work and i can still see a team like Real/Barca destroy that cause it is unbalanced really. Cuadrado and Sandro push forward and leave gaps in the defense.
Wtf. There are 3 centerbacks, so there would be less DM work for Matuidi than it has been yesterday.
And RM in a 3-5-2 or in this case a 3-4-2-1 is Cuadrados best position.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Wtf. There are 3 centerbacks, so there would be less DM work for Matuidi than it has been yesterday.
And RM in a 3-5-2 or in this case a 3-4-2-1 is Cuadrados best position.
How does having more CB-s on improve the DM work in the midfield? None of the CBs are playing midfield.

- - - Updated - - -

Get down with the 433

The 433 yeah you know me
We have the squad to play 4-3-3 and i mean proper 4-3-3 but where do you put Dybala then. Cause we could play this:

---Costa---------Higuain/Mandzu----------Berna/Cuads
-----------Matuidi------Pjanic-----March/Khed------------
Sandro-----------Chil-----------Rug---------------Höwedes
---------------------------Buffon--------------------------------

If Dybala is included the 4-3-3 becomes a 4-3-1-2 And where do u put Costa/Berna then?

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
We struggled years with the 3-5-2 system in the CL. I really dont think adding extra CB is going to improve anything.
Yes, it's kind of interesting how those english teams will end up in CL with 3 center backs: Chelsea, City, Tottenham (sometimes), Arsenal (in EL :seven:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)