Tactics and Formations (30 Viewers)

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
I see us playing an assymetrical formation given our lack of attacking right full back:

---------------------Buffon-------------------

Howedes----Rugani----Chiellini------------
---------------------------------------Sandro

--------------Pjanic------Matuidi------------

Costa----------------------------------------
--------------------Dybala-------------------
----------------------------Mandzukic-------
--------------------Higuain------------------

But look at the 2nd string team:

---------------------Szczesny--------------------

Lichsteiner----Barzagli---Benatia-----De Siglio

--------------Khedira----Marchisio/(Bentancur)-

----Cuadrado-----Bernardeschi------Pjaca------

-------------------------Kean----------------------

That 2nd team would have won the scudetto in last year's season. This is year is more competitive but - its an impressive 2nd string team!

Nomuken

NUMB
Contributor
Dec 14, 2009
I think Dybala and Bernardeschi could complement each other pretty well, could be experimented during a mid week game. Also if Marchisio was in top shape he would work well with Matuidi. But with those mentioned, don't know if it's worth sacrificing Higuain and Pjanic. Max has his hands full.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
I see us playing an assymetrical formation given our lack of attacking right full back:

---------------------Buffon-------------------

Howedes----Rugani----Chiellini------------
---------------------------------------Sandro

--------------Pjanic------Matuidi------------

Costa----------------------------------------
--------------------Dybala-------------------
----------------------------Mandzukic-------
--------------------Higuain------------------

But look at the 2nd string team:

---------------------Szczesny--------------------

Lichsteiner----Barzagli---Benatia-----De Siglio

--------------Khedira----Marchisio/(Bentancur)-

----Cuadrado-----Bernardeschi------Pjaca------

-------------------------Kean----------------------

That 2nd team would have won the scudetto in last year's season. This is year is more competitive but - its an impressive 2nd string team!
Kean can score 20 goals?

- - - Updated - - -

If Mandzu starts, im concerned about the attack rotation. Who is rotating between Mandzu and Higuain? Kean only left for central attack.

Given we were linked or interested in both Keita and Schick, it means we wanted another attacking option.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Kean can score 20 goals?

- - - Updated - - -

If Mandzu starts, im concerned about the attack rotation. Who is rotating between Mandzu and Higuain? Kean only left for central attack.

Given we were linked or interested in both Keita and Schick, it means we wanted another attacking option.
Kean is gone!
Mandzukic, Higuain, and Dybala all can play CF.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
I'd like to see a lopsided 4-4-1-1 with Costa as a pure winger, Dybala dropping deep and Berna drifting inside.

Higuain
Dybala
Costa - Matuidi - Pjanic - Berna
Sandro - Chiellini - Rugani - Howedes
Gigi​

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Good formations, I would also like to add another option, as we have seen Max using a 3-4-3:

Howedes/Licht Barzagli/Rugani Chiellinii/Benatia

Cuadrado/De Sciglio Matuidi/Khedira Pjanic/Marchisio Sandro/Asamoah

Dybala/Berna Higuain/Mandzukic DCosta/Pjaca

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I'd like to see a lopsided 4-4-1-1 with Costa as a pure winger, Dybala dropping deep and Berna drifting inside.

Higuain
Dybala
Costa - Matuidi - Pjanic - Berna
Sandro - Chiellini - Rugani - Howedes
Gigi​
this is how I imagine we'll look like once everybody gets settled in, of course Mandžukič and Cuads will also get plenty of game time, I doubt we'll have a set-in-stone starting 4 in attack like last season. maybe we'll have a go at 3 midfielders if Bentancur explodes and/or Marchisio/Khedira hit top form

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Buffon
Höwedes-Rugani-Chiellini
Cuadrado-Pjanić-Matuidi-Sandro
Bernardeschi
Dybala-Higuaín​

This looks pretty strong tbh

No Mandzukic automatically makes our starting eleven stronger.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Buffon
Höwedes-Rugani-Chiellini
Cuadrado-Pjanić-Matuidi-Sandro
Bernardeschi
Dybala-Higuaín​

This looks pretty strong tbh

No Mandzukic automatically makes our starting eleven stronger.
Looks really strong I would probably go with Costa instead of Berna and go 3-4-2-1 with Dybala and Costa behind Higuain.

Mandzu on the bench and Sturaro in the stands.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Honestly, I really don't like the concept of Mandzukic playing left wing. I don't care how good his workrate is. A winger should be able to dribble past opponents and create chances, first and foremost, something Mario can't do.

You can make him backup striker, you can even start him if Higgy is in bad form. I just don't want to see him out wide anymore. He's not a winger, period.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Honestly, I really don't like the concept of Mandzukic playing left wing. I don't care how good his workrate is. A winger should be able to dribble past opponents and create chances, first and foremost, something Mario can't do.

You can make him backup striker, you can even start him if Higgy is in bad form. I just don't want to see him out wide anymore. He's not a winger, period.
When we can't break up to opposition I agree with you that Mandzu isn't a solution. But he's obviously a big game player.

We should rotate Higgy and Mandzu at CF more, I agree. Higuain won't ever score 36 goals here, and shouldn't be guaranteed 95 minutes every weekend.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
I actually think the strongest formation maybe a 3412 with Costa as a wing back to be honest while having Bernardeschi play as the trequartista and Dybala closer to goal.

---------------------Buffon--------------------

-------Howedes----Rugani------Chiellini-----

Costa-------Matuidi-------Pjanic------Sandro

------------------Bernardeschi----------------

-------------Dybala---------Higuain-----------

Its balanced and yet brings the best out of our attacking talents. The above transforms to a 4231 very easily with the same players on the pitch.

The bench would be: Szczesny, De Sciglio, Barzagli, Marchisio, Khedira, Mandzukic, Cuadrado

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)